This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Marshal in Parade?

How do they go about picking a grand marshal for the parade at DL? There always seems to be a family that was picked to be in the parade, what does DL base their selection off of?

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Re: Grand Marshal in Parade?

Eenie meenie minie mo....er on second thought I have no clue.

Keep the Earth clean, it's not Uranus

Comment

They used to be picked at random by Entertainment managers, now it has been delegated to the Dream Squad. Families are still chosen at random.

Comment

I always wondered if the family got to keep the sign with their last name on it.
        Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

Comment

Why does it have to be a standard nuclear family though? That gets ollllld.

Comment

For once I would love to see a non typical family up there, like a family with a biker mom and dad, covered in tatoos or s thug family.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
              How do they go about picking a grand marshal for the parade at DL? There always seems to be a family that was picked to be in the parade, what does DL base their selection off of?
              Interesting that you should ask that. I think they do it at the gate, because on Sunday the grand marshal family was in line with us when I entered. It was a family from San Diego. They were ahead of us as we went in at about 5:30ish.

jan
              Janette

Comment

The Mayor of Main Street picks them out of the crowds on main street, usually in the morning sometime. I belive it used to be right before the rededication ceremony but now i dunno, it might be shortly before the parade too.. but he grabs a family unless a prior engagement has been previously set such as a wedding couple are gonna have it as part of a wedding package, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
                  For once I would love to see a non typical family up there, like a family with a biker mom and dad, covered in tatoos or s thug family.
                  Seriously. Or like a single mom and her kid. Something other than two parents and two kids.

Comment

This is where I point out that it isn't always a "Standard" nuclear family. I have seen many occations where the group chosen was a Grandparent and grandchildren, a dad with 3 daughters. i've even seen two adults and no kids. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyCopSB View Post
                      This is where I point out that it isn't always a "Standard" nuclear family. I have seen many occations where the group chosen was a Grandparent and grandchildren, a dad with 3 daughters. i've even seen two adults and no kids. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
                      Last April when we watched it, it was a group of about 6 adults from the Netherlands. In July, one of the families appeared to be a mom and dad and 3 adopted children.
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jables View Post
                        I always wondered if the family got to keep the sign with their last name on it.
                        Yes, they do get to keep the sign.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyCopSB View Post

you ripped that last line from the santa claus....STEALER!!!!! haah jk good point tho....just cause you werent there when it happend it still does...
                          "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
                          "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
                          "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                          I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
                          If you won the lottery what would you do?
                          Originally posted by Wally
                          Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

My CM friend once got a call over her walkie talkie that asked if she saw a "Very Disney family" that she thought would be good for grand marshals.

And the family's sign is taken to the souvenier booth that is right next to the gates. At the end of the day the family picks up their sign there.

My best score ever!

Comment

I met a family there whose daughter was a make a wish kid. They were the grand marshals and also another make a wish family... Might depend if they have those famlies there or not...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X