Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

    I was in Disneyland over the Thanksgiving Break. Eventually I'll get around to posting my actual trip pictures, but until then I have pictures of what disrepair the park has fallen into. Clearly, the days of painting the park every night are gone. I would have taken more pics, but my mom didn't want to "waste" film on such pictures. (Someday we really need to get a digital camera.) No attraction is save from desperately needing a coat of paint. So, what do you think - has Disneyland fallen into utter disrepair?

    Big Thunder is supposed to look rustic...but not this rustic. You can see how worn the handrails are.


    "it's a small world" is looking like "it's a dirty world."


    Chipping paint in the Astro Orbitor queue line.


    This Astro Orbitor ride vehicle is a disgrace to Disneyland!!!

  • #2
    Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

    yowza. Not looking too shiny...






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

      Hey, that kid needs to keep his hands and arms (manos y brazos) in the boat AT ALL TIMES!
      Magic Journeys...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

        YIKES! You should send these photos to Guest Communications! That'll wake them up real fast (hopefully)!

        ...Joe...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

          Disneyland has been doing a way better job of painting in recent years then they were. But there will always be areas that seem to get missed or they just have not gotten to. Rides usually don't get paint until they have a refurb. When has the Astro Orbitor ever been down for a refurb? But overall, things are better there then they used to be.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

            Originally posted by AaronInCal View Post
            Disneyland has been doing a way better job of painting in recent years then they were. But there will always be areas that seem to get missed or they just have not gotten to. Rides usually don't get paint until they have a refurb. When has the Astro Orbitor ever been down for a refurb? But overall, things are better there then they used to be.
            The thing is, there are just way too many areas. And all it would take is one coat of paint overnight to fix most of these areas.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

              with th holidays falling so close together and parks over filled there is not enough time to get everything done, decorations etc. I am sure by the spring things will look way better.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

                Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                The thing is, there are just way too many areas. And all it would take is one coat of paint overnight to fix most of these areas.....
                Well, it's not quite that simple. If you simply applied a single coat of paint to the worn down areas, the surface would be uneven and the paint would rub off quickly. The colors might not match that well either.

                I'm not an expert, but when painting metal, the surface needs to be cleaned (sanded), and the primer and other undercoatings need to be applied before the coat of paint is applied. And it probably takes a while for it to dry, which might take the ride or gate out of service for a day or two.

                It would be great if they did repaint these areas sooner, but it's not that simple as adding one coat of paint.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

                  Originally posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
                  And it probably takes a while for it to dry, which might take the ride or gate out of service for a day or two.

                  It would be great if they did repaint these areas sooner, but it's not that simple as adding one coat of paint.
                  Unless you use a blowtorch...seriously.
                  The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

                    wow....we need some paint up in thurr QUICK before i shout at the top of my lungs when i go there soon. Oh ...and i'll do it to!!!! YEAH !!! YOU KNOW IT!


                    SUPPORT THE CMs

                    sigpic
                    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

                      Also, it's amazing how quickly a freshly-painted area will become dirty again. Anything within guest reach becomes scratched up pretty quickly- remember Space and Monsters? So even if they did repaint it, it probably wouldn't last long. Still, it doesn't look good. Ideally, they'd have people repainting every night before things get messed up...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

                        ToonTown needs it bad.


                        :yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:


                        http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

                          Originally posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
                          Well, it's not quite that simple. If you simply applied a single coat of paint to the worn down areas, the surface would be uneven and the paint would rub off quickly. The colors might not match that well either.

                          I'm not an expert, but when painting metal, the surface needs to be cleaned (sanded), and the primer and other undercoatings need to be applied before the coat of paint is applied. And it probably takes a while for it to dry, which might take the ride or gate out of service for a day or two.

                          It would be great if they did repaint these areas sooner, but it's not that simple as adding one coat of paint.
                          Well said. I was thinking the same thing. It's simple, maybe, but not that simple.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

                            Disneyland used to keep everything looking new, though.

                            That picture of It's a Small World is disgusting.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: *Special Report*: What Disneyland Really Needs Is....Several Coats of Paint!!!

                              Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                              Disneyland used to keep everything looking new, though.
                              Really, they did. I don't remember the park looking like this several years ago.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X