Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I already bought my camera... it should be here on thursday or so... I will be taking good pictures like mad... that way I can get them developed and take a look at how it all came out
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Comment

Originally posted by daddyb
      Yeah, it's not a cheap camera... not pro quality or anything, but it was a serious investment for me (and my wallet). By the way, it is digital. Shutter lag, start up time, purple fringing and depth of field problems (all common complaints about various digital cameras) are almost non existant. The old axiom "You get what you pay for" holds very true.
      Daddyb, what camera are you using?

Thanks!

Dan

Comment

Can't you take your digital camera to the Kodak camera shop on main street (by the baby care station) and have them download all your pictures onto a CD for you?
        It's Just me, Jenn.
        "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Comment

i dont know... hmmm... that would always work very well too...
          -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

Get a digital camera. While they may be more expensive, you save money on a) film and b) crappy pictures you don't have to print.

Comment

Originally posted by dgmoran
              Daddyb, what camera are you using?Dan
              It's an Olympus c8080 widezoom with a .8 wide angle adapter on it. With my old camera, I rarely found myself wanting in to zoom in more, but was always finding myself wishing I could get just a little bit more into the picture. So when I replaced it, I bought a camera with one of the widest angles available. It also happened to be one of the highest rated non-slr digital cameras out there, so that helped make my decision!
              ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

May I suggest bringing at least one disposable camera in addition to the digital camera? Maybe it's just because my digital camera is practically ancient, but I am the only one who can actually use the camera and get good night shots especially. If you have a disposable camera, you can ask other guests to get pics of you and your entire party. I have had a lot of luck with that. I take as many shots as I need of the photomosaics and rides with my digital camera and I get other people to take pics of me and my bf in all the gold ride vehicles, with characters in their 50th duds, etc. And remember digital cameras do run out of battery power so bring extra batteries if it takes those. But if you need to charge it, you would still have the disposable to get all those pics you would have otherwise missed.
                The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Originally posted by daddyb
                  [/list][/list][/list]
                  DaddyB, what speed film and exposure speed did you use on this one? Do you remember (as far as the exposure)?

Thanks. The super-high speed film just arrived (three rolls of 1600), time to start cleaning the lenses and packing!

[Countdown=&day=18&month=5&year=2005&hour=4&min=00& sec=00]We leave in:[/countdown]

Comment

I use a Digital camera (see my post above).

I had my ISO at 100 (!) and my shutter speed at 1/4th of a second (i think). I was using shutter priority mode. I didn't need to do any lighting changes in Photoshop, but I probably sharpened it a bit. Most of the Photoshopping was just cropping & resizing down from the 8MP original that was a little wider than what you see here.

BTW- I have a serious crush on Mary Poppins, so I really like your avatar. I get all schoolboyish around her... and I recently discovered around Julie Andrews, too!

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Those are fantastic shots!

We just got back Sunday, six days straight. We camped out at the hub four nights for nearly three hours for the fireworks. It was so worth it! What an amazing show.
                      We got some great video, and some great digital shots(nothing as good as you guys), but it is true that a video or picture can't do it justice. It is an attraction in its own right. it is packed with emotion and excitement. Just wonderful.
                      Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

In an effort to stop hijacking this thread from Wendy Bird, I've started a new thread with my Photo Update link here:

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=4575

Are there any other hints / suggestions for Wendy Bird and her picture taking of fireworks?

Comment

dont worry about it... i dont care...

I have already bought my other camera... I guess I will just try and take some night shots and action shots and such... are there any disadvantages to using higher speed film just for every day stuff... like besides that fireworks
                          -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Peg
                            ...digital doesn't have the depth of field we have all come to take for granted! It isn't until you look at the digital photos that you realize there IS a difference...!

Depends on your digital camera - they are NOT all the same. There is a huge difference - which is why I switched from 35mm to digital. Glad I did, and I don't regret the reinvestment one bit!.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

so then did I make a bad choice???...
                              -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy_Bird
                                are there any disadvantages to using higher speed film just for every day stuff... like besides that fireworks
                                In general, the higher the speed, the "grainier" your prints may look. I have a wonderful daylight exposure of some Rocky Mountains I took with 1000 speed which, when I had them blown up, look like "stipple" paintings.

You may find with your camera that taking extreme close ups (for example, pictures of flowers) may be tough, as they'll blur; as we've said earlier, though, your best bet is always to try it out, see what you get, and go from there. Everyone has to start somewhere, and life is best described as a learning experience.

Above all, and for God's sake, have fun, and show us all the pictures you take afterwards! If this keeps up, we're going to need our own forum for Disney photography!

Comment

are there any disadvantages to using higher speed film just for every day stuff... like besides that fireworks

I had a Cannon Sure Shot for years. I pretty much used 400 asa film as an everyday all around film. It's fast enough for the action and takes decent daytime shots as well. I didn't like the 800 asa film - there was a notable difference in quality of picture.

I think you've got a good camera. My Cannon lasted almost 10 years so they're pretty tough.

Happy Shutterbugging!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

so then did I make a bad choice???...
                                    It's a good quality camera from a very good company. It will probably outlast your need for it (in other words, you may decide to pass it along to your children someday).

If you get bit by the shutterbug, you will want to upgrade to something that's more manipulatable (?), but it's a wise investment to start with and just to have around to take snapshots with. Even if you upgrade, chances are you'll keep this camera around for a long time to come.

Comment

well that makes me feel better about my choice
                                      -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

Wendy_bird: there are arguments for both. Photography is a matter of personal preference. One is not necessarily better than the other.

For years I took fantastic shots with a point and shoot Olympus Stylus. For all the bad things people said about point and shoot cameras, and even disposables, you can still take excellent pictures with them. That said, it's been my personal choice to switch to digital, because I like the ability to take 300+ photos in a day at low cost (and often do!), and also because it gives me the ability to see if I got the shot I wanted.

For the most part, it sounds like you're taking holiday snaps, not seeking greater photographic enlightenment. For vacation photos, you'll do great. And if you're missing anything, I'm sure SOMEONE on these boards can provide you with a picture of it (my Disneyland folder has got to have around 2000 pictures in it by now, and I'm nowhere NEAR the shutterbug Darkbeer is!). The important thing is paying attention to composition of your photos.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

well I figured that when I go and get the film developed I will just get them all on a CD to start and than just order the ones that I want... it does have a zoom lens and differnt settings (ie: for indoor or outdoor) or at least I think that is what I read... and I figure that if I dont like them... it gives me an excuse to go again only sooner...
                                          -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X