This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soulquarian
    I passed by you guys at POTC. I only recognized DisneyKat from the May 5th meet. I yelled but I guess she didn't hear. Sounds like you guys had fun!
    Yeah you should have come up and said hi.
    :crazylegs

Comment

I was at the meet yesterday and no one was very friendly to me. I was standing with a sign looking for fellow single riders, but no one introduced themselves to me. I was relegated to feeding the geese and talking to a woman from West Covina.

Maybe next time everyone will be somewhat more cordial.

P.S. I pretty much only lurk around here, and thought I could break the ice by going to a meet.

Comment

It does look like you all had a great time! I was working next door, I wish you all could have come to visit me, but I know some of you would have found it difficult to pass under the Golden Gate! By the way, looking at the pictures...I got a crush on someone! :o
        I want my cake back!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
          OMG. You should have just joined the group. Don't be so shy. You certainly aren't in your posts! We would have loved to have seen you.
          I certainly would have but I went to get something to eat with my girlfriend. I raced from Riverside as soon as I got off work and neglected my lunch break! Next time we'll hang out though for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by seenoevil
            It does look like you all had a great time! I was working next door, I wish you all could have come to visit me, but I know some of you would have found it difficult to pass under the Golden Gate! By the way, looking at the pictures...I got a crush on someone! :o
            Golden gates and who is the crush????

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse Crawford
              I was at the meet yesterday and no one was very friendly to me. I was standing with a sign looking for fellow single riders, but no one introduced themselves to me. I was relegated to feeding the geese and talking to a woman from West Covina.

Maybe next time everyone will be somewhat more cordial.

P.S. I pretty much only lurk around here, and thought I could break the ice by going to a meet.
              Un not friendly no way everyone i so nice I think...... I did not see any horns yet....

Comment

Forgot to mention, Marina had the time of her life, she got to be with the Micechatters, without her parents! She can't stop talking about it!
                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Forgot to mention that Tim (my husband I dragged along) said that was the most fun he had ever had at Disneyland! Thanks to all of you, I think we have him hooked! :bow:

- Wolfette

Comment

Maybe I will tell my hubby that wolfy- he is not looking forward to meeting everyone when we come in September!
                    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                    Help support the site you love:
                    -Visit the MiceChat store
                    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
                      I passed by you guys at POTC. I only recognized DisneyKat from the May 5th meet. I yelled but I guess she didn't hear. Sounds like you guys had fun!

I'm sorry I have bad hearing sometimes!!!!!

Also DQ my bf is feeling the same way about our trip to the park in August.....<sigh> he has no clue how much fun everyone is.
                      Katie :yea:
                      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Here's my story....

Got up at 8:30 on Saturday and drove 6 hours across the freakin' ugly desert. Spent 8 hours with my dad whom I'd not seen in about 8 months.... I suck. I should spend much more time with him. I tried to talk him into coming to DL with me on Sunday, but he had gardeners coming and he needed to be there to tell them where to plant what.

Sunday, we woke up at 5:30 and dad and I hit Dennys (in West Covina where he lives). 7:00 AM rolls around and dad's telling me the same story he told me the night before.... I'm checking my watch.... Dude, I drove 6 hours a cross the freakin' ugly desert to hit Disneyland, not hear about how your bathroom remodel is more work than you expected, for the third time. Didn't say it, but thought it. I suck! He sees me checking my watch, says I don't need to hear the story for the 3rd time, let's get you going.

