This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest an itinerary 12/28

I know it is going to be very very busy. So just looking to get a few things done. We are still hoping to find another day to go, but our schedule may not allow that, so I'm trying to plan as if we are only going on 1 day.

Can anyone suggest an itinerary? We're planning to arrive shortly before opening, around 745 am.

Must dos in order of priority:
    1. Jedi Training Academy -- how early do we have to be there to have a chance at getting DS picked?
    2. Star Tours
    3. Buzz Lightyear

Would be great to do:
    Peter Pan
    Pinocchio
    Alice in Wonderland
    Mr Toad's Wild Ride
    Big Thunder Mtn
    Pirates

Only if time:
    Pooh
    Roger Rabbit

At CA -- would be nice to go on Soarin

THANKS for any suggestions!

Re: Suggest an itinerary 12/28

Help us out a bit. Do you have kids with you? If so, what ages, and are they boys or girls? How many adults and or teens are with you? Will you be at the resort for just one day? Will you have park hopper tickets? Are you willing to stay all day, or are you constrained by time? We'll help fill you in on the rest.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

If you can, get there a little bit earlier. The lines to get in the gate may be long (Ive seen them almost across the esplinade 1/2 hour before opening) and that will take away from time in the park. Also, trams will be busy, you gotta factor all that fun stuff in.
      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
        Help us out a bit. Do you have kids with you? If so, what ages, and are they boys or girls? How many adults and or teens are with you? Will you be at the resort for just one day? Will you have park hopper tickets? Are you willing to stay all day, or are you constrained by time? We'll help fill you in on the rest.
        Oh sorry, it will be primarily my 4yo son and myself. We will have 2 other adults and my infant with us -- but they are driving separately and will just be meeting up with us for lunch and a few things. My 4yo and I can go early and stay all day, although I think he can realistically be good to go from opening until about 7 pm, at which point he'll be ready to pass out in the stroller LOL. We'll need a lunch break of course.

And yes, we will have park hopper tickets. Unfortunately, we have 3 day military park hoppers so no early entry.

We had planned on going 3 days so we got 3 day hoppers and now we may only be going for this one day. So I need an itinerary for just this one day, thanks!

Comment

Fantasyland first! The lines for Peter Pan, Mr Toad, Dumbo, Storybook Land can all get pretty long.
          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
            If you can, get there a little bit earlier. The lines to get in the gate may be long (Ive seen them almost across the esplinade 1/2 hour before opening) and that will take away from time in the park. Also, trams will be busy, you gotta factor all that fun stuff in.
            Thanks for this suggestion -- how early should we plan on getting to the parking lot? Would 730 am be early enough?

Comment

Originally posted by javaj View Post
              Thanks for this suggestion -- how early should we plan on getting to the parking lot? Would 730 am be early enough?
              If I go on days I know are going to be busy, I get there about 45 min-1 hour early. The tram sometimes can be a long wait and then theres the line to get in the park. But, thats just me.

Comment

Well then, you have already picked a great list for a 4 year old boy. Let's spice it up with a few 4 year old friend attractions from DCA as well. Keep in mind that suggestions should go out the window if you or your little boy get tired or suddenly feel like doing something else. Your goal is for everyone to have a great time. Even if that means missing out on some of the things listed below. Here is a suggested general itinerary from the Dusty Sage:
                • Be at the front gate no later than half an hour before opening
                • Get a Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear
                • Head straight for Fantasyland and ride all of the Fantasyland rides that you are interested in (starting with Pan and Alice). The others will remain less busy.
                • If Roger Rabbit is a priority, do it after you are done in Fantasyland. It develops quite a wait on busy days. If the line is too long by the time you get there, simply tour Mickey or Minnie's house and pretend that there is no Roger Rabbit
                • Check your guide map and attend the earliest Jedi Academy that they have listed. Sit toward the middle and front of the stage. Make sure you son looks cute and happy
                • As soon as your Buzz pass reaches its "you can get another Fastpasss at . . . " time, get a Fastpass for Big Thunder (check to make sure your son is tall enough to ride first). You do NOT have to use your Buzz pass within the window, so just hold on to it for a bit.
                • After picking up your Thunder passes, you might enjoy riding as many of the following rides as have a wait time posted that is under 30 minutes: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Pooh
                • Then you can return to Tomorrowland to ride Star Tours and use your Buzz pass.
                • Return for Big Thunder
                • If you have accomplished your goals at Disneyland, head over to DCA and check the Fastpass time for Sorin' if the return time isn't too late, pick them up.
                • Ride Monsters Inc
                • Check out the Animation building
                • See Tough to be a Bug (if you warn him first that it is all for fun and the bugs are going to try to scare him in a funny way).
                • He might enjoy the rides in Bugs Land.
                • Finish with Sorin' if you were able to get passes.
                And that would be a VERY full day, even for an uncrowded day. Don't get stressed or worry if you miss something. In fact, it is often best to just skip an attraction if the posted wait time is longer than 20-30 minutes. You may just find that it has a shorter line later, or that you have so much else to do that it doesn't matter. Stop to eat when hungry or tired. Unless you have specific restaurants that you are dying to visit, simply eat where it is quick and convenient.

