This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Disney book on eBay

There's a new listing on ebay for a Disneyland "book" titled Liars Guide to Disneyland. It looks pretty fake to me because the cover is something that was probably done in Photoshop since it doesn't have that shiny "scanned" look and it doesn't looklike a photo. It says it's a book by the DisneyLies web site and since that site tells lies about Disneyland I'm guessing that the book is a lie too but I didn't want to report it to eBay until I asked around so that I wouldn't make a fool of myself.

So does anyone know if this is the real deal?

Re: Fake Disney book on eBay

Do you have the link so we can see it?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Liars-Guide-to-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Looks ligit to me
        "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Here is the web site that is publishing it.
          http://www.disneylies.com/

Warning: if you like your Disneyland reverent, this book and web site are not for you. If you don't like Disney fan sites (like MiceAge) being made fun of, then stay away.
          Otherwise, it's a fun little site. "The Onion" of Disney news.

Comment

It's a parody, so its a "real" book....just don't believe a thing it says.
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

What's the problem... it's a book that's supposed to lie, because it's supposed to be humorous.

Comment

Originally posted by scorsese View Post
                What's the problem... it's a book that's supposed to lie, because it's supposed to be humorous.
                Most of it is very funny to disney fans. Just like the movie, Bambi 2002 being frozen to Walt Disney's Head. :lol:

Comment

I always get a good laugh from the site, so I feel it's just a fun gift ... maybe a funny stocking stuffer for a Disney fan.

Comment

Yep, it's real. (I wrote it myself, thank you very much. :blush The person who does Webmaster stuff for DisneyLies.com put the auction up, although I am of the impression people would rather have the real book when it comes out.

If anyone wants a touring plan that helps you visit all the bath rooms in the resort, this is the book to find it in. It's got "information" for guests staying in the Hollywood Tower Hotel, the "it's a small world" lyrics in Esperanto (for United Nations day), and a complete list of all the April Fool's Day pranks the park has played on guests since Disneyland opened, among other things.

If anyone's interested, I'll send copies to the first three MiceChat members who private message me saying that want a copy of the book when it's published. All I ask is that you agree to discuss it on these boards after you read it (whether you like it or not).

Thanks!

~Liar~

Comment

I dunno . . . can we trust a Liar?
                      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Parodies are funny. Let them alone

Comment

Originally posted by Liar View Post
                          Yep, it's real. (I wrote it myself, thank you very much. :blush The person who does Webmaster stuff for DisneyLies.com put the auction up, although I am of the impression people would rather have the real book when it comes out.

If anyone wants a touring plan that helps you visit all the bath rooms in the resort, this is the book to find it in. It's got "information" for guests staying in the Hollywood Tower Hotel, the "it's a small world" lyrics in Esperanto (for United Nations day), and a complete list of all the April Fool's Day pranks the park has played on guests since Disneyland opened, among other things.

If anyone's interested, I'll send copies to the first three MiceChat members who private message me saying that want a copy of the book when it's published. All I ask is that you agree to discuss it on these boards after you read it (whether you like it or not).

Thanks!

~Liar~
                          I'll do it. I know you said to PM you, but I figured you really wanted people to respond in the thread. After all, you're a liar. If you say you want PMs, you clearly do not want PMs.
                          Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                          The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

I got my three volunteers and will send their books out when they come back from the printer (in about two weeks). Thanks, all!

~Liar~

Comment

Liar's Guide to Disneyland

FYI, Liar's Guide to Disneyland is now ready for order, shipping in five days or less. I should have a box of pre-publication copies in my hands tomorrow, and they will go out to all the fine folks I promised books to.

If you'd like to order a copy, there's a link on every darned page of DisneyLies.com. The printer says you can get it by Christmas if you order by the 15th and use UPS 2nd day. I suggest you immediately order multiple copies <G>.

~Liar~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X