So, at 7:10 I try to hug him goodbye on the drive way... Oh no. Got to go in and say goodbye to the step-mom (I was like 30 when they got married...) So, she want's to chat about DL, and I get her pumped to go, and she wants to go, but they have the gardener coming... Oh yeah... Well, how about next time. Dad will be in Michigan... Okay, End of July.... (Great, my dad hasn't been to DL in 15 years, and he's going to go dead center of peak season.. hot season.... )

I'm going to try to get it pushed to October. ;-)

Anyway, 7:25 I'm finally on my way. 20 minutes later I'm pulling into the Mickey and Friends garage. Oh man it's backed up. Only 3 booths open, and lines 10 cars deep at each. 10 minutes later I'm parked. NEVER going to make opening! I get to the escelator. About half-way down I notice my wallet isn't in my back pocket... WHAT THE [insert bad word here]! I had it when I paid for breakfast at Dennys.... OH NO!!!!

Turn around and jog back up the escelator... walk swiftly to the truck... WHEW.... there's the wallet on the front seat. Disaster averted. I did miss one tram though.

No line at security.. Of course not. There not letting people into the garage fast enough to cause a line at security... Lines at the gates are 3/4 of the way back to DCA. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

So, I finally get into the park at 8:20!!! Dang, that's 3 rides missed for a theme-park-commando like me! This is my first trip since October, and I only have 4 hours to commando since I'm meeting up with MiceChatters at noon.

Anyway, by noon I'd ridden:
                        Jungle Cruse: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the changes!
                        Indy
                        BTMRR
                        Buzz (REALLY FUN!)
                        Matterhorn
                        Pan (by far my favorite FL-style dark ride)
                        Pirates (New splashes are great)
                        Splash (the hidden mickey (50th logo thingy) on this one was my favorite)
                        and Mansion (Leotta WAY cool!)

Then I went to the noon meet and met a few people, but generally pretened to not know what MiceChat is... I have a problem with my on-line rep ruining first impressions. Then went over to Plaza in and ate a garden salid while being grilled by the sun and Lisa. ;-)

Hit the Tiki Room before heading to the Single Riders meet. I love that they refurbed it, but the chanting totems already need work again. Wish more people would sing along, but I'm glad to see this playing to full houses instead of 80% empty like a year ago.

I had a really great time at the single riders meet up. Talked to Bornio and Frodo Hobbit the most I guess. Too many people to spend much time getting to know anyone all that well. There was one gal I wanted to spend more time talking to, but she did a pretty good job avoiding me. Hey, who says I can't take a hint.

After riding Jungle Cruise (darn those pirania) and Small World (great, I'll never get that song out of my head) and Mansion, I split from the group to go spend $100 at La Bat and $40 at Pieces of Eight..... 3 t-shirts (can never have enough Jack or PotC T-shirts), a nice button up shirt, a cool nightmare hat, ant. ball, pin, etc. I then spent a bunch of time cruising other stores looking for something nice like a snow globe of figurine. I was looking to spend $100... Maybe $200.... Ick. All the merchandise is cheap and gaudy like getting marreid by Elvis in Vegas, or $500+.

So, after runnig through every store on Main Street, some twice, I decided to just catch the 50th History movie with Steve Martin. That place has a leaky roof, and it seems a couple drops hit me right in the eyes.... They should get that fixed up.... ahem...

Anyway, I headed to check out the parade where Bornio recommend, and lo and behold, guess who shows up 15 minutes before the parade. More time chatting with Mr. Bornio (he claims no one said 5 words to him... Sheesh... what a liar.) I liked the floats, but there are WAY, WAY too few. If they want this to last 5 years like PoS, they better plan on adding 1 or 2 more floats per year....

Then it was the hour wait for fireworks. The show was awesome!

I then shuffled down Main Street in the mob. I hit WoD and bought a new polo to wear to work (many of mine are getting ratty). After 45 minute drive out the 91 to Redlands, I arrived at my sister's. I walked in the door at 11:25 and by 11:35 I was dead asleep. When I got up at 6:50, my sister had already left for work. By 7:00 I was in my truck and on the road. Got home at 11:45. Showerd, dressed, ate lunch and was to work by 1:00. Hey, a whole day at Disneyland, and at most I'll have to charge 3 hours of vacation. Oh, and $70 in gas and $200+ in meals and shopping. At least I didn't have to get a hotel this time. Next time I'll be staying at the Anaheim Plaza for 3 nights so my daughter and I don't have to try to drive down from Covina on a weekday morning. Cha-ching!

