Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Needs to be Done to Make D.C.A. Less Ugly...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Needs to be Done to Make D.C.A. Less Ugly...

... from Harbor Boulevard, Katella Avenue, and the Main Entry Plaza?

Re: What Needs to be Done to Make D.C.A. Less Ugly...

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    ... from Harbor Boulevard, Katella Avenue, and the Main Entry Plaza?

Disney could always put up a berm to help sheild DCA from outside views and noise. They could also plant trees and shrubs on it to further obscure the view. Beautiful plantings always make things look nicer. But I would also suggest that those viewing DCA drink heavily, that way they won't mind how bad things look quite so much. I find the view from the Golden Vine patio to actually be rather pleasing, especially after a couple bottles of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDarian View Post
      Disney could always put up a berm to help sheild DCA from outside views and noise. They could also plant trees and shrubs on it to further obscure the view. Beautiful plantings always make things look nicer. But I would also suggest that those viewing DCA drink heavily, that way they won't mind how bad things look quite so much. I find the view from the Golden Vine patio to actually be rather pleasing, especially after a couple bottles of wine.
      You do that, too!!
      NRBF

Comment

Berm is mostly what they need, as pushing everything back a few blocks is out of the question.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Everytime I look at DCA I am sickened by it's cheapness. A berm would be a step in the right direction, a theme would help too!
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Definitely a berm, and lots of trees!
            disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

About 2 tons of explosives and a couple of tons of asphalt to cover it over to get back a good parking lot. :yea:

Comment

There's not enough room for a berm; I do like the idea of dynomite...
                :lmao:
                "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

Trees. Big poofy ones to hide the power lines.

Booze and lots of it. It finally explains why they sell martinis and other libations INSIDE DCA. It improves the surroundings dramatically.

No, but honestly, there is no real way to fix the view of the old Main entrance without either creating an aesthetically pleasing boundry between fantasy (TOT) and reality (the entrance), or extending fantasy properly to the boundry and making it part of the entrance with a "pueblo-Deco" feel.
                  "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                  Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

The "cardboard cut-out" murals signal...no, SCREAM "ugliness and cheapness" to all who approach the park's entrance. The park really would benefit from a berm, along with a ride that encircles it.

I love the cable car idea that has been announced as a part of Lasseters plan. It would look quite nice running between the plaza and Paradise Pier. I agree with Fishbulb that more trees (especilly used to hide eyesores) would help aesthetically.
                    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Trees - trees........and more trees.

Did I say trees? There is NO shade anywhere in that place.......

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDarian View Post

YES!!!! needs more greenery! And yeah...like DL...a sheild from the outside world

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
                        For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Goofy View Post
                          About 2 tons of explosives and a couple of tons of asphalt to cover it over to get back a good parking lot. :yea:
                          It may be just me but I think this thread is asking for realistic ideas on how to improve the park.

Comment

I love all the answers for the need of a berm... Unless these trees are giant saquoia, I don't think you can build one high enough...
                            Check out my other blog:

Comment

I don't know how practical this would be because it would be an expensive fix that would affect surrounding locations as well as traffic...

The west bound lane of Katella, which is the closest to DCA (start at Harbor, go towards Disneyland Drive) become an underground tunnel. All cars that need to go to Coco's or convention center can U-turn out of the tunnel.

This would just give DCA an extra bit of room to pad behind the park with some a nicer set of trees.

I know i know... not that great of an idea and it's not well thought out. It just came to me. It's an idea that I even shook my head at while writing.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X