Has anybody won in the Year of a Million Dreams?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChimneySweep
    New MiceChatter
    • Dec 2006

Has anybody won in the Year of a Million Dreams?

I was wondering if anybody has won anything, even a hat in the Year of a Million dreams.

I was in the park a few weeks ago and some family were all wearing blue hats. I asked where they got them and they said that they were giving them out at the front. So we went to the front and asked. Turned out that they were actually winners of the hats but didn't know it. They thought they were just giving out hats that day.

Bad enough that most people don't know what it is even when they visit but even when they win they don't know it.

I was wondering if anybody won anything or knew any tips to win? Any special place to be? Does it help to go up to the people giving stuff away and start a conversation or anything?
  • Monorail Man
    MiceChatter
    MiceChat Administrator
    • Jan 2005

Re: Has anybody won in the Year of a Million Dreams?

Originally posted by ChimneySweep View Post
    I was wondering if anybody won anything or knew any tips to win? Any special place to be? Does it help to go up to the people giving stuff away and start a conversation or anything?
    I've won a lanyard in WDW, and just one of those 'happen to be in the right place'.

There's a couple of tips. First, the "Dream Squad" is generally only out in the morning (especially for Dream Fastpasses), and their shift ends by 6pm. So after 6pm, no more prizes. Second, you can enter via mail. There's no need to talk to the "Dream Squad", as they have a computer that spits out where they should go, and then they go and give out the prizes.

Otherwise, it's random. I find it ironic that many of us who went on the WDW trip won (several times, with one winning 3 times!) considering that it's not our home park.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

• Snow_White_Raven
      MiceChatter
      • Jun 2006

I was at the park the other night about 8:00 pm and was talking to a dream squad person and didn't get a darn thing out of her. I was hoping I would atleast get a tink pin. But sadly nothing.

Comment

• Monorail Man
        MiceChatter
        MiceChat Administrator
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
        I was hoping I would atleast get a tink pin. But sadly nothing.
        Because every prize has to be accounted for, and determined 'randomly', they cannot just willy-nilly hand out prizes, as that would violate the contest rules.
        -Monorail Man

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
          MiceChatter
          • Aug 2005

I was wondering if anybody has won anything, even a hat in the Year of a Million dreams.
          WE DID!!!!!!!!!

We were walking to Adventureland where we were stopped by CM's and given the lanyards with fast passes to all of the most popular rides! We didn't know what was going on at first but when we realized what we were being given we were sooooooooooooooooo jazed! We have some great pictures of our group of 8 and the expressions on our faces right after we were given the fast passes! And the best part was we didn't have to wait in line for any rides today!!!

Comment

• Melonballer
            Shablagoo!
            • May 2005

I got a set of the dram fastpasses myself. Since it was a non busy day I kept them unused and still have them.

Comment

• goofgeek
              Jambo!
              • Sep 2006

I got a pair of those magnificent Dream ears (at WDW of course), but I love them ever so much.

Comment

• iheartdisneyland
                I LOVE Disneyland :)
                • Nov 2006

We got the dream fastpass a few Sundays ago. We got it when we got off Space Mountain. The thing that stunk was it wasn't a busy day. We waited to use them in hope the park would get crowded I never really did, some rides we used them. But they passed them out when you walked off the ride before you get to where you can look at your picture. This was first thing at like 8 :30 in the morning! Where else did people get prizes and what time did they hand them out! I am sure there is no real pattern to it

Comment

• Barbaraann
                  Chicago Gal
                  • Apr 2005

I don't spend that many days a year in a Disney themepark. However, when I do visit, I know for a fact that I won't go looking for the "Dream Squad". I feel that kind of defeats the entire purpose of the present campaign.
                  Last edited by Barbaraann; 12-17-2006, 06:53 AM. Reason: addition
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Olympicnut
                    Incognito
                    • Jan 2005

I did!! We were walking out of Buzz this week and in the exit hallway were 2 CM's handing out the light blue Mickey ear hats with silver ears. :yea: Those are my very first Mickey ears ever too. My dream came true!!! :lmao:

Comment

• General You
                      Hedonist
                      • Jan 2005

I got a Mickey loaf of bread when I took the bread tour

Comment

• iheartdisneyland
                        I LOVE Disneyland :)
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                        I don't spend that many days a year in a Disney themepark. However, when I do visit, I know for a fact that I won't go looking for the "Dream Squad". I feel that kind of defeats the entire purpose of the present campaign.
                        I don't think most people do. I just think its interesting to find out where people are winning and what. I see the "Dream Squad" all the time when I go, but I never go up and talk to them.

