• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PirateChick
    Queen of Sarcasm
    • Jan 2005

Re: Most embarrassing moment at Disney?

I was getting off Storybookland and was the first to reach the gate to exit. I guess they have a latch on the gate that they have to undo before it can be opened. Needless to say they had not unlatched it yet and instead of swinging out when I tried to open it it stayed put and since I guess I had used so much force to open it I almost flew over the gate, Lol. A CM came up apologizing saying that some new hire had forgotten to open the gate right when the boat docked.

Comment

• Jables
      Blood Type:Mint Julep!
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jennasmom View Post
      This is my first post and I have many stories but my best was in the paradise pier lobby (then Pan Pacific) going to get something from the gift shop. I was walking through the lobby ( thinking i was looking real cute in these new sandals) slipped in front of everyone. the worst part was you could hear my legs hitting the tile. And i just sat there. The manager came runner over asked if i was ok. I said yes then proceeded to cry on the way back to my room. My mom said i should of worn my tennis shoes. I did end up with a sprained ankle.
      Welcome to Micechat! Luckily I haven't had any moments like these, but there have been a few times when something has happened to someone and I've done all I could to help them out. I do that everywhere, but Disneyland brings a little bit more out of me. Accidents happen!
      Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

Comment

• BionicSephiroth
        Sock Puppet
        • Nov 2006

I think i was too young to be embarassed, but nevertheless embarassing for my parents.

I was maybe 5 or 6, in line for IASW. I kept jumping in line and squatting because apparently when you are little, you are trying to hold it in like a big boy. Well, I guess i couldn't hold it during the ride, so when we left, there was a little puddle where I was sitting....guess they couldn't use that boat until they cleaned it again. So there I am, outside of IASW with wet clothes, so my parents bought new Disneyland underwear, shirt, and sweat pants to change into. We head to the bathrooms to see that there was a long line, so what my parents decide to do is for me to change outside....

My dad holds his jacket up like a curtain while I was being changed. Remember i was really little, this story came from my parents telling me what happened. But that must have been super embarassing.

Keep the Earth clean, it's not Uranus

Comment

• DarkRider
          The pride is back.
          • May 2006

Originally posted by BionicSephiroth View Post
          I think i was too young to be embarassed, but nevertheless embarassing for my parents.
          No, I don't think it's too late to feel embarrassed about this. :lmao:

Seriously, I wish I'd thought of that. Great way to get a new Disney wardrobe as a kid.
          sigpic

Comment

• ~xxBooxx~
            "714"
            • Aug 2006

:blush: Well this is not really a embarrassing moment for myself but, I always see (while im waiting for the fireworks in frount of the castle sitting down) peoples butt-Cracks hagging out the back of their pants. SAY NO TO CRACK!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
            MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

• DisneyDude2006
              Comin' at ya!
              • Oct 2006

Heres one I just remembered:

I was standing in line for indiana jones. We were in the room after the projection room (indies office i believe). I saw these crates, and there was a latch on them. So being the stupid kid I was/am (not I'm an 18 year old kid I went over to investigate. I saw there wasn't a lock on it, which there usually were. So i flipped the latch and the crate opened up. It made a loud BANG because the lid shot down, and inside was a monitor, buttons and a telephone. I put the latch back on as soon as I could. People laughed all around me, and my family pretended I wasn't part of their group.
              "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

• ~xxBooxx~
                "714"
                • Aug 2006

oh! Something embarrassing did happen to me! Ok! my BF & I went into the Brother Bear playground thing at DCA and everything was cool ya know walking up all the little look out points, (yay! happy times:whistling ) untill I had to walk across those ropes my god! I flipped out! I stared to cry! no joke! and all the little kids were running by making it hard to keep my balance, And then I freaked out when I had to cross that bridge! *SIGH* NEVER AGAIN, Im such a baby!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

• MaiRulzYou
                  MiceChatter
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
                  Heres one I just remembered:

I was standing in line for indiana jones. We were in the room after the projection room (indies office i believe). I saw these crates, and there was a latch on them. So being the stupid kid I was/am (not I'm an 18 year old kid I went over to investigate. I saw there wasn't a lock on it, which there usually were. So i flipped the latch and the crate opened up. It made a loud BANG because the lid shot down, and inside was a monitor, buttons and a telephone. I put the latch back on as soon as I could. People laughed all around me, and my family pretended I wasn't part of their group.
                  I've had that before! Where they just leave without you as you trip. XD "ByeMaiwe'llseeyoulater!" Then skitter off.
                  Each emotion is a different flavor. What flavor do you like?

