This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouimetland

I have created a Cafepress store for all of those who are interested in all of that snazzy Ouimetland swag! Enjoy everybody!

http://www.cafepress.com/ouimetland

Mods - please let me know if there is any issue with this.
    Originally posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Coolio! Ouimet's my hero!!

Thanks for the linky and cool swag!!

:bow:
    --Jonathan

Comment

I just find it hilarious that Matt is being praised, even deified for doing his job.

I wonder if the previous regime hadn't been so bad if Matt would still be getting all of this praise.

Nothing against Matt, I'm sure he's a great guy, and I agree he has done some great things, but it's still too early to tell if this is just a show for the 50th or if good changes will be around to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
        I just find it hilarious that Matt is being praised, even deified for doing his job.

I wonder if the previous regime hadn't been so bad if Matt would still be getting all of this praise.

Nothing against Matt, I'm sure he's a great guy, and I agree he has done some great things, but it's still too early to tell if this is just a show for the 50th or if good changes will be around to stay.
        I'm sorry, but for me, Matt is the closest thing I have seen to Walt because all I have known are Pressler and Harris ... I am not trying to deify him, I am just trying to show my support.

-Daniel
        this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Hellooo!! That's the whole point... DL needed rescuing! And he's done a superb job. But of course we Disneyphiles are a finicky bunch... we can turn on him in an instant if he starts screwing up!
          --Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by DOOM BGI
            Hellooo!! That's the whole point... DL needed rescuing! And he's done a superb job. But of course we Disneyphiles are a finicky bunch... we can turn on him in an instant if he starts screwing up!
            Yup ... Isn't that part of the fun!

Comment

Those are great!!! I wasn't sure what i was going to think, but great job! Totally over the top.

I'd love to know what CM Matt thinks. If I get one of these (and I plan to) my mission will be to have Matt sign it!

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                Those are great!!! I wasn't sure what i was going to think, but great job! Totally over the top.

I'd love to know what CM Matt thinks. If I get one of these (and I plan to) my mission will be to have Matt sign it!
                While you do get him to sign something for me too. Like my new hire paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                  While you do get him to sign something for me too. Like my new hire paperwork.
                  :lol: Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                    Honestly, I bet he wouldn't be that into it. While I'm sure he's flattered... it does after all take away from DISNEYland and the logo would have people wondering WtF?? Especially in the parks. I think his frame of mind is, it's really all about Disneyland, and not himself.

I'm sure he'd be happier if we thanked him in a much less publicly visible way!!

But I think they are hilarous and I'm wearing one to the 50th!!

:bow:
                    --Jonathan

Comment

Yeah, im just happy to have one ... if I ever get to any meets I will be the one with the Ouimetland T and MiceChat pin!!!

Comment

Plus, like I've said before, I think most of what Matt is doing is begging higher-ups for money.

I bet all these theming and maintenance enhancements are Greg Emmer's work, since Matt isn't really a theme park guy and Greg's been a CM since way back when. Although Matt's a bright guy, I don't think he'd really know the whole Tomorrowland legacy enough to make all the nostalgic changes that have being going on there lately.

Comment

I think it's a matter of the new team at Disneyland coming in and going to management and pointing out how much of their revenue comes from the theme parks and that with the 50th Anniversary coming, they have a chance to put Disney center stage, that they'd better invest some money back into the parks to keep that revenue flowing.

I think it's over the top, but I do appreciate that they have gotten positive changes done very quickly.

Comment

I do not understand why some people are so slow to praise and quick to criticize. While I have to say that I was one of the ones who condemned Pressler and Harris, I am also going to freely praise Matt. He deserves it. Although some are questioning his intimate involvement in all the improvements in DL over the last year, I think it is his VISION that is key here. Without a vision of what DL could be, no true progress can be made. He also has produced results. Vision controls the outcome. Pressler's vision was a cheap shopping mall. He almost achieved it. Matt's vision looks to be a truly world renown amusement park. I will not hesitate to applaud him. :bow:

Comment

I never criticized. I think Matt's doing a good job. It's just WAY over the top, and I'm sure Matt would agree.

Comment

IMEO (In my egotistical opinion) It's great to praise Matt amd he does deserve such, but it's a bit naive to think that all these things happen singularly, especially at Disney. Where's the EmmerLand shirts? Or the shirts for those that supported and funded their initiatives? or maybe WDI? I agree Matt is a great champion and has a super track record on maintaining the Disney heritage, but Disney has never been about the individual, it's all about the team. Having said that, go get a shirt and enjoy it if that's what you're into.
                                "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                                  ... but Disney has never been about the individual, it's all about the team. Having said that, go get a shirt and enjoy it if that's what you're into.
                                  I agree with much of what you said, but I have to correct you. Disneyland WAS originally about an individual, Walt Disney. He put the attractions and rides in the park that he liked. Now having said that, Walt would also be the first person to say that he could not have done all that he did without a very talented group of people whom he worked beside. Of course, it is a team effort, but teams need coaches. Coaches don't play the game, but much of the outcome depends on their guidance and direction.

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan
                                    I agree with much of what you said, but I have to correct you. Disneyland WAS originally about an individual, Walt Disney. He put the attractions and rides in the park that he liked. Now having said that, Walt would also be the first person to say that he could not have done all that he did without a very talented group of people whom he worked beside. Of course, it is a team effort, but teams need coaches. Coaches don't play the game, but much of the outcome depends on their guidance and direction.
                                    Of course. Precisley..When you work there it's not about you it's about Disney. there's no such thing as a cast of one. Walt Disney transcended beng a person, he became the vision and therefore represented the company. He told Ken Anderson (the animator) that it was about making the Disney name powerful and famous (not Kens), not as an individual, but as a Company. People always wonder what disney magic is. To me, it's the unbelievable results of lots of talented people working very hard behind a curtain. If you saw them all doing it, it wouldn't be so amazing, but they make it look effortless for all of us. I don't want to destroy the fantasy with a list of credits, just give me the Castle and let the fireworks explode..then I can BELIEVE.
                                    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

You are absolutely right about this not being just about Ouimet. And have you seen his response every time a reporter thanks him for all he has done for the park? He immediately says that we should really be thanking the amazing Cast Members in the parks, janitors, Imagineers, etc., because they are doing the work. Matt is simply allowing them to do their job, which is why everything is so fantastic now. We praise him because he's at the top, much like we are quick to chastize individuals at the top for anything that goes wrong--similar to how we criticize Eisner for decisions he probably knew nothing about (he doesn't even know the names of half of the rides). The hope, of course, is by telling Matt that we approve of his work, he will continue promoting good work from those he employs, which is what we want.
                                      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Let's not forget that 15 years ago, Micheal Eisner was called a genius and a miracle worker.

--Jonathan

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X