This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time in DisneyLand experience

What was your first time disneyland experience? Feel free to go into detail. What did you feel, see, smell, and overall experience in your first trip?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Re: First time in DisneyLand experience

I actually have no memory of my first Disneyland experience... I was only 3 months old.

Comment

OK let me rephrase then: Your first memory. If you can remember your first trip, great. But if you can't, then talk about your first trip you remember.
      "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
        What was your first time disneyland experience? Feel free to go into detail. What did you feel, see, smell, and overall experience in your first trip?
        I was 8 and we stayed at the Magic Lamp motel (which was where the Anabella Hotel is now.) I remember the tram ride clearly and how huge the park felt. I rmemeber the tickets used. We waited in a long line to ride POTC (it had just opened.) I was amazed at the Tiki birds and Small World. My grandfather died a month later.
        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

I visited Disneyland for the first time on July 16, 2005. That was the day before the 50th Birthday. We arrived just before the parade. We didn't go into the park, until after we had lunch at Naples. We had a ceremonial toast at Naples to the wonderful time that we knew we were about to have.

After taking many pictures outside of the park, we finally entered about 2:30 p.m. My good friend Jennifer entered before me, and she took a photo of me. That photo is one of my favorites. I think that you can really see the happiness in my face.

I wanted to ride the train around the park. That is what Walt Disney had done, before he entered the Park on July 17, 1955. After going through the turnstiles, we took many more photos. My camera remained in my hand. I didn't want to miss anything. I took a picture of the sign over the tunnel.

I remember that I didn't want to look at the castle yet. My friends were amused by that. I was climbing the stairs to the train station. However I couldn't resist turning around, when I reached the top. I turned around, and I was amazed at the beauty of the park.

We had to wait for several trains, before it was our turn to board. I was very happy when the Ward Kimball arrived. I am a Jiminy Cricket fan, and it was especially significant for me. We boarded the train, after taking many photos. I especially enjoyed the dioramas, as I am a big dinosaur fan.

Now by the time we made our way back to Main Street, the Parade had started. I was the last one down the stairs. By the time I reached the bottom, the float with Jiminy Cricket on it had stopped. I was elated. First I got to ride the Ward Kimball, and now I get to see Jiminy on the float. How great is that?

When the Parade finished, we spent a lot of time, just enjoying MainStreet. I wanted a picture of the firehouse. I took a photo of the light in Walt Disney's Apartment.

By the time we made our way down Main Street it was past 4:30.

I won't go into every detail past that point. I just remember thinking that although the castle is smaller than the one at WDW, which I had already seen, it was a beautiful site.

We enjoyed the hub. By the time we left the park it was about 6;30 ish. I remember eating popcorn. I remember dropping some, and the cast member scooped it up.

We wanted to get to bed early. Tomorrow was the big day. We would get up early. We were planning on lining up at DCA.

I remember feeling happy, excited, tired, and grateful for the magical day. More magic was to come for sure. I could feel it. I just didn't know for sure what it was. I assure you, that I wasn't dissapointed.
          Last edited by Barbaraann; 11-25-2006, 08:46 PM.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

My first memory is going to CBJ and asking my Grandma what ride they were making. She said "A pretty big ride." She was talking about Splash Mountain. I must have been 3 or so.
            -Jack :geek:
            Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

My first memory is when we were paying, I think it was, to park in the parking lot. Minnie Mouse was standing beside the booth and it scared me to death. I've never been a fan of costume characters. I'm trying to get over that. Other little snippets of that day are in my memory. I was only five so I can't recall that well. But I do remember refusing to ride on Submarine Voyage (which I regret now) and being scared to death of Honey I Shrunk the Audience(I'm still not that big of a fan of 3D shows). Also I dragged my father on Country Bear Jamboree about a hundred times. Man I loved that show. And the final memory of mine was of a show seen down in Tomorrowland...I just lost the name of it. These men were making music by banging on trashcans and such...That was really awesome.

That is about all I remember of that day.

Comment

I was too little to even remember my first experience.

Comment

My memories are all mixed up and jumbled. Hard to separate some from others.

I remember staying at the Magic Lamp with my grandparents when I went with them and the Ramada with my parents.

Another really early memory is going on the Haunted Mansion first because my dad wanted to and me being scared witless about it. My mom tells me she had to tell me we were ghostbusters and we would go in and get all the ghosts.

Pulling the sword out of the stone is another early memory, think it was from the same trip as the last memory. I was more worried about getting my hat back from Merlin than anything else.

Comment

I was anywhere from 6 months to 1 year old. I don't have any recollections, just some paper paraphernalia from that day. What I remember most on subsequent visits was disembarking from the Monorail and feeling this amazing euphoria that I was finally there! In my favorite place in the world.

Comment

dang,

iuno i was soo you i remember star tours the most really...i was a funny kid, i wouldnt ride anything in the dark i never hit space mountain till i was like 12...haha i know im a sissy i liked everything but start tours stood out i was just amazed at the place...it was a whole city of greatness and creativity that i never wanted to leave...EVERRRR
                      "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
                      "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
                      "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                      I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
                      If you won the lottery what would you do?
                      Originally posted by Wally
                      Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X