This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Beach DisneySea

The Land that Disney was going to build Long Beach DisneySea is it still owned by Disney? And if so would you like to see it built. If not would you still like to see it be built in the future.

I'm not certain...but I heard they sold the property.

Anyhow, I think a DisneySea type park would be fabulous for Southern California.
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

Comment

I never heard about this! They already have a Equarium in the area thats rather nice. Would DisneySea be an equarium or another amusement park? Like a Disney version of SeaWorld?

Comment

Thanx for the reply. I've been wondering about this for a whileand now i have some sort of idea.

Comment

Disneysea i heard about and it was soupose to be what Tokyo DisneySea is now

Comment

If Disneysea was ever built it would be so cool but we would have to be consider some things. What should we replace with 20,000 Leagues because we already have the sub lagoon and what about The indy ride would we want two?

Comment

DisneySea should go on the land DIsney owns South of Katella.
              Member of the Disney Class of 2005
              Disneyland CM for 4 years.
              May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Question:
                Where is South of Katella? Dont know if its in California because i live in New York

Comment

Originally posted by BackIntoYourSystem
                  Question:
                  Where is South of Katella? Dont know if its in California because i live in New York
                  At this link, it's the main street here that runs west/east.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...Lat=33.8139921

But this photo is far too old to show the exact location of the land they bought
                  May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

The last I heard was that the property as well as the part management of the Queen Mary was sold back in the 80's. So I dont believe this would be possible. bummer.
                    But the Katella location would be a great place for a water park like WDW Typhon Lagoon... dont ya think?
                    Come to the dark side,
                    we have cookies.

Comment

ok thanks now i have a much better idea of where it is. If they do have the land then they should plan on doing it maybe they could extend the monarail to there like ther original concept with Long Beach

Comment

If a water park is the only thing that can fit then right on.But i much rather have a third gate

Comment

Originally posted by BackIntoYourSystem
                          ok thanks now i have a much better idea of where it is. If they do have the land then they should plan on doing it maybe they could extend the monarail to there like ther original concept with Long Beach
                          Jesus. No wonder they sold the land in LB. Do you know how much it would COST to create a monorail from Anaheim to LB? Plus how long it would take? Doesn't the Monorail only go like 25 miles per hour? Well, LB is about 25 miles from DL. O_O
                          May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DooDah
                            But the Katella location would be a great place for a water park like WDW Typhon Lagoon... dont ya think?
                            It's big enough to be its own park. The land is approximately the size of DCA, and they could always buy out the homeowners. To be frank, they would HAVE to.
                            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

i know when i first read about that i was crazy and confused but like i said i live in new york only been to disneyland twice so far and i dont know as much about the location of cities in california

Comment

Originally posted by melmel
                                Jesus. No wonder they sold the land in LB. Do you know how much it would COST to create a monorail from Anaheim to LB? Plus how long it would take? Doesn't the Monorail only go like 25 miles per hour? Well, LB is about 25 miles from DL. O_O
                                I think the idea was a higher speed design they use at WDW... Travels much faster.... They where also going to connect the sports stadium complexes at one time - sigh - but they sold both Anahiem sport franchises... Though the city is looking to attract an NFL expansion team by building new football stadium...
                                Check out my other blog:

Comment

But continuing with this topic does disneyland have any other places to buy land in the area? And What About Having a Mix of DisneySea and Epcot in Florida. Like Westcot, which was sopose to be built where Dca is now but the idea was dumped

Comment

If you go to this web site it shows some artwork of Disneysea concepts plus other stuff
                                    http://homepage.mac.com/wlwesq/Imagi...g/concept.html

Comment

Try this site too http://imagineerguy.tripod.com/id2.html

Comment

heres another http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1295

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X