X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLR Trip with Bad Guests in my Group.... Ughh

Greetings!

Last week I was at DLR with 22 other people from AZ. I have never been in the position to be at DLR with 'bad guests' and this was exactly that.

Among the other 'No-No's' that conspired, are the following"
    • A group of 20 stopping CONSTANTLY in the middle of crowded walkways to figure out what to do next
    • While at dinner, with 22 people, they requested that the bill be split five ways, and then complained that it took a while....
    • While waiting in line to meet Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, one of our party members was told by a CM that the characters were leaving stage in five minutes, so we may or may not meet them. The genius in our party proceeded to tell the CM that 'Disney should have a CM stand in line to serve as the end of the line, so that people would know if they can meet the characters, etc. etc. blah blah..." I was so embarrassed, I went up to the CM a few minutes later to apologize and let her know that some of us understood why they do what they do.

These are just a few of the cringe-worthy moments that happened there.. I tried and tried to tell them when they were committing 'party-fouls' but the group was too big and didn't listen. I just tried to model appropriate behavior and hope for the best... What a train wreck..

Re: DLR Trip with Bad Guests in my Group.... Ughh

wicked! with that many people you spend half your days waiting by the bathroom.
    Originally posted by Grumpee
    I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Did you tell them they are going to Disney hell?

Comment

Well it was very nice of you for apologizing the the cm. I'm sure they appreciated it. Unfortunately cm's are probably use to getting yelled at for those sorts of things. Some people just never put themselves in other peoples shoes. And for the restaurant thing, man I hate that. My mother-in-law is the worst at restaurants. My husband and I sit there constantly apologizing to the server and then end up tipping the server 30-40 percent just cause we can't believe the way she acts. She has never had the pleasure of having a serving job before. I have so I know how hard it is. Rudeness makes me sad.

Comment

I have found that usually the bigger the party, the less fun for all.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily say the bigger the party the less fun. I think that it depends on the party. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

I've noticed that the bigger the group, you spend more time figuring out what to do, rather than actually doing it (i.e. going on rides, eating, shows etc.)
              Last edited by hollywood1939; 12-05-2006, 12:47 PM.
              -Jack :geek:
              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                I have found that usually the bigger the party, the less fun for all.
                Agreed, I love going by myself or with my sister. We share the same traditions and want to do the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                  A group of 20 stopping CONSTANTLY in the middle of crowded walkways to figure out what to do next.
                  These are the people that deserve to get run into by a stroller.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                    I've found that the bigger the party, you spend more time figuring out what to do, rather than actually doing it (i.e. going on rides, eating, shows etc.)
                    My experience exactly! And no one believes me when I say that we need to leave at ___ time to get over the DL to see Parade/Fireworks/Fantasmic! "Oh no, that is too early - we will have plently time if we leave later".
                    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

Comment

Originally posted by sierranevada View Post
                      My experience exactly! And no one believes me when I say that we need to leave at ___ time to get over the DL to see Parade/Fireworks/Fantasmic! "Oh no, that is too early - we will have plently time if we leave later".
                      Oh man I hate that, my husband does it to me all the time and I'm waiting for him. Then when we start going and he notices we're late, it ends up being my fault....sheesh!

Comment

Max, you should have stopped by and taken this Phoenician. I know and practice Disney etiquette. I also do not like going wiith a big group for pretty much the same reasons and annoyances.
                        sigpic

Comment

Max,

Were you on the same bus as me? We had a bus of
                          50 plus people, that did a turn around trip on Saturday.
                          We arrived about 5:45am Sat Morning and stayed until
                          close at midnight. I went my way, most of the day,
                          met some of the bus people in passing, and ran into
                          other friends throughout the day.

I've gone with a group of 12 to 15 people one time,
                          and that was TOO much. We did a couple things
                          together (Jungle Cruise, Pirates) But then broke up
                          into smaller groups.

Even When I've gone on Trips with my extended
                          family we didn't stay together the entire time.

In my opinion, if you have a huge group of people
                          like that, and want separate tickets, you should
                          really be seated with the group that your ticket is
                          to be together.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilyella21 View Post
                            I wouldn't necessarily say the bigger the party the less fun. I think that it depends on the party. But that's just my opinion.
                            I agree. I've taken parties of 14-15 where I was the ring leader, and its been a blast. But, I think its all in the party itself. I've had a 5yo throw a damper on a whole trip also, even though there were 12 other people.
                            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              Did you tell them they are going to Disney hell?
                              LOL a very very bad place - small world over and over again with no breaks - 24 hours a day, small world........LOL
                              Spell Binding Books
                              http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
                              The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
                              We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
                              Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
                              Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X