Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones back to the awesome jerky movements!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treat
    I've always known the stairs were there. I have a tendency to look up or look at the ground on rides, but I could never figure out if the stairs were just painted on the ground or if they are real stairs!!!
    The jeep's wheels are always on a smooth surface. It is the top half of the jeep that does all of the effects, such as the jeep drop by the gates of doom, the stairs, and the massive swerves around corners. If you were to ride Indy with the jeep's FX mechanics out of order, it would be the smoothest ride ever.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage
      OK. After you enter the first chamber, do a left, see indy and swirv around him. The Jeep will slow down, point down and thud thud thud thud thud and then level out and head for the bridge where it makes a sharp left. Thats the stairs. Check it out next time your on. I FELT them on opening day and they are there, I swear it! About 5 steps. But since it was dulled down over the years, if felt more like a lumpy slope then stairs.
      Yes. Hasn't anyone ever heard the first Indy AA ever say to them, "Be careful! There's some BIG steps in there!?" I know I have many times. They're part of the "...left passage! It's the only way out!" Hooray for stairs!
      My finger points.

Comment

Hey anybody know how long these changes have been in place? I was there April 13-14, was it still toned down then? I can't remember the original Indy, so I'm not sure what to compare it to

Comment

Originally posted by grvtydefy
          Hey anybody know how long these changes have been in place? I was there April 13-14, was it still toned down then? I can't remember the original Indy, so I'm not sure what to compare it to
          They did this sometime last week, that is why you did not feel it because it wasn't changed yet. This was yet another surprise they had in store for the AP's for the anniversary along with POTC, Jungle Cruise, and HM. Who wants to take a guess what else they may do to other attractions or to POTC when it opens.

Im too excited to read through this whole thread...so is it Confirmed that Indiana Jones is back to its original glory?????? This will make me so happy.
          And yes this has been confirmed. I have gone on it now 3 times and it was different everytime and was WAY better.

Comment

I think i remember this when Indy opened: Mara(in the Hall of Promise) his eyes lite up the color of the chamber you when in(gold,purple,blue). Was I dreaming or did that effect really exist, if not I think they should do it
            pshhh i guess

Comment

Where's the hall of promise?

This is GREAT news. That just made my night, Indy was so toned down that it ruined the ride. I remember the first time I rode it, that wrenching left turn at the begining was so fast and rough, last month it seemed like taking an ordinary left, boring, slow, turn. Once again, this is great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                Where's the hall of promise?
                I assume this the hall with the doors?
                Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

I think i remember this when Indy opened: Mara(in the Hall of Promise) his eyes lite up the color of the chamber you when in(gold,purple,blue). Was I dreaming or did that effect really exist, if not I think they should do it
                  If you are talking about the idle above each of the 3 doors then yes they each light up a different color and they also fixed this effect.

You know what would take the cake on this ride for upgrades? If they were to fix the ice machine that would be the best gift they could ever give us.

Comment

Nooo im talking about the big room after the 3 doors before the gates of doom. I v always remember Mara's eyes would light up in color

BTW does any know how much each Transport cost. Science project :confused:
                    pshhh i guess

Comment

Nooo im talking about the big room after the 3 doors before the gates of doom. I v always remember Mara's eyes would light up in color

BTW does any know how much each Transport cost. Science project :confused:
                      The eye always glowed orange, but the whole room was colored blue, purple, and gold. Each transport costs about 1 million each.

Comment

Each transport costs about 1 million dollars each?!?? Documentation (source material) please...

Comment

is this a new ride?

smoke, stairs, skeleton AA's, flaming eyes, randomness. . . i don't think i have ridden this version of indy ever. are you sure we are talking about the same ride? i also could never understand what indy was saying, especially at the end. or the beginning.
                          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                            Each transport costs about 1 million dollars each?!?? Documentation (source material) please...
                            I'm kinda skeptical too. I've heard that the ride vehicles for the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure were about $250,000 each. If the Indy jeeps cost 4x more, then Disney got seriously screwed.
                            The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by mrmainstreet
                              I'm kinda skeptical too. I've heard that the ride vehicles for the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure were about $250,000 each. If the Indy jeeps cost 4x more, then Disney got seriously screwed.
                              Yeah, but how much older is Indy? You have to take into the cost that they designed these transports themselved ... that right there would bloat the price im sure.
                              Originally posted by drunkmom
                              this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

are they as advanced as Test Track's cars? Cuz those cost $1m each, but they all have massive on-board computers that run everything.
                                -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

I watched a show on tv on the travel channel that was doing it on Disneyland and they quoted the 1 million dollar cars. The ride is over 120 million dollars and that figure seems correct especially Indy was a first of its kind and was designed by Disney. And from what I heard is that they are just as advanced as test tracks cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                                    I watched a show on tv on the travel channel that was doing it on Disneyland and they quoted the 1 million dollar cars. The ride is over 120 million dollars and that figure seems correct especially Indy was a first of its kind and was designed by Disney. And from what I heard is that they are just as advanced as test tracks cars.
                                    Im guessing a large portion of that was just in the use of the Indy trademark! That stuff aint cheep! Same thing for Star Tours.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage
                                      Im guessing a large portion of that was just in the use of the Indy trademark! That stuff aint cheep! Same thing for Star Tours.
                                      That is true but I wouldn't quite say it was ultra expensive because I know that Lucas wanted the ride to give the feeling like you were in one of his movies. That is why he had all his artists paint brick by brick and everything else. Disney basically developed the car and the animatronics but everything else was done by Lucas's personal artists. I think that he tried to keep the costs down to invest the money into the ride itself instead of asking for a ton of rights money from Disney.

Comment

As an ex Indy CM I can tell you with a degree of certainty that yes..the ride was toned down after people filed lawsuits for different things among them shaking brain tumors loose and bumps and bruises. This is why the hand hold on the back of the seats were added shortly after opening day. It appears that the staute of limitations has run out on those law suits and the ride is back to it's formal glory. I'll be there on Memorial Day...oh god help me.
                                        :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanSkippa
                                          As an ex Indy CM I can tell you with a degree of certainty that yes..the ride was toned down after people filed lawsuits for different things among them shaking brain tumors loose and bumps and bruises. This is why the hand hold on the back of the seats were added shortly after opening day. It appears that the staute of limitations has run out on those law suits and the ride is back to it's formal glory. I'll be there on Memorial Day...oh god help me.
                                          SEE I knew I they changed it back!!! I hate lawsuits they are the worst things in our PC country.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X