This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleaping Beauty Castle Tiaras

Is it my imagination or does the discription of the meaning behind the 5 gold crowns seem lacking?

The following link is an AP link so, I don't know if everyone is able to view it... I am cutting to the marketing info...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...fferDetailPage

There are 5 crowns, or tiaras, that set atop the turrets of the Castle. They represent the 5 decades of Disneyland's history and each one represents an important event that took place during that decade. Tiara one: Disneyland's creation, with the famous Mickey Mouse ears peeking up over the Horizon of the future to come. Tiara two: the introduction of the New Tomorrowland, "The Land on the Move", featuring the famous "Rocket Ship to the Moon" ornamentation, accented by opalescent planets streaking through the sky. Tiara three: The Main Street Electrical Parade is represented by the Beautiful Blue Fairy as the twinkling Queen. Tiara Four: Indiana Jones makes it debut with the famous Eye of Mara, guarded by the royal snakes. Tiara Five, the Golden Celebration, with sparkling fireworks in the sky and Tinkerbelle as our "Belle of the Ball".
    This sort of begs the question: Was the "Golden Celebration" ment to be the pinicle of the Pressler era?
    Check out my other blog:

I haven't seen the crowns, so I can't really say much about how they look. But what do you think they should have chosen to repsresent the years 1995-2005? There wasn't a whole lot going on at Disneyland during those years. Maybe a representation of California Screamin' or something ugly and brown like the "new" Tomorrowland?

I think Tinker Bell is a fine choice. To me, it allows us to look ahead to the future without have to spend a lot of time reliving the last 10 years which were less than Magical.

But that's just my opinion!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

I looked at them yesterday and they are very well done. I didn't know the whole story, looking at them and thought they were for each land, but that didn't make sense.
      I think the last, most recent crown means that nothing happened the last decade as the crown before it was the last E ticket put into the park. A crown for repainting everything would be hard to pull off.
      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Each tiara represents an important step in the history of Disneyland. Tiara #5 represents the Golden Anniversary. OK. The anniversary would have happened anyway. To answer your original question: Yes... sort of. Tiara #5 represents the fact that the park survived the era of "those whose names shall never be spoken" and didn't collapse into a pile of termite riddled wood, broken attractions, peeling paint, stagnant water and cheezy plush. Thank goodness we can now look forward to the possibility of a sixth, seventh...etc. tiara someday.

Ya know... we should've suspected something when they started to destroy Tomorrowland and plant oranges.
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Isnt there something in the Bible about a beast with crowns? Watch out. Eisner may yet be the Anti-Christ.
          -----------------------------------------------
          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
            Isnt there something in the Bible about a beast with crowns? Watch out. Eisner may yet be the Anti-Christ.
            :lol: :lol: :lol: That was possibly the funniest thing I have ever read!
            Originally posted by drunkmom
            this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
              LOL - that is great!

If you want to see the crowns you can visit my gallery over at VF. I just shot some close ups of the crowns - they are in my 5/20 album. If you want medium shots (instead of closeup) back up to the 5/9 album.

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/vfgallery/album27

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                Ya know... we should've suspected something when they started to destroy Tomorrowland and plant oranges.
                Actually, the concept of edible decorations has been part of Tomorrowland ever since its creation. The idea is that future generations can get more than one use out of plants.

Next time you go to Disneyland, jump in the line for HISTA and check out the plants that border the queue - strawberries!
                Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X