This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aladdin's Oasis question

I ran across this pic in the following thread http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...t=47098&page=9

This may sound stupid, but aladdin's oasis usually is roped off. So having never actually been in Aladdin's oasis, my question is basically what is it? Dinner? a show? both? Can anyone go in there or do you need reservations? What's the deal? Thanks
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Re: Aladdin's Oasis question

ya its always been roped for me too but im pretty sure its more based around the kiddies.
    pshhh i guess

Comment

Aladdin's Oasis replaced the Tahitian Terrace, and both were dinner shows.

The Tahitian Terrace had a waterfall, which parted to allow the performers to make their entrances onto the stage, and Aladdin's Oasis replaced that feature with the Cave of Wonders.

Aladdin's Oasis didn't last very long as a dinner show, though. So, the entertainment department started using the venue to present a storytelling experience featuring Aladdin and Jasmine and recalling Scheherazade's original telling of the Aladdin story as part of the 1,001 Arabian Nights.

The storytelling experience is relatively entertaining for adults, but there is a definite orientation toward children.
      Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 12-13-2006, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Aladdin's Oasis is a nice place. An oil lamp is on every table, and the layers of patterned fabric everywhere are lush and evocative. I never saw the dinner show, itself, but it had a storyline that incorporated the various courses of the meal.

Comment

So are there daily shows? Or can anyone just go back there to look arround?
          FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

http://www.yesterland.com/oasis.html

Comment

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...AttractionPage
              Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 12-13-2006, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Disney Seas show that uses stereoscopic film projections would fit Aladdin's Oasis? The venue might also be ideal for another interactive princess, pirate, or Jedi experience.

Comment

Aladdin & Jasmine's Storytale Adventure runs Friday's thru Sunday at 10:30, 11:45, 12:45, 2:45, 3:45, 5:00 & 6:00. Monday thru Thurs Aladdin & Jasmine sign autographs in front of the oasis.

Comment

Originally posted by Disnerd View Post
                    Aladdin & Jasmine's Storytale Adventure runs Friday's thru Sunday at 10:30, 11:45, 12:45, 2:45, 3:45, 5:00 & 6:00. Monday thru Thurs Aladdin & Jasmine sign autographs in front of the oasis.
                    Thanks for the info. Annother question. Is the cave of wonders something you can go inside? Or is that where the cast members come out of?
                    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by indyIluvu View Post
                      Thanks for the info. Annother question. Is the cave of wonders something you can go inside? Or is that where the cast members come out of?
                      It's just for the performers.

Comment

I don't know why Aladdin's Oasis didn't last, because I really enjoyed going there when it was a dinner theatre. I remember the little boy we babysat begging for an Abu burger. And the desert I got was delicious and awesome ... a chocolate magic lamp ... chocolate lamp filled with chocolate mousse (or something like that).

Ah ... memories ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch74 View Post
                          I don't know why Aladdin's Oasis didn't last, because I really enjoyed going there when it was a dinner theatre. I remember the little boy we babysat begging for an Abu burger. And the desert I got was delicious and awesome ... a chocolate magic lamp ... chocolate lamp filled with chocolate mousse (or something like that).

Ah ... memories ...
                          Paul Pressler implemented an initiative to close as many restaurants as possible and serve people overpriced junk food from outdoor vendors, instead. Additionally, Aladdin's Oasis and the Plaza Pavilion shared a kitchen.

Comment

i went to the show for my birthday the year it opened. i don't rmember much cause i was a kid, but what i do remember

there were belly dancers, they pulled men from the audience, dressed them up and made them belly dnce too, there was something green on my plate that no one would eat and the guy told us "try the green stuff, its good, you'll like it" kindof a running gag in my family now, and it was good!

and lastly, that lamp...the big chocolate lamp hey gave me for my birthday, man that was awesome, lol

we had a great seat too from what i can remember, if im right, the dining area is bileveled and we sat right next the the egde over all the people and got to see everything!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X