• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats Right! Love that jail!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Comment

Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy
      Well I don't have to be, since I work for Disneyland in the security department, I would just assume that I have more than first hand knowledge on the subject.
      Were you there in 1980? That's when I was there last - perhaps things have been remodled since then.

Comment

We don't have a holding cell.....umm we can't thats imprisonment..whigh we are not allowed to do..APD is located on property. All that we have is an security office with [i}a guest lounge[/I]...nothing more.

heh heh - I get it now - nice euphamism

Comment

We don't have a holding cell.....umm we can't thats imprisonment..whigh we are not allowed to do..APD is located on property. All that we have is an security office with a guest lounge...nothing more.
          It is imprisonment. Putting someone in a holding cell is equivalent to placing them under arrest and when we did that at Great America, they were already in hand cuffs.

But, that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong or illegal. We did it all the fricking time... then Santa Clara PD would come pick them up or we would release them on our own (just because you arrest someone doesn't mean you have to turn them over to the police.... you can also release them on your own in a reasonable time).

So while you may not have a holding cell, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having one if it was used properly. However, you guys don't carry anything or even have BSIS cards, so the lack of holding cell doesn't really surprise me. So many companies nowadays are unwilling to give their security officers the full power the law provides them. In Disney's case, I can excuse it a bit more than normal, however.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X