Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones back to the awesome jerky movements!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan-500
    Change is so good Gotta love rough and jerky! :love:
    Yeah like it was meant to be. I really cannot believe how Indy is working now with most of its effects working and the thrill of the attraction working perfectly. I truly missed how random the ride was when it first opened and now we have it back.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    Change is so good Gotta love rough and jerky! :love:

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I have, however, noted a recent reversal of a lot of these PC decisions of the 90s, both in- and outside of Disneyland, which I think is encouraging.
    I sure hope so, I hate politically correct people. Its the likes of those people that ruin everything else for 99.9 percent of the population. I still have cringes going past the scene they changed on pirates.

Leave a comment:

• pyrateslife4me84
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyfreak
    SEE I knew I they changed it back!!! I hate lawsuits they are the worst things in our PC country.
    I have, however, noted a recent reversal of a lot of these PC decisions of the 90s, both in- and outside of Disneyland, which I think is encouraging.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by TrojanSkippa
    As an ex Indy CM I can tell you with a degree of certainty that yes..the ride was toned down after people filed lawsuits for different things among them shaking brain tumors loose and bumps and bruises. This is why the hand hold on the back of the seats were added shortly after opening day. It appears that the staute of limitations has run out on those law suits and the ride is back to it's formal glory. I'll be there on Memorial Day...oh god help me.
    SEE I knew I they changed it back!!! I hate lawsuits they are the worst things in our PC country.

Leave a comment:

• TrojanSkippa
    replied
    As an ex Indy CM I can tell you with a degree of certainty that yes..the ride was toned down after people filed lawsuits for different things among them shaking brain tumors loose and bumps and bruises. This is why the hand hold on the back of the seats were added shortly after opening day. It appears that the staute of limitations has run out on those law suits and the ride is back to it's formal glory. I'll be there on Memorial Day...oh god help me.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by gibbage
    Im guessing a large portion of that was just in the use of the Indy trademark! That stuff aint cheep! Same thing for Star Tours.
    That is true but I wouldn't quite say it was ultra expensive because I know that Lucas wanted the ride to give the feeling like you were in one of his movies. That is why he had all his artists paint brick by brick and everything else. Disney basically developed the car and the animatronics but everything else was done by Lucas's personal artists. I think that he tried to keep the costs down to invest the money into the ride itself instead of asking for a ton of rights money from Disney.

Leave a comment:

• gibbage
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyfreak
    I watched a show on tv on the travel channel that was doing it on Disneyland and they quoted the 1 million dollar cars. The ride is over 120 million dollars and that figure seems correct especially Indy was a first of its kind and was designed by Disney. And from what I heard is that they are just as advanced as test tracks cars.
    Im guessing a large portion of that was just in the use of the Indy trademark! That stuff aint cheep! Same thing for Star Tours.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    I watched a show on tv on the travel channel that was doing it on Disneyland and they quoted the 1 million dollar cars. The ride is over 120 million dollars and that figure seems correct especially Indy was a first of its kind and was designed by Disney. And from what I heard is that they are just as advanced as test tracks cars.

Leave a comment:

• pyrateslife4me84
    replied
    are they as advanced as Test Track's cars? Cuz those cost $1m each, but they all have massive on-board computers that run everything.

Leave a comment:

• MiceMan
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmainstreet
    I'm kinda skeptical too. I've heard that the ride vehicles for the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure were about $250,000 each. If the Indy jeeps cost 4x more, then Disney got seriously screwed.
    Yeah, but how much older is Indy? You have to take into the cost that they designed these transports themselved ... that right there would bloat the price im sure.

Leave a comment:

• mrmainstreet
    replied
    Originally posted by speederscout
    Each transport costs about 1 million dollars each?!?? Documentation (source material) please...
    I'm kinda skeptical too. I've heard that the ride vehicles for the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure were about $250,000 each. If the Indy jeeps cost 4x more, then Disney got seriously screwed.

Leave a comment:

• Fantasmico!
    replied
    is this a new ride?

smoke, stairs, skeleton AA's, flaming eyes, randomness. . . i don't think i have ridden this version of indy ever. are you sure we are talking about the same ride? i also could never understand what indy was saying, especially at the end. or the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• speederscout
    replied
    Each transport costs about 1 million dollars each?!?? Documentation (source material) please...

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Treat
    Nooo im talking about the big room after the 3 doors before the gates of doom. I v always remember Mara's eyes would light up in color

BTW does any know how much each Transport cost. Science project :confused:
    The eye always glowed orange, but the whole room was colored blue, purple, and gold. Each transport costs about 1 million each.

Leave a comment:

• Treat
    replied
    Nooo im talking about the big room after the 3 doors before the gates of doom. I v always remember Mara's eyes would light up in color

BTW does any know how much each Transport cost. Science project :confused:

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Treat
    I think i remember this when Indy opened: Mara(in the Hall of Promise) his eyes lite up the color of the chamber you when in(gold,purple,blue). Was I dreaming or did that effect really exist, if not I think they should do it
    If you are talking about the idle above each of the 3 doors then yes they each light up a different color and they also fixed this effect.

You know what would take the cake on this ride for upgrades? If they were to fix the ice machine that would be the best gift they could ever give us.

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Where's the hall of promise?
    I assume this the hall with the doors?

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied
    Where's the hall of promise?

This is GREAT news. That just made my night, Indy was so toned down that it ruined the ride. I remember the first time I rode it, that wrenching left turn at the begining was so fast and rough, last month it seemed like taking an ordinary left, boring, slow, turn. Once again, this is great news.

Leave a comment:

• Treat
    replied
    I think i remember this when Indy opened: Mara(in the Hall of Promise) his eyes lite up the color of the chamber you when in(gold,purple,blue). Was I dreaming or did that effect really exist, if not I think they should do it

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X