This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL Secrets Thread

Ok people, time to disclose all the secrets and trivial information that you have about DL. This is probably my altime favorite subject having to do with Disney. I like to see what other people have found out. Let me start....

....At the end of the Pinocchio (sp?) ride in fantasyland, if you look back to your right when your passing Pinocchio and Gippeto (sp??), you can see the AA that is used for the peppers ghost effect for the fairy. (i'm sure everyone knows that one...but i couldn't think of anything else right now)

Well, not too secret but the organ in the ballroom at Haunted Mansion was from the film "20,000 Leagues under the Sea."

Also in the ballroom, a hidden Mickey is formed by the position of plates on one of the table settings at the dining table. It's near the right side on the front row.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Comment

on indiana jones...when your in line in the room where they are showing you the video. If you look on the wall to your left there is a hidden mickey. Look hard, its cool once you find it because of the cool lighting effects that they used.

Comment

i forgot to mention that kevin Yee's book has some pretty interesting facts in it too.....i just got it and it was pretty interesting

Comment

In the floor of the Castle If you look you will see a gold circle in the floor.
          This is a golden (railroad) spike that Walt placed in the exact geographical center of the park (in 1955 before expansions, NOS, toontown, etc)
          Why a Railroad spike? Because Walt loved collecting Railroad models.
          procrastibating

Comment

also on the indiana jones ride in the room where they show the video. if u look towards the back wall where they have the projector you can see one of the old signs from the parking lot. you have to look hard enough and you have to have good lighting, but you can see the Eeyore sign.
            "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

Comment

ooo I am all ears on this topic - keep them comming
              boo

Comment

On Indiana Jones, once you go past Indy for the first time and make the left into the first room with skeletons, crane your neck (be careful!) back hard to the left. There you'll get a fleeting glimpse of a full figure skeleton wearing a Disneyland Mickey Mouse hat!
                Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

While we're talking about the Indiana Jones ride, does anyone remember when it first opened, and as you pass the first Indiana Jones, there was an ice machine up in the rafters. It would push out crushed ice to make it look as though rock particals were falling.

Comment

In the Matterhorn there is a half sized basketball court.

Comment

The G2 Droids in Star Tours were originally Geese from America Sings. Hence the G(Goose)

Comment

Back to Indy....I think I read somewhere--in the room with the large boulder, the jeep doesn't really back up, the walls move forward and the jeep shakes to create that illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald
                          While we're talking about the Indiana Jones ride, does anyone remember when it first opened, and as you pass the first Indiana Jones, there was an ice machine up in the rafters. It would push out crushed ice to make it look as though rock particals were falling.
                          If I remember correctly, the mechanism does not work. The way that the unit was welded to the roof of the Indy show building, it was going to be hard to take it down to replace it. So, the effect just isn't used.
                          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

On Indiana Jones there is a Motorboat Cruise steering wheel on one of the jeeps.

Comment

you guys should seriously read kevin yee's book.....i can put in things but I feel guilty for taking them from the book

Comment

Here is a little known secret about Disneyland...If you jump off of the Mark Twain Riverboat right when you are passing the burning cabin to your starboard, the water there is 13 and a half feet deep. If you can hold your breath and don't have bad sinuses...swim down to the bottom and under the cement shelf. You will then swim back up to the surface on the other side of the shelf and will end up in.....DISNEYLAND 2!
                                Good Luck!
                                Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

Some of the bots in Star Tours are dogs also. Also in star tours in the scene where you went the wrong way you can see a microscope from Adventures thru innerspace.

Comment

sad thing is, some people will probably try that now.

Comment

Club 33 Has the Only "Hidden Roy" in any Disney Theme Park. In the trophy room is artwork by Emile Kuri of the rooms design. In the picture is a group of men playing cards including Emile and Roy O. Disney. (Walt's Brother)

Comment

New Orleans Square was originally going to have a Jazz Club open to the public on the second floor. Its entrance was at the top of the curving staircase in the Court of Angeles and to the left. The parquet floor was laid down but the club never came to be... It is used as a break area for the area musicians...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X