This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiki Room Holiday

I don't remember if I've posted this here before but I would love for this to happen... there's so much potential for an Enchanted Tiki Room Holiday layover! There's Jimmy Buffet's Mele Kalikimaka that they could sing. And the little Bird Mobile that comes down with the cockatiels could be decorated as a tree (it's already shaped like a Christmas tree by design).

And though it wouldn't be the most popular idea, I think Lilo and Stitch would make a great addition to this holiday overlay... maybe only as a cameo at the end when it's over and a sad Stitch (an AA in one of the rising/lowering flower beds) can sing along with the birds as they sing Blue Christmas for him.

I think one more song (maybe something traditional, "Chestnuts (or maybe Macademias) Roasting Over an Open Fire" comes to mind) and a little bit of dialogue/plot filler would fill out the show to a 20 minute running time.

Decorated palmtrees, sandmen, carved pineapples, strings of backlit seashell christmas lights, there's so many wonderful possibilities, it would work out great, IMO! With the Country Bear Vacation Holiday gone I think this would make a wonderful seasonal change to a classic DL attraction. They could even modify the existing theme song, as a sample I made this...

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room,
    The holidays come like a big monsoon,
    When it's a Mele Kalikimaka in the Tiki room.

Welcome to our tropical holiday,
    You lucky people, you.
    If we had snowmen, they would melt away,
    And drift off into the ocean, too.
    All together!

The holidays come like a big monsoon,
    When it's a Mele Kalikimaka in the Tiki room.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Re: Tiki Room Holiday

Ummmmm.......no. I'm not feeling it.
    sigpic

Comment

i on the other hand AM FEELIN IT... great idea... and good song hehe very creative.... the ideas are pretty good and i wouldnt mind a holiday tiki room...might be a good add.... + rep for you!!
      "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
      "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
      "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
      I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
      If you won the lottery what would you do?
      Originally posted by Wally
      Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

It be really cute if it isnt over done, its tropical but you dont want to shove so much christmas stuff into it.
        Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Comment

Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post
          It be really cute if it isnt over done, its tropical but you dont want to shove so much christmas stuff into it.

/agree heh too much makes it not the tikki room anymore

I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:

Comment

ya that could be cute, but you dont want everything in the park to go christmas crazy! That would be cool to see though, I think its a good idea.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
            MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Well, I like it! Of course, I'm a big Lilo & Stitch fan!

Comment

This has actually been discussed many times in the past. For a time (a few years ago), there was talk of a Tiki Room holiday overlay called "Mele Kalikimaka". However, I wouldn't get your hopes up. While a cute idea, it probably wouldn't happen unless Disney gives up on the Haunted Mansion or Small World Holiday over-lays.
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Tiki room was Walt's show, may it never change
                  Is this haunted signature
                  actually
                  stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                  Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                  also known as...
                  Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

As much as that sounds cute, I'd not want to see Tiki changed, even temporarily.
                    sigpic

Comment

I say do it!!!

It worked so well for WDW's Tiki Room.

Comment

Yet again, I love it! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                          Yet again, I love it! LOL

^^ loves holiday make overs!!!

Comment

Sounds great ---i totally love the idea

A love of Disney that sometimes borders on the edge of crazy ---but I'm okay with that

http://braddisneylandblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think that's a great idea. I personally think it might be a cool idea to have one more serious holiday overlay (whether this or something else) on par with IASWH and HMH, and then rotate every year (show 2 of them each year- for example, this year is HMH and IASWH, 2007 is IASWH and Tiki Holiday (or whatever), 2008 is Tiki and HMH, and so on. I think that would be cool for a few reasons- first off, I think it makes each overlay a liitle more special and perhaps more appreciated. Secondly, I think it's good for the people who only go once a year, during the holidays, and therefore never get to experience the regular HM or IASW. This way, they would get a chance to see the regular versions too. I just think it might make things a little less routine and a little more special. (Rather than, "Oh, it's September, here comes HMH- didn't we just see that?")

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X