Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Best Tomorrowland Location For MEET THE ROBINSONS Attraction

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tomorrowland Location For MEET THE ROBINSONS Attraction

As Nautilus recently pointed out, the Rocket Jets and Space Mountain were featured in a preview of Meet The Robinsons on the Pirates 2 DVD.

Ghostbuster626 postulated, "That scene was actually forced into the movie by Disney's marketing team in the hopes that, should the movie turn out to be even moderatly sucessful, they could create a cheap Meet the robinsons ride in tomorrowland. The movie also featurs a hip punk rock version of "great big beautiful tomorrow". .

I appreciate this information from both Nautilus and Ghostbuster, and am excited about the prospect of Tomorrowland gaining a new Meet The Robinsons attraction. But, who's to say that such an endeaver would be built on the cheap. The way that Lasseter gets behind most everything these days (and an unpredictable Grier) we might just end up with a quality attraction.

It seems to me that the most likely places to install MTR would be in the HISTA building or the upper level of Innoventions. Where do you think the best Tomorrowland area would be for MTR?
    Meet The Robinsons ride in Honey I Shrunk The Audience building
    23.81%
    MTR 4-D attraction to replace HISTA
    23.81%
    MTR ride in upper level of Innoventions
    14.29%
    MTR ride in another building area large enough to accomodate it
    2.38%
    Build a new building for MTR ride
    2.38%
    Create original attraction not based on preexisting film characters, or can the whole stinkin' idea
    33.33%
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-21-2006, 03:44 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Best Tomorrowland Location For MEET THE ROBINSONS Attraction

Disney has signed a contract with a marketing company to display their products on the lower level of Innoventions. Fortunately, The upper level is available for anything the company desires to do with it. If it is to be a quality investment, I say a Meet The Robinsons ride would be a perfect fit.

MTR would definitely be preferable to the hidious mall-like atmosphere presently occupying that space.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-21-2006, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I think we should wait to see if the movie is any good first.

Disney hasn't really produced anything worthy of a attraction for a while... Chicken Little may have been an okay movie, but it wasn't a hit and certainly doesn't warrant its own attraction. So I'd rather wait to see if Meet the Robinsons turns out to be worthwhile before asking for an attraction.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

i havent seen it and i can remember what it is about is it that 3-D movie??

Comment

I would really rather just see an original attraction, rather then another ride based off of a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post

Disney hasn't really produced anything worthy of a attraction for a while... Chicken Little may have been an okay movie, but it wasn't a hit and certainly doesn't warrant its own attraction. So I'd rather wait to see if Meet the Robinsons turns out to be worthwhile before asking for an attraction.
            Ditto.

Comment

The only Robinsons I want to meet at Disneyland should be living in a Treehouse in Adventureland!!!

But I'd welcome back the Rocket Jets in their rightful place any day - - If these Robinsons are the excuse to get this done, they should be open to hearing the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post

Thanks for the forewarning, MasterGracey. Although, the plot, cast and trailer look pretty darned good so far.

Originally posted by duhduhkid View Post
                i havent seen it and i can remember what it is about is it that 3-D movie??
                http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=5909

Meet The Robinsons will be a computer generated film (not 3-D), and will be released in approximately three months (March 30th, 2007). Please refer to the above link to see the animated feature's teaser, trailer, musical trailer and international teaser.

Here's the plot summary..."Lewis is a brilliant inventor with a surprising number of clever inventions to his credit. His latest and most ambitious project is the Memory Scanner, a machine that will help him find his birth mother so they can become a family. But before he can find her, his invention is stolen by the dastardly Bowler Hat Guy and his diabolical hat and constant companion, Doris.

Lewis has all but given up hope when a mysterious stranger named Wilbur Robinson whisks our bewildered hero away in a time machine and together they team up to track down Bowler Hat Guy in a showdown that ends with an unexpected and unbelievable twist of fate.

Based upon the book "A Day with Wilbur Robinson" by William Joyce."

The director is Steve Anderson...the screenwriter, Michelle Spitz. The cast will include
                Angela Bassett, Tom Selleck, Harland Williams, Adam West, Laurie Metcalf, Tom Kenny, Ethan Sandler.

"

Comment

Originally posted by xss2077x View Post
                  I would really rather just see an original attraction, rather then another ride based off of a movie.
                  yes...i agree
                  OLM!!!
                  There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Take out HISTA for it.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                      The only Robinsons I want to meet at Disneyland should be living in a Treehouse in Adventureland!!!

But I'd welcome back the Rocket Jets in their rightful place any day - - If these Robinsons are the excuse to get this done, they should be open to hearing the pitch.

Haha! Right on!!

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                        Meet The Robinsons will be a computer generated film (not 3-D)
                        According to the 3D preview before Nightmare Before Christmas 3D, there will be a 3D version of Meet the Robinsons(in the same select theaters, I imagine).
                        It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                          According to the 3D preview before Nightmare Before Christmas 3D, there will be a 3D version of Meet the Robinsons(in the same select theaters, I imagine).
                          I hope so. MTR in CG 3-D would be a real treat for the senses.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X