• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DL_CRAZE
    Waiting 4 DCA Demolition
    • Mar 2005

Hollywood Pictures Backlot: A Studio on the Move

Hollywood Pictures Backlot has changed time and time again over it's last four and a half years. It is much like the Tomorrowland of Disneyland.

Hyperion Theater: Disney's Steps in Time--Power of Blast--Disney's Aladdin

Disney Animation: Screening Room: Back to Neverland--One Man's Dream-- Turtle Talk

ABC Soap Opera Bistro--Playhouse Disney Live On Stage

Superstar Limo--Monsters INC. Mike and Sully to the Rescue

Hollywood Backlot Stage: Lights, Camera, Chaos!--Goofy's Beach Party Bash--D.U.H. Improvisational Comedy

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror opened in 2004 and Who Wants to be a Millionaire closed in 2004.

It seems that Jim Henson's Muppet-Vision 3D is the only attraction that has not been touched sinced opening day.

What new attractions do you think should be added to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and which attractions should be the ones to be replaced to make way for them?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

A Rockin' Roller coaster would be nice. You could tie in a California theme(that is so desperatley needed) very easily. It would like DCA's Space Mountain seeing that it's inside and all. Hmmmm...I can't think of many other things though....

Comment

• Monkey joe
      • Apr 2005

More Muppets is always good, especially The Great Muppet Movie Ride. :bow:
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

• Disney Vault
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Monkey joe
        I would rather have the great Disney movie ride. It could go through all the great Disney animated movies.

Comment

• Ghostbuster626
          Banned User
          • Jan 2005

The Great Muppet Movie Ride would SAVE DCA. I say bring it on.

Comment

• JordanB
            Lurker Extraordinaire!
            • May 2005

bring the indiana jones show from wdw! and rockin rollercoaster too

Comment

• Druggas
              Hooterville, USA
              • Feb 2005

Close DCA, and reopen as Neverland. That's the theme, now go get um. Hurry before Michael Jackson ruins the name!
              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                MiceChatter
                • Feb 2005

Good analogy, except one thing.

In the 80's Tomorrowland IMO was the best land at Disneyland. HPB has never been the best land at DCA, but it does have the most potential IMO.

Comment

• Treat
                  • Apr 2005

would RRC fit
                  pshhh i guess

Comment

• eyes_of_mara
                    OM NOM NOM
                    • Feb 2005

As much as I adore the muppets, I think that something better could, nay, should be there in its place. Don't get me wrong, it would suck to have that great show removed ("What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"). No other experience at DCA has so much theming packed into so small an area. However, my love for Disneyland's retarded younger sibling exceeds my desire to keep an underloved attraction in its home.
                    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

• DL_CRAZE
                      Waiting 4 DCA Demolition
                      • Mar 2005

Well, all the space that's left is The Hollywood & Dine along with the water tower and coca cola set drive-in right beside it and the Who Wants to be a Millioaire stage is not being used as well. The Hollywood Backlot stage is just a big waste of space and should be removed for more walk around space in HPB. I would doubt that there is enough space to put in a Rock n' Roller Coaster attraction.
                      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                      __________________________________________________________

Comment

• ModHatter
                        Minion
                        • Jan 2005

Please, no more clones. And no more cheapthrill rides. So, really, especially no cloned cheapthrill rides. Just say No to RnRC.

Here's a concept I've been playing around with:

In short, since this is Disney's California Adventure, I think it'd be great to turn HPB into a fantasy version of Disney Studios, c. 1955. The Animation building would get a cosmetic makeover, the Stage would just come out, and the area would feature Disney animated features and shorts, nature documentaries, live-action features, and television of the period. A "studio gate" would separate the Back Lot from Hollywoodland and the ToT area. With a clever facade, the current Hyperion can be themed to the backlot, but a new indoor queue would be themed to, say, the El Capitan, or keeping the outdoor queue premise, base it on the forecourt of the Egyptian.
                        See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                        78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

• Jspider
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Treat
                          would RRC fit

RnRC should be in the LA expansion I say http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=271

now I would say that if they could the Great Movie ride would be terrific (perhaps once the tram unload for Timon has no purpose they can build the showbuilding there it's quite a large area) I'd say to update the Movie ride with more classical films and replacing unpopular scenes (and we need Star Wars how a bout a lightsaber dual between Vader and Luke or Vader going "Luke I AM your father" )
                          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                            MiceChatter
                            • Feb 2005

Yeah, but if RRC was in LA wouldn't it then be a slow moving dark ride???

They could still expand HPB. It could be partly expanded into Timon, with a small area going behind bugs and into the Parking lot using a Sunset Strip type of facade, with some restaurants and stages, etc. Maybe a Backlot of the Backlot.

Not ALL of Timon mind you, but a quarter of it to add RRC and a few other things. I'm still hoping for an expansion on the wharf theme with a new E-ticket and also a Silicon Valley themed area.

Comment

• Jspider
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                              Yeah, but if RRC was in LA wouldn't it then be a slow moving dark ride???

They could still expand HPB. It could be partly expanded into Timon, with a small area going behind bugs and into the Parking lot using a Sunset Strip type of facade, with some restaurants and stages, etc. Maybe a Backlot of the Backlot.

Not ALL of Timon mind you, but a quarter of it to add RRC and a few other things. I'm still hoping for an expansion on the wharf theme with a new E-ticket and also a Silicon Valley themed area.
                              the backlot shouldn't expand out past ToT that just wouldn't make any since (so you leave the backlot see a real hotel and then go back to more backlot?)

backlot should stay were it is

and I'm guessing your referncing the insane traffic in LA? RnRC is about a ride through LA anyways I believe (racing to a concert?)

so yeah if you read my LA expansion (though you probably already have) you'll get the drift of what I'm talking about

I'd like to have a western ghosttown beyond a san deigo type expansion of the warf perhaps

but that's just me
                              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• swagdaddy
                                Baybeh!
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Monkey joe
                                YES!
                                www.deliciousmayhem.net
                                www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X