Comment

• TooFarAway
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Nov 2006

Went to WDW with some of my extended family when I was about 9 or 10. My cousin, about 6, pee'd in the Teacups because we were spinning so fast. Everything was fine, and then all of a sudden there is a whirling, swooshing puddle of pee! Awful! Plus it was summer, muggy and hot. My mom took me into a bathroom and wiped me off, and had us STAY for the rest of the day at the park! Oh, well, I guess I survived.

Comment

• ladydiamond
                      I'm A Disney Girl
                      • Nov 2006

my most embarssing time was when I was a BRATTY 12 year old AP and for some reason they were letting some people through the splash mountain ride to get on the logs (even though we were two minutes away from loaidng) and they were letting us and some people through and I being a dumb *** stuck up AP was all 'so long suckers!' ya needless to say that pissed the CM off and I and my friend were sent back to wait in line...

another time I was...8 and I went on Haunted by myself...and they used to have this AWESOME CM there who made himself look fantasically creepy...like super pale...super evil...super...dead? and he would talk in a a creepy monotone and I screamed at the top of my lungs that I wasnt scared of him (even though I totally was)

Comment

• Leviathan
                        Guardian Construct
                        • Oct 2005

The day before Veterans Day I took my two kids on Mr Toads. I was trying to tell my kids to becarefull when getting off rides so they dont get stuck. Sure enough my shoe got stuck when I was getting off the ride. Setting off alarms and shutting it down with the people in line waiting. I did not get hurt to bad just a little sore the next day!

Comment

• merlinjones
                          Minion
                          • Jan 2005

Light Magic.
                          “I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.” -- Walt Disney

Comment

• ladydiamond
                            I'm A Disney Girl
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                            Light Magic.
                            xD BURN!

Comment

• TooFarAway
                              New MiceChatter
                              • Nov 2006

I thought of another one. Was in line at the HM (late seventies) with my family, including my mom. About ten people up from us was a group of young adults casually smoking marijuana. Now everyone in line knew what was going on (expect my mother of course) and either ignored it or acted 'cool' about it. So my LOUD mom starts sniffing the air, "what is that smell, what on Earth is that? I've never smelled anything like it before in my life!?" "Can't you smell it? What is it, what is that smell!" She even asked the people around us. Well everyone in line starts giggling, and that confused her even further. "What is it!? What's so funny, what's that smell?" I wanted to DIE right there and then. Finally my sister quit laughing and whispered the origin of the smell to her. Oh my gosh! She is very conservative. She didn't say another word through the rest of the line, just glared like a very angry cop at anyone that crossed her path.

Comment

• MaiRulzYou
                                MiceChatter
                                • Nov 2006

This reminds me of another moment. I was sitting in Billy in the Hillbilly's on the left side on the stage in the fancy, victorian-esque booth. =D We waited God's know how long to get those seats. So they were in the middle of a song and my lips were dry. I thought I could do my lipstick really quick, so I pulled out my mioor and started to do my lipstick in the mirror,which was set on the table. Then I hear words that bring an icy chill down my spine "Your makeup looks really nice" I look up and the whole cast of Billy and the Hillbilly's was staring at me, not to mention everyone else. Then Billy(lead singer) replied "You know, we wear makeup too. The trick is to Blend, blend blend" and he started rubbing his lips together. XD We went back the next day and he made the same gesture with his lips at me. It was all in good fun, but kinda embarassing ^^;

Note to Self: Makeup after or before show, not during.
                                Each emotion is a different flavor. What flavor do you like?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X