Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones back to the awesome jerky movements!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robotpirates
    like the McDonald's lady who didn't know her coffee was hot.
    Oh I'd be happy to discuss that one in the Litter Box with you because, while the lady was stupid to put that coffee in her lap. McD's had no business selling coffee *so* hot that if it *did* spill on someone (somehow, someway), it would give them third degree burns. McD's deserved to be sued on that one. Imagine if the woman had just spilled it on herself because someone carelessly bumpee into her and she got those burns? Would people say the burns were her fault?

Comment

Originally posted by robotpirates
      People need to stop suing over stupid things, like the McDonald's lady who didn't know her coffee was hot.
      It's not that she didn't know the coffee was hot, it's that the coffee was 50 degrees hotter than was safe to drink, i.e., ridiculously hot, hot enough to give major burns.
      "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
      -
      "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
      -
      "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
      -
      Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

The McDonald's lady was correct to sue. It is wrong that McDonald's had the coffee hot enough to give her second degree burns. That's just ridiculous, I'm sorry.
        Member of the Disney Class of 2005
        Disneyland CM for 4 years.
        May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I dont think that the skeletons have been working for a while... I too noticed that the ride was a lot less fun and I am glad to hear that the stair effect if fixed...
          -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
          Shines in the night for you
          To tell you that the dreams you plan
          Really can come true

Comment

I am sooooooooooo looking forward to riding it again!!!! Thanks for the update! :bow:

Comment

Can't wait to get on in July - It will almost be like getting on a new ride. More bumpy is bettery~! YEAH!

Comment

Oh I also have some other great news, the spike room is working again.

Comment

Originally posted by MiceMan
                  Stairs!?!?!? There's stairs!?!?!?! Oh thats just NOT good .... how could I not know this?
                  OK. After you enter the first chamber, do a left, see indy and swirv around him. The Jeep will slow down, point down and thud thud thud thud thud and then level out and head for the bridge where it makes a sharp left. Thats the stairs. Check it out next time your on. I FELT them on opening day and they are there, I swear it! About 5 steps. But since it was dulled down over the years, if felt more like a lumpy slope then stairs.

Comment

There should be no need for Disney to tone it down if they have signs ALL over the place saying it is a bumpy ride.

This is good news to hear. I can't remember what it was like when it first opened because I was too short to ride, but even I could say that it *could* have been a little rougher on my past few rides. Good news its much more random again as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage
                      OK. After you enter the first chamber, do a left, see indy and swirv around him. The Jeep will slow down, point down and thud thud thud thud thud and then level out and head for the bridge where it makes a sharp left. Thats the stairs. Check it out next time your on. I FELT them on opening day and they are there, I swear it! About 5 steps. But since it was dulled down over the years, if felt more like a lumpy slope then stairs.
                      You are correct... when you first see the eyes of mara those could be steps your going up... but I am positive gibbage is right. I was reading this whole thread just to make sure someone corrected it because if not... oh god I can't even think of what could of happened.
                      (insert funny comment here)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Remus
                        You are correct... when you first see the eyes of mara those could be steps your going up... but I am positive gibbage is right. I was reading this whole thread just to make sure someone corrected it because if not... oh god I can't even think of what could of happened.
                        My wife and I LOVE Indy. I was there in a 2.5 hour wait on opening day that reached mainstreet. Gotta go every time we are there! Not many people know about the falling rats section! The ride is so random, features are also random if they work or not. The falling rats are turned on like MAYBE 1 out of every 10 times I have ridden the ride. Last Sunday they where on without the smoke, so it was just nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by melmel
                          The McDonald's lady was correct to sue. It is wrong that McDonald's had the coffee hot enough to give her second degree burns. That's just ridiculous, I'm sorry.
                          I disagree...the coffee has to be kept at a certain temperature to be OK'd by the FAA. It wasn't McDonalds fault that she spilled it and didn't get it off herself in time to deflect injury. Both hot tea and hot soup at ANY restaurant will be served at a temperature that can cause burning if you hold it aginst your skin long enough. Fine Mexican restaurants (like the DELICIOUS "Javier's" restaurant in Irvine) also often heat their plates to a near SCALDING temperature...I could EASILY burn myself very badly if I hold my finger to one of their plates for 5-10 seconds, but I'm not that supid (thankfully). My $0.02.
                          -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                          -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                          --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Originally posted by AP2CM
                            I disagree...the coffee has to be kept at a certain temperature to be OK'd by the FAA. It wasn't McDonalds fault that she spilled it and didn't get it off herself in time to deflect injury. Both hot tea and hot soup at ANY restaurant will be served at a temperature that can cause burning if you hold it aginst your skin long enough. Fine Mexican restaurants (like the DELICIOUS "Javier's" restaurant in Irvine) also often heat their plates to a near SCALDING temperature...I could EASILY burn myself very badly if I hold my finger to one of their plates for 5-10 seconds, but I'm not that supid (thankfully). My $0.02.
                            I heard it burned her...... "lap" so badly, she lost the ability to have children. That was why she got so much money. But they dont talk about THAT part of the suit.

Comment

From what I have read, McDonald's had been told years before by their coffee suppliers that their coffee was being heated past the optimum temp for the coffee's flavor. Their response was that they couldn't do anything about it because their coffee makers' temperature controls were preset and couldn't be adjusted. The jury used this fact when determining their award. I also understand, that they reduced the size of the plaintiff's award because of her carelessness.

Comment

Anyone know what is wrong with the main skellington animatronic? Also are the fans working at all or are they still broken?

Comment

Im too excited to read through this whole thread...so is it Confirmed that Indiana Jones is back to its original glory?????? This will make me so happy.

Comment

I was wondering if the did in fact tone down Indy! Thanks for confirming it and YES, it is good news. I always THOUGHT it was a lot rougher then the past few rides. Like the stairs part going into the bridge chamber rattled my bones on opening day, but in recent years you hardly notice they are supposed to be stairs!
                                    You are going down stairs????

Comment

i'v always knew the stairs where there. i have a tendensy to look up or look at the round on rides, but i could never figure out if the staird where just painted on the ground or are they real stairs!!!
                                      pshhh i guess

Comment

My wife and I LOVE Indy. I was there in a 2.5 hour wait on opening day that reached mainstreet. Gotta go every time we are there! Not many people know about the falling rats section! The ride is so random, features are also random if they work or not. The falling rats are turned on like MAYBE 1 out of every 10 times I have ridden the ride. Last Sunday they where on without the smoke, so it was just nothing.
                                        The problem with the rats is that it relies on smoke to be able to see it, but since so many jeeps go through it so quickly, the smoke never comes back in time to make the effect clear. When you go on the ride early in the morning, it is easy to see the effect because not many jeeps have gone through it. Also when it stops in the dark sometimes, you'll notice that the rats are a bit more clear.

Comment

I thought Indy seemed more bumpy again as well!

It was two years ago since I last rode it, and last week it seemed like when it opened. I remember one year I wrenched my neck because I had tried to look around when the car swerved and jerked around. After that, I was careful to look straight ahead. Then in recent years I noticed I could look all around during the ride, without jerking at all. You are so right, it is much more fun again! We went through all three doors last week, and the smoke and fire was shooting out of Mara's eyes, and I saw the rats on the last day. The changing program is noticably back as well. I love Indy!
                                          Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X