Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jedi Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jedi Question

    I haven't visited the Jedi Training Academy, yet, but I was wondering if the children are chosen by "finding" high concentrations of "Midichlorians". I'd hate to see a selection process that appears merely random.

    Does Disney offer the Jedi Training Academy in a way that is consistent with the rest of "Star Wars"?

  • #2
    Re: Jedi Question

    Well, it is totally random. The "jedi master" stands on the stage and holds one hand to his head and talks about "I am feeling the force strong from...... that little youngling in the brown shirt...." and so one. He basically says the same thing over and over until they have about 40 kids. Is it totally random? definitely. Does it "appear" totally random? Yes, to anyone over about 3. But, it is still fun!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jedi Question

      It's still tough on those kids who jump up and down like maniacs only to be passed over. I know they can only handle 20 something at a time, but I do hope they keep track of those kids who come back for show #2...or 3....or 4....

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jedi Question

        make sure you're near the front and towards the center. you have a better chance of being picked then.
        If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jedi Question

          Wear something Star Wars related or wave a lightsaber also helps.
          When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

          This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

          Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jedi Question

            Being cute little girls also seemed to help the shows we watched. Our five year old was chosen to fight both Darth Vader and Darth Maul. She was the smallest to fight Maul. Cute!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jedi Question

              It's totally random. What sucks is they'll pick siblings and the completely pass over other families.

              My best score ever!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jedi Question

                Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                I haven't visited the Jedi Training Academy, yet, but I was wondering if the children are chosen by "finding" high concentrations of "Midichlorians". I'd hate to see a selection process that appears merely random.

                Does Disney offer the Jedi Training Academy in a way that is consistent with the rest of "Star Wars"?
                If you're worried about the show being consistent with the rest of Star Wars, you'll definitely have to overlook the fact that Darth Maul is even in the show to begin with. Kinda hard to fight alongside Darth Vader when you were sliced in-two some 20 or 30 years earlier.

                Yes, I'm a Star Wars Uber-nerd!


                This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jedi Question

                  I actually got to see a little of the show last week and I was pretty impressed. For what it is, they did a very good job of it. Darth Vader and Maul are impressive, and it's neat how they actually get to "fight" the kids.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jedi Question

                    Originally posted by SkipperStandUp View Post
                    If you're worried about the show being consistent with the rest of Star Wars, you'll definitely have to overlook the fact that Darth Maul is even in the show to begin with. Kinda hard to fight alongside Darth Vader when you were sliced in-two some 20 or 30 years earlier.

                    Yes, I'm a Star Wars Uber-nerd!

                    Aren't Darth Vader and Darth Maul just representations conjured by the Jedis in the same way that Yoda used Darth Vader in "The Empire Strikes Back" to train Luke Skywalker?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jedi Question

                      Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
                      It's totally random. What sucks is they'll pick siblings and the completely pass over other families.
                      In our case, they chose our little non-Star Wars lover before our Darth Vader/Darth Maul obsessed 8 year old, so we were really worried, she would melt down and DIE if her sister was chosen and not her.

                      So I'm glad they chose siblings! But we went to more than one show in order to get picked. It was by design. And we noticed they picked an even number of boys and girls at each showing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jedi Question

                        the show is awesome, but I do hve to say the only thing it does lack is consistency with the rest of the Star Wars story line as Yoda, Vader, and Maul all appear to be in the same timeline! But as strange as it sounds, this does not take away from the show, infact, it makes it better! It's a great show that really cannot be missed!
                        Oh what the future will hold...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Jedi Question

                          I just wish they'd do one show and pick adults because you KNOW how many of us Star Wars dorks would kill for a chance to fight Vader or Maul!

                          That being said, I'd love the job of being the female Jedi Master in that show. There is nothing cooler than being a Jedi!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Jedi Question

                            Originally posted by aimster View Post
                            I'd love the job of being the female Jedi Master in that show. There is nothing cooler than being a Jedi!

                            I am soooo with you on this one! I thought, as I was watching my young jedi son fight Darth Maul, that I would love to have that job too, he gets to look so grumpy!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Jedi Question

                              Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                              In our case, they chose our little non-Star Wars lover before our Darth Vader/Darth Maul obsessed 8 year old, so we were really worried, she would melt down and DIE if her sister was chosen and not her.

                              So I'm glad they chose siblings! But we went to more than one show in order to get picked. It was by design. And we noticed they picked an even number of boys and girls at each showing.
                              We only stayed for 2 shows. Alan and Amanda, my 7 year old twin cousins from Chicago, didn't want to wait for another show after they weren't picked both times.

                              My best score ever!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X