Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Micoofy Question: What kind of matching outfits should a family wear to DL?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Micoofy Question: What kind of matching outfits should a family wear to DL?

Okay, now we've all seen matching outfits around the theme parks. Everyone dressed alike so they can find their friends easier in a massive crowd and families who are into dressing up alike so that it is easier to keep track of their own kids..

Okay, here's my question, You see, a family that is friends with my family are planning a trip to Disneyland in 2007 and are already talking about wearing matching outfits. So I thought I'd ask which Mice Chatters here have done the matching outfits get up and if they were made fun of, if it actually worked, was it worth it, did they get compliments, etc...

Let us see your matching outfit photos if you got them, your stories, experiences with matching outfit parties/couples/families.

And if this family that I know does decide to go through with matching outfits, any ideas on how to make an outfit unique and something that will stand out among the crowds?

Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 11-28-2006, 02:58 PM.

Re: A Micoofy Question: What kind of matching outfits should a family wear to DL?

Solid Orange. You will stand out. Absolutely nobody wears it.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Re: A Micoofy Question: What kind of matching outfits should a family wear to DL?

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
      Okay, now we've all seen matching outfits around the theme parks.
      I sorry but dressing like this and having matching outfits is a Crime against humanity
      THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

if someone makes fun of you for wearing matching outfits then the problem is with them. I mean, does the whole world have a 5th grade attitude now?

"I can't believe they are wearing the same thing!!" Quick, better get the cootie insurance while you are at it.

We wear matching shirts all the time, but we make them ourselves and they are usually pretty good. The next one will have the Disney Parks logo and say, "Freudland: Where all your dreams come true"

Frankly, I don't give a dead kitten what everyone else thinks.
        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Not pink tye dye.
          I felt sorry for the 12ish year old boy who was wearing it

Be subtle: same color scheme, matching hats.
          Or JUST matching shirts.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
            Okay, now we've all seen matching outfits around the theme parks. Everyone dressed alike so they can find their friends easier in a massive crowd and families who are into dressing up alike so that it is easier to keep track of their own kids..
            If there are teens involved, best of luck trying to do this... There is NO WAY you would ever have gotten my kids (during teen years) to wear the same shirt at the same time.
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

A clear color scheme is usually sufficient. I appreciate it when grouping, because I can easily tell how many are in the group. Plus, whenever I can, I call a color-coded group by the appropriate Legends of the Hidden Temple team name. To date, only two families have ever gotten the joke, and they were both Blue Barracudas. Hmmm...

The matching T-shirts in the picture above are fine, it's the bright red bicycle shorts that are the crime against humanity.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

I think this is child abuse in many states...

What if you guys just use cell phones or radios to communicate? This is 2006. I respect people that think it's cute to dress alike, but IMHO, unless you're taking a holiday family photo, then skip the dressing alike.

Comment

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
                  A clear color scheme is usually sufficient. I appreciate it when grouping, because I can easily tell how many are in the group. Plus, whenever I can, I call a color-coded group by the appropriate Legends of the Hidden Temple team name. To date, only two families have ever gotten the joke, and they were both Blue Barracudas. Hmmm...

The matching T-shirts in the picture above are fine, it's the bright red bicycle shorts that are the crime against humanity.
                  Loved that show growing up.

Comment

We went for the combo attack this year. For our son's 5th Birthday, we went with the matching "Shmorkus Dorkus" look with all of us in matching shirts (made by my mom with Mickey fabric purchased at JoAnn's). Sadly we didn't get a pic of the 4 of us, but here are the boys and their cousin.

Harrison, Gavin and Cousin Natalie!

Then we had the boys coordinate the rest of the trip. Examples are:

Harrison's shirt has a matching blue stripe and Gavin's Mickey is brown.

The obligatory "daddy works for Boeing" shirts.

Simple coordinating from The Children's Place.

We did this becuase it didn't matter what day we got the "good" picture for Christmas cards. The boys would always look good together.

The Christmas Card pic:

Sure does beat the year one was in yellow and the other in red, white, & blue!

Comment

I vote for everybody to wear MiceChat shirts.

Ooo... better yet! MATCHING UNDERWEAR!
                      -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
                        I vote for everybody to wear MiceChat shirts.

Ooo... better yet! MATCHING UNDERWEAR!
                        Wooo Wooo! Wearing MiceChat baby blue Speedos on all the water rides would be a real trend setter.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

There was a family entering the park yesterday as I was leaving. About 15 people, all of them with bright red t-shirts that said "THE <some last name> FAMILY REUNION 2006".
                          The lettering was in a bright yellow Mickey font. The expression on the faces of the two teen-agers in the group was priceless. They literally looked as if they were being scarred for life before my very eyes! Please don't do this to anyone between the ages of 13 and 20 !
                          sigpic

Comment

Coordinated "I :love: DCA...and I'm Not Ashamed" outfits would be cute, not to mention gutsy.

Or... How 'bout family T-Shirts with Kanga and Roo on them, that bear the slogan: "We're Disney Park Hoppers".
                            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I vote for the matching "I'm a tourist, look at my matching clothes" tshirt for everyone.
                              There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                              -Dr. Strange

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X