Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

I have an opportunity to buy a club 33 glass, is it worth it?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an opportunity to buy a club 33 glass, is it worth it?

I have a chance to buy an exclusive club 33 glass that only members can get. I can get it for $50, is it worth it?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Re: I have an opportunity to buy a club 33 glass, is it worth it?

personally i think its a lot.

as much as i would love to own a Club 33 souviner, my husband and i both agree it would be a bit meaningless if we got something without having actually been there. Its kind of part of the specialness of getting the oppurtunity to dine there, so we're not going to buy anything from there until we can do it ourselves after a fabulous meal.

Cross your fingers for me! i've got 4.5 years to find a way to take my husband there as a surprise for his 40th birthday i'm not giving up hope!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I would say no..it's just a glass...not crystal..right?

Comment

Well whatever only members of the club 33 get. Could be crysta
        l

Comment

What kind of glass is it. I have a pint beer glass, I think there were other kinds, too.
          Mike

Comment

That's a personal decision only you can make. Finances and desire are two things to factor in. Plus the collectability/exclusiveness of it. As far as the quality of the item goes, we all know that once you label something (whether it is Club 33, DL, or ANY logo item) the price (and maybe value) go up instantly, without regards to the actual quality of the item.

If that is the member price for it, I'm sure you can get more than that for it on eBay... (maybe get two and sell one, thereby lowering your cost of the one that you keep).

Good luck!

Comment

It isn't something you can find at the Emplorium on the way out!:blush:
              Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
              "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
              -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
              -August 2nd 2010

Comment

50 bucks?! I bought the Club33 beer glass myself in the club for $15 a few months ago. What kind of glass is it that it's 50 bucks?!?
                Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

is it wrong to ask those who go to club 33 to get club 33 items for them? I would like a club 33 pin, I know I will never be able to go there, I would love to have one.

Comment

I'll post a link or picture of it to further clarify

Comment

basically it's what you feel it's worth. I know people who spent over $100.00 on a beanie baby during the craze. the thing retailed for $5.99,,,I wouldn't do it, but ti was worth it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                        is it wrong to ask those who go to club 33 to get club 33 items for them? I would like a club 33 pin, I know I will never be able to go there, I would love to have one.
                        Karla,
                        Never, ever, say never!

Regarding "The Glass": I don't know if the price is reasonable or not. You can check ebay's closed auctions (if you have an ebay acccount) and maybe find a facsimile of the glass you're interested in buying to get an idea of it's value.

Originally posted by elly
                        ...as much as i would love to own a Club 33 souviner, my husband and i both agree it would be a bit meaningless if we got something without having actually been there. Its kind of part of the specialness of getting the oppurtunity to dine there, so we're not going to buy anything from there until we can do it ourselves after a fabulous meal.
                        I concur. Now that I have been fortunate enough to visit Club 33, I am now free to purchase Club 33 souvenirs with abandon.
                        I found a really nice leather wine tote on ebay from Club 33 and I got it for $76, which I thought was a steal.

Then on Friday, I went to my customers house (she has access to Club 33 thru an aquaintance in Arizona), when I got there, she wasn't home, but her mom hands me a bag and say's "Patrice wants you to have this". I open the bag and it's a pair of Club 33 mouse ears! I was stoked!!
                        Inside the bag is a note that said, "Now that you've been to Club 33, I thought you should have these, Patrice." I can't tell you how much I appreciated those ears, bcause when we viited Club 33, the selection of merchandise was pretty weak.
                        Charlie :wave:
                        MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                          Great photo!

Ooooh. Mouseketeer 3D Jamboree attraction poster. One of the rarest. I've got an original slikscreened one that was used in the Park...little tattered around the edges, but in pretty good shape. Is that a repo? If it's not and it's an original...please send me the code for that alarm box on the wall...so I can do a little "Midnight Requisition" job.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                            Great photo!

Ooooh. Mouseketeer 3D Jamboree attraction poster. One of the rarest. I've got an original slikscreened one that was used in the Park...little tattered around the edges, but in pretty good shape. Is that a repo? If it's not and it's an original...please send me the code for that alarm box on the wall...so I can do a little "Midnight Requisition" job.

Oh yeah, it's an original. So is the Space Station X-1 and the Subs poster (the General Dynamics version at that!), I've got 15 up where I can see 'em. I like to see some of my investment portfolio when I wake up in the morning... not just in a report from my broker!
                            Charlie :wave:
                            MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                              I like to see some of my investment portfolio when I wake up in the morning... not just in a report from my broker!
                              Ha!

Wish I had "invested" less in limited-edition merchandise that was created to be collectable...and more in genuine Park fixtures and items like original attraction posters. Most of my numbered limited-edition stuff has gone way down in value over the years...dragging down my overall "investment portfolio."

I was such a sucker for all that numbered limited edition stuff. They really hooked me. What was I thinking? Pratically can't give the stuff away today. Unless I manage to find some new inexperienced/uninformed sucker.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X