Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasmic going into rehab after MLK Weekend? A sign of Pirate Island?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasmic going into rehab after MLK Weekend? A sign of Pirate Island?

I was checking the calendar at Disneyland.com out and it was showing no Fantasmic at all after MLK weekend. I had thought that it was going to go into rehab in late February and not so soon. It shows the show being gone until March at least (It's gone as far as the calendar will go.) Interestingly enough, the calendar does not list it under rehab like it normally does when F! is down. They also only have the fireworks showing on Friday and Saturday like normal. It would suck to have no F! or fireworks on a Sunday night. It is nice to at least have one of them going.....

Does everyone think F! will be down for this long (1 1/2 to 2 months). Or is the calendar not correct and it will be down for a shorter time. Is this a possible sign of Pirate Island happening?

Re: Fantasmic going into rehab after MLK Weekend? A sign of Pirate Island?

I'd just chalk it up to regular Fantasmic! down time.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

I'm thinking it could go down in mid January, but hopefully come up around Early March before the spring breaks start. As of right now the website does not reflect this.

Comment

Yeah... Regular rehab for the show. It gets a lot of wear, and the technologies are constantly being renewed.

Comment

Fix the icky piece of metal with that fabric hanging off of it that seems to spit fire!! :whistling
          MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Maybe some minor improvements since F! will be 15 years old next year. I want to see Ursula back!!!
            sigpic
            "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Comment

i hope its back up by early march, we're taking a friend of mine from work who hasn't been to DLR for 19 years and our nephew who hasn't been for 13 years! i'd hate for them to miss it
              Will there be screams when the sun sets,
              -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
              elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
              Originally posted by pratt55
              Elly is adorkable.

Comment

The MousePlanet.com refurb calendar in the DLR Weekly Park Update says:
                Fantasmic! dark February 20 - March 16 due to work on Tom Sawyer Island.

It doesnt give anymore information - so that could mean just routine refurb/maitenance on Tom Sawyer Island - or possibly work on the Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island makeover.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! there goes those plans, dangit
                  Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                  -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                  elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                  Originally posted by pratt55
                  Elly is adorkable.

Comment

maybe since they are making it go dark, they will work on some of the parts for fantasmic anyway since its not being used...

Comment

maybe I hope so

Comment

Well if there are any changes to the show I'm sure you'll all let us know

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                        ~

Comment

It is due to the Island undergoing new design.

Comment

:blush: ya that would be nice to see some nice stuff added to F! since it is almost 15 years old. but that topic is opening a can of worms!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                            MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X