X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached To Starcade??

From The Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Here is a poll I was thinking about today. I personally have never liked the Starcade area. It is just an arcade that anyone could go to out side of DL. I feel the space could be better used. Why pay the steep price to enter and then spend part of that time at an arcade? Walt went to all this trouble to plan attractions for the whole family to experience, rather than have a place for the kids to have fun while the parents sit down and wait for them to finish. With the uncertainty of HISTA, the upper area of Starcade closed and the area for the arcade below, there is a lot of space that could be better used. A couple options come to mind:

-Put in a nice 2 story restaurant either themed like the City of Naboo (since Star Tours might be updated), or make it look something like the Dinning Room on the Enterprise from Star Trek Next Generation, complete with stars moving outside of the windows at light speed.(I know it is the Starship moving, not the stars). The area could have the same feel as when you go into The Blue Bayou with moon and the night sky above. Having a nice glass elevator would be cool looking too.
    -Put in an "D/E" ticket ride simular to Journey Through Inner Space (Doom Buggy Technology). Call it Journey Through Outer Space? hehehehe!
    -Use the Bears from Critter Country as "BEARS IN SPACE!" (Remember the Muppets, Pigs in Space?) Also, before you say bears won't fit in TL, remember there use to be ducks, and other farm animals in America Sings!
    -Use the area as the back side of Edison Square. Have a new attraction for Main Street that uses this area from the alley in Main Street.
    -???
    Put in a nice 2 story "Spaceport" restuarant
    20.00%
    Update video games on both levels
    16.47%
    Convert area, incld. HISTA to a D/E ticket attraction
    47.06%
    Leave it alone, guests need their "video fix," even at DL
    3.53%
    Other (please post)
    12.94%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Liquidspaceman; 05-16-2005, 07:21 PM.
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

Great idea, I love the idea of a (hopefully, upscale) space themed restaurant in Tomorrowland. With a video game console conected to every kids tv, the last thing they need to do in Disneyland is play video games.
    However, eating good food is always pleasant

P.S. Can I get wine with that entree'? :lol:
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Comment

I meant to add that whatever goes in there, it should also be designed around the PM, so people get a teaser while riding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama
        Great idea, I love the idea of a (hopefully, upscale) space themed restaurant in Tomorrowland. With a video game console conected to every kids tv, the last thing they need to do in Disneyland is play video games.
        However, eating good food is always pleasant

P.S. Can I get wine with that entree'? :lol:
        You know Circarama, that parents get WHINE right now at the Starcade :lol:

Comment

I picked Other:

I think 2 things need to happen. The bottom floor should have all of the latest games for today's generation. The top floor should have all 'retro' games for my generation. While all of the young punks are down shooting Zombies and such, we can all be up stairs playing Discs of Tron, Dig Dug, Galaga, Star Wars (the original), etc.

Comment

I picked other as well. I'd like to see the area become a two story replica of Pizza Planet from Toy Story, with food similar to the current Redd Rocket's menu and arcade games, then convert Redd Rockets back into an attraction.
            -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
            I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

I think a nice restaurant would go very well there too! Especially if it had a nice theme like Liquidspaceman mentioned. Then they could do away with Red Rockets Pizza port and put back the BIG TWA rocket and make a revised attraction like the original! Maybe a "mission to Europa" or something a little more far fetched than our current space exploration program can offer! Tomorrow land should be one of the BEST "lands" in Disneyland, offering state of the art attractions while holding true to the original "vision" of Walt Disney Imagineers!
              All Hail Space Mountain!!! :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidspaceman
                You know Circarama, that parents get WHINE right now at the Starcade :lol:
                :lol: THAT WAS A GOOD ONE.
                Charlie :wave:
                MiceChat User #1037

Comment

I said "other". Leave it now isn't quite right because the 2nd floor is still gone. I want the 2nd floor back, complete with full-size air hockey tables. They used to have the good old metal surfaced air hockey up there with the hard pucks, not the ones like today's arcades often have, at half the size and with the soft white pucks that don't do anything. The air hockey tables were a real draw, right up until they removed them.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

hmm Im torn between reasturant or new c/d ticket. How about turning Starcade into a "Reasturant at the end of the universe", making HISTA into a Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy ride (like the imagineers supposedly want to), and turn Redd Rocket Pizza Port into a new c/d ticket.

Comment

Actually I should of voted for the Spaceport restruant. My Idea is similiar but I would love to see the Starcade tied in with Star Tours and turn it into the Mos Eisley Catina and Restraunt. It will be a sit down restraunt with animitronic Aliens throughout the palce. Sort of like the Rainforest Cafe. The Cantina Band will play and they would be on a rotating stage. After the Catina Band plays, the curtains will cover the stage and it rotates to bring out the next band. The Max Rebo Band from Return of the Jedi. They could actually have it like Jabba's Palace also and have an animatronic Jabba sitting there as well except his belches and slime drooling may have a bad effect on people's appitites. It would be just like Chuck E. Cheese for the Star Wars fans!!!
                      PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Attached? Are you kidding? :-)

A restaurant would be nice there, if they used Pizza Port for a ride. I'd be just fine with HISTA going away and a new attraction going in there somewhere.
                        Kevin Crossman
                        Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
                        Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

Comment

hows about a tron themed resturaunt? eh? eh?

Comment

Originally posted by JordanB
                            hows about a tron themed resturaunt? eh? eh?
                            I could maybe go for that. It could be called Flynn's and you have to go through some type of interface to go into some high tech video/arcade simulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidspaceman
                              -Use the area as the back side of Edison Square. Have a new attraction for Main Street that uses this area from the alley in Main Street.
                              That's not possible. The backstage area between the backside of locker alley and the startours/startrader/starcade is a much needed one. I know it's big, but it has a lot of foot and vehicle traffic.
                              Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by eyes_of_mara
                                That's not possible. The backstage area between the backside of locker alley and the startours/startrader/starcade is a much needed one. I know it's big, but it has a lot of foot and vehicle traffic.
                                Couldn't this space get moved, maybe underground. I saw the sketches for Edison Square and Liberty Street in the Opera House exhibit and I loved the idea. I understand that it's needed, but is it so vital that it, too, can't be re-imagineered?

Comment

I have no real issue with the Starcade except it sort of irritates me you have to pay for the games. It's Disneyland, let's just let people go nuts with the free games, they already paid $50 plus to get in. If this means DDR fanatics buy APs so that they can play unlimited, whatever. Plus you can play DDR in Innoventions for free...

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMunkee
                                    Actually I should of voted for the Spaceport restruant. My Idea is similiar but I would love to see the Starcade tied in with Star Tours and turn it into the Mos Eisley Catina and Restraunt. It will be a sit down restraunt with animitronic Aliens throughout the palce. Sort of like the Rainforest Cafe. The Cantina Band will play and they would be on a rotating stage. After the Catina Band plays, the curtains will cover the stage and it rotates to bring out the next band. The Max Rebo Band from Return of the Jedi. They could actually have it like Jabba's Palace also and have an animatronic Jabba sitting there as well except his belches and slime drooling may have a bad effect on people's appitites. It would be just like Chuck E. Cheese for the Star Wars fans!!!

Whoa whoa I agree. Actually they should just make a whole franchise like that.

Comment

heck yes! how awesome would that be! and really think about how many disney freaks love star wars and vice versa! heck, i'd even leave my lovely locations to go work there! as busy as it would be, it would be worth it!!!!!

Comment

Most amazing idea of the month award. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X