This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Downtown Disney Restaurant ?

OK, in light of the current Tortilla Jo's thread, which Downtown Disney Table Service Restaurant is your favorite and why?
    I've eaten at Tortilla Jo's (disappointing), Ralph Brennan's (ditto), La Brea Bakery (good but incredibly expensive for what I got), and Pizzeria Napoli (fabulous, great, outstanding).
    I'm not so much interested in the alcohol aspects (bad experience with tequila in college has made me swear it off forever), but if one place really excels at booze, go ahead and list it.
    sigpic

Re: Best Downtown Disney Restaurant ?

My wife and I always go to Rainforest Cafe - we enjoy it and know exactly what we're going to get when we get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
      My wife and I always go to Rainforest Cafe - we enjoy it and know exactly what we're going to get when we get there.

Comment

Love Ralph Brennan's!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I hesitated at first, but seeing everybody jump on the Rainforest bandwagon makes me throw my hat in. I love that place.
          sigpic

Comment

For most purposes, I feel that ESPN Zone has a perfect mix of great attentive fast service and a menu with broad appeal.

For special occasions, you can't beat the Napa Rose. Catal or Granville's are a nice second choice.

For larger groups, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is a good choice if they're not too busy. Their menu is too expensive and limited for the price, but people seem to love the atmosphere.

And once in a while, especially if you have kids, try the lunch or dinner character dining at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland hotel. It's MUCH less crowded than breakfast, the food selection is amazing, they have lots of characters and princesses, and even if you don't have kids its a heck of a lot of fun.

Comment

The one place I'd have to say that I was most disappointed with is House Of Blues. For the price of the meal and what I got was definately not worth it!

...Joe...

Comment

Another vote for the ESPN Zone!

Followed by the Rainforest Cafe.
                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Oops, forgot that I've eaten twice at Rainforest Cafe. For some reason that slipped my mind. Though it's been a while, I remember the food was good. Wonder why I haven't been back? Maybe when we go in February.

And I've eaten at Goofy's Kitchen twice. While I don't consider that Downtown Disney, I have to say that place was way too hectic. That, and I don't care for buffets.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5hr drive View Post
                    Oops, forgot that I've eaten twice at Rainforest Cafe. For some reason that slipped my mind. Though it's been a while, I remember the food was good. Wonder why I haven't been back? Maybe when we go in February.
                    Could it be because it takes longer to get into the restaurant than it does to get to Saturn? :lol: I swear that place's line to get in just gets longer and longer every year I go!

...Joe...

Comment

I can't stand the noise factor at Rainforest.

If Napa Rose counts as Downtown Disney, my vote goes there, It's definitely a special occasion type of place though because of the prices.

I also like Storyteller's, especially during the winter since they have the cozy fireplaces.

ESPN Zone is fun, and the food and service are usually great, but you have to time it right. If you go during Monday night football or some other big sporting event you could end up waiting for hours.
                      One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                      Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

I haven't had much use for Rainforest Cafe since they took my favorite item off the menu (crab eggrolls).

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I like Catal and the Uva bar best.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Our score thus far (sorry, Hotel restaurants not included)

Rainforest Cafe 4 votes, ESPN Zone 3 votes, Catal 2 votes, Ralph Brennan's and Napoli 1 vote each.

Looks like I need to try ESPN Zone and get back to Rainforest Cafe.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've never been to the ESPN Zone at DTD, but I have eaten at the one in Time's Square. Their spinach dip appetizer is do die for!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X