Great weekend and I'm VERY glad I did it!
                        Last edited by dshimel; 05-16-2005, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Jesse_Crawford, I'm sorry you felt left out. Where were you standing, was this around 2:30 when the entire group showed up?

With a large group like that it is hard to know who knows who; I know I felt like that before, but I just started introducing myself. I can't rely on strangers who might be wonderfully friendly to know that I need them to say hello to me first. I guess sometimes we have to be our own cruise-director and break the ice ourselves. But trust me, once you say hello everyone is very, very friendly.

Comment

I actually never met speederscout personally, but knew who he was, and found out he is quite friendly and personalble! Just walk around and introduce yourself with your screen name, that seems to work, since we kinda all know each other anyway! Sorry I didn't meet you, but would have loved to!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                              Jesse_Crawford, I'm sorry you felt left out. Where were you standing, was this around 2:30 when the entire group showed up?

With a large group like that it is hard to know who knows who; I know I felt like that before, but I just started introducing myself. I can't rely on strangers who might be wonderfully friendly to know that I need them to say hello to me first. I guess sometimes we have to be our own cruise-director and break the ice ourselves. But trust me, once you say hello everyone is very, very friendly.
                              I agree, everybody was very friendly. It was so hard to keep everybody's names straight, and I felt like I spent more time trying to figure out who was who than I did getting to know anyone. But I'm a little less outgoing than most, so I'm sure my natural tendency toward shyness kept me from that as well.
                              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl
                                I agree, everybody was very friendly. It was so hard to keep everybody's names straight, and I felt like I spent more time trying to figure out who was who than I did getting to know anyone. But I'm a little less outgoing than most, so I'm sure my natural tendency toward shyness kept me from that as well.

Once you go to a meet or two you'll get used to everyone!!! I mean their names and all. What's crazy is trying to keep user names and real names straight.
                                Katie :yea:
                                Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Note to organizer... (whoever you may be )

Sounds like next time you should bring along some of those sticky name tags for screen/real names. As I am fond of saying, you can't tell the players without a program..

Sounds like everone had a good time.
                                  "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Good idea! Hopefully by next time the micechat nametags with have materialized, but that would solve the getting to know each other problem
                                    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                                    Help support the site you love:
                                    -Visit the MiceChat store
                                    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                                    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Disneykat when i come visit in aug we have to meat before everyone so i don't feel lost, cus i wanna meet all you fabulous peepole and hang out maybe make a boat sink
                                      ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                                        I can't rely on strangers who might be wonderfully friendly to know that I need them to say hello to me first. I guess sometimes we have to be our own cruise-director and break the ice ourselves. But trust me, once you say hello everyone is very, very friendly.
                                        Here, here, SS!

I'm bummed to hear that some people felt slighted by the group. I can say for myself and Cuzco that it certainly wasn't intentional (Borneio, we were trying to get over to join you for the parade, but we couldn't make it through the throng of people!)

The first part of the meet was very reminiscent of a jr. high school dance... but I think that's just what happens when you round up a bunch of introverts. Props to Disneyphile and Ortizmo for breaking everyone out of their shells! I'm sure you did Dramaqueen, our phantom organizer, very proud!
                                        "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by E-ticket
                                          The first part of the meet was very reminiscent of a jr. high school dance... but I think that's just what happens when you round up a bunch of introverts. Props to Disneyphile and Ortizmo for breaking everyone out of their shells! I'm sure you did Dramaqueen, our phantom organizer, very proud!
                                          That's exactly what I thought, E-ticket. When we were all standing by Snow White's Wishing Well and everyone was just kind of hanging back, I thought, "Wow, this is like every seventh and eighth grade dance I ever attended!" :lol:
                                          Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X