This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Bayou?!?!?

i have a question, but i dont know if someone else once had this thread but here i go...

well next year in January i'll be taking my girlfriend for her first time to Disneyland and i made reservations for Blue Bayou and i was wondering if the food is really good??? since every time i ride POTC i see a lot of ppl in the restaurant and always wanted to know if its worth it???

plz help... and thank you!!!!

Re: Blue Bayou?!?!?

your going to get all kinds of reviews, I do not care for it personnaly but a lot of folks do. I do not care for the food, I love new orleans, but the blue byou is pretty cool inside
    Oh and welcome to micechat !!

Comment

Two words....Napa Rose.
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

The food is decent. The price is pretty steep though. I can't really rave about it, but I enjoy the prime rib. The reason I do go there is for the ambiance.
        Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
        [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

With the Blue Bayou you are mostly paying got the unique setting. Personally I would rather spend that kind of money at Claim Jumpers and have more than enough food plus leftovers for lunch the next day.
          sigpic

Comment

It's very good, and the ambiance increases your dining pleasure! Try to request a table by the water to make it more worth your time (and dollar)!

I loved the boat dessert cookie thing that was similar to a pizookie, soooo good! The potatoes were great too! Try to request a waterside table when you check in, and you and your gf should have a really relaxing and great time together!
            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Yeah, what everyone else says. I'm not real fond of the menu, although the food is decent. You are definately paying for the experience and ambiance, so if you want a special place for you and your girlfriend, it will work. For the menus, check out Judimouses http://www.dlresortinfo.com/ site.
              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I love the place. Very romantic and your girl will love it. Try to ask for a place by the water. It may take a little longer to be seated, but well worth it.

P.S. Dont throw rolls at the people passing in the POTC boats. It only makes them more roudy.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage View Post
                  I love the place. Very romantic and your girl will love it. Try to ask for a place by the water. It may take a little longer to be seated, but well worth it.

P.S. Dont throw rolls at the people passing in the POTC boats. It only makes them more roudy.

Yeah, real romantic with the countless boats passing by yelling "hey, throw me a roll!"
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to Micechat!!

I really like the food (prime rib), the ambiance and the service is good. I always get a table by the water and I'm always very pleased with my dinner experience. For me, it always makes my trip to Disneyland that much more special. I think your girlfriend will like it too!

Happiest Memories on Earth!

Comment

Originally posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
                      With the Blue Bayou you are mostly paying got the unique setting. Personally I would rather spend that kind of money at Claim Jumpers and have more than enough food plus leftovers for lunch the next day.
                      :lmao: hahaahah claim jumpers, great place...get food the size of your head...haha

blue bayou is ok, not like a ritzy resturaunt but its still good worth it imho...ambiance is great!!!
                      "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
                      "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
                      "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                      I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
                      If you won the lottery what would you do?
                      Originally posted by Wally
                      Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

Some people are a little biased because they went to the soft openings when they were still testing stuff, and when they got peeved by one thing or another, they decided to never go again. But that wasn't the finished product.

You'll both really enjoy it

Comment

I think that the new menu and price changes at the Bayou have changed it from a more casual Disneyland experience and made it more of a "special occasion" experience.

Some people say that the introduction of alcohol (at least wine) would make it more of a "fine dining" experience...I don't subscribe to that opinion, however.

--Barry
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

personally i love the Blue Bayou, my husband and i eat there every trip. The ambiance is amazing, make sure when you check in that you ask for a water seat, it make take longer to get seated, but its well worth the wait. As to the food, i have yet to have a bad meal there..my only beef is the service which is sometimes pretty lacking. Back in june i didn't get a roll until i'd asked for one 4 times and then it came right before i got dessert....that was annoying. I really like the prime rib, filet mignon and the crab legs (despite the appearance of plastic bags i've read on here ). Those three dishes have always been wonderful each time i've had them, and the bayou potatoes are to die for (imho, my husband can't stand them).

hope you two have a wonderful time
                            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                            Originally posted by pratt55
                            Elly is adorkable.

Comment

This is what you do!!!!
                              1. Have dinner at the Napa Rose! Excellent food/service/ A+
                              2. Have Dessert at Blue Bayou and enjoy the great ambiance!
                              You can't go wrong with this setup! For the $$ you will spend can't go wrong with Napa, and for Ambiance you can't go wrong with Blue Bayou and just getting dessert!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X