Comment

• PrincessY
                          Winter in Oceanside...
                          • Oct 2005

Not a stinkin' thing, and we are there most Sunday mornings for 3-4 hours. We've seen the so called Dream Squad walking around and chatting to people, but have not even seen them give anything away. It is a pretty lame promotion, if you ask me, if the only "prizes" are blue ears or a few fast passes. Nice, sure. But not exactly a Dream!

Comment

• ChimneySweep
                            New MiceChatter
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                            Not a stinkin' thing, and we are there most Sunday mornings for 3-4 hours. We've seen the so called Dream Squad walking around and chatting to people, but have not even seen them give anything away. It is a pretty lame promotion, if you ask me, if the only "prizes" are blue ears or a few fast passes. Nice, sure. But not exactly a Dream!
                            I agree that that it's the lamest promotion yet. Most people leave never knowing what it was.

Do you remember the 35th anniversary with the dream machine. Everybody knew they had a chance to win on their ticket and if you won it was a big thing. You go to the dream machine and actually see people winning toys, trips, cars. I remember seeing people win a car. It was brilliant because if somebody wins a big prize with the new promotion nobody even knows.

Ah, how I miss Jack Lindquist, Blast to the Past, State Fair, Party Gras, One Man's Dream, Dream Machine all in one year!

Comment

• Mac Daddy
                              Nikon +Disneyland = :)
                              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                              • Jun 2005

I'm getting the feeling that families of five or more aren't really in the running for prizes like the Mickey Penthouse, etc, but I could be wrong. In most of the promo shots, they seem to be looking for mom, dad, son, daughter. As we are a family of five, I don't think the dream team will give us a second look.

It wouldn't suck to be the Spanglers who apparently won the "Park to yourself" prize online. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the "Meet the winning family" link at the site below.

Plan a Disney family vacation with helpful travel planning information and experience the magic of Disney Theme Parks, cruises and exciting destinations.

Comment

• DisneyFunGuy
                                • Jan 2005

I won some special mouse ears, which are really neat.
                                DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

• Where's Barbie?
                                  @ DENIAL ISLAND
                                  • Jul 2005

I won a lanyard
                                  Last edited by Where's Barbie?; 12-17-2006, 02:40 PM. Reason: spelling
                                  aka Sara

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

One of my children
                                  isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

Comment

• Malcon10t
                                    Minion
                                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                                    I'm getting the feeling that families of five or more aren't really in the running for prizes like the Mickey Penthouse, etc, but I could be wrong. In most of the promo shots, they seem to be looking for mom, dad, son, daughter. As we are a family of five, I don't think the dream team will give us a second look.
                                    You might look at the first winning family of the Penthouse. http://www.disneylandnews.com/digital_index.cfm (pic on right). Mom, Dad, daughter, 2 sons. They show more pics of the older son but there were 3 kids.
                                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• PrincessY
                                      Winter in Oceanside...
                                      • Oct 2005

with the new promotion nobody even knows.
                                      Exactly. I only know about it because I'm a DizGeek. The rest of my family and friends haven't a clue.

Comment

• MJHammer1
                                        New MiceChatter
                                        • Dec 2006

My family and I missed the fastpass prize by a few minutes at Epcot this past October, right after the promotion started. We were leaving Soarin' and noticed the 'team' but they started distribution when we were already out and in the hallway.

I did get to stop another guest later that day who had one to check it out, it looked like a pretty cool souvenir!

Mike
                                        Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
                                        NewsPlusNotes

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X