Have a great time!!!!

-Dusty
                Last edited by Dustysage; 12-22-2006, 08:03 AM.
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I know it is going to be very very busy. So just looking to get a few things done. We are still hoping to find another day to go, but our schedule may not allow that, so I'm trying to plan as if we are only going on 1 day.

Can anyone suggest an itinerary? We're planning to arrive shortly before opening, around 745 am.

1. Jedi Training Academy -- how early do we have to be there to have a chance at getting DS picked?
                  2. Star Tours
                  3. Buzz Lightyear

Would be great to do:
                  Peter Pan
                  Pinocchio
                  Alice in Wonderland
                  Mr Toad's Wild Ride
                  Big Thunder Mtn
                  Pirates

Only if time:
                  Pooh
                  Roger Rabbit

THANKS for any suggestions!
                  I would do this:

1. Peter Pan
                  2. Mr. Toad
                  3. Alice in Wonderland
                  4. Get a BLAB FP
                  5. Star Tours
                  6. See Jedi Training Academy (time accordingly)
                  7. BLAB
                  8. Get BTMRR FP
                  9. PotC
                  10. MAoWtP
                  11. Take Train to ToonTown
                  12. RRCtS
                  13. IASWH?
                  14. Pinocchio
                  15. Other FL rides
                  16. BTMRR
                  17. Whatever.
                  Love WoC!!!

Next DL trip: August 2011

"What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
                  -Walt Disney

Comment

I have to second Dusty's itinerary, it's very realistic and thought out plan. Also, as Dustysage mentioned, check your 4yo's height. The three that he mentioned are Star Tours, Big Thunder and Cal. Soarin. All of these are 40" requirements, so if he makes one he should be able to do them all. Good luck and have fun.
                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the suggestions! I grew up going to DL, but things were much simpler then LOL.

We took DS to DL once last year, and we are WDW vets, we've been to WDW 7 times with DS. 6 month old DS has even been to WDW already LOL. So we are not worried about missing lots of stuff. We just really had some must-dos (can you tell he's a big Star Wars fun with our must-dos LOL).

DS turns 5 next month, and he's about 43 inches tall. He's been riding Soarin, Big Thunder, Splash etc since he was 3. He doesn't like Splash at DL because the seats are singles -- not like the logs at WDW where he can sit next to one of us!

Again, thank you for the suggestions. Really appreciated, and will definitely be used!

Comment

Just a quick note in case you don't know, I believe (and I hope) that the Roger Rabbit ride is not on the regular Disneyland fastpass system. What that means is even if your current fastpass says you can't get another fastpass till a later time, you can get Roger Rabbit any time of the day. Last time I went to Disneyland that worked out for me.
                        Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
                        [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

2. Star Tours
                          3. Buzz Lightyear

Would be great to do:
                          Peter Pan
                          Pinocchio
                          Alice in Wonderland
                          Mr Toad's Wild Ride
                          Big Thunder Mtn
                          Pirates

Only if time:
                          Pooh
                          Roger Rabbit

Okay, Dustysage offered a great itinerary! I, not being quite as wise as he , was thinking about a totally different plan. I have a 6 yr. old DS. And, we usually have priorities along the lines of your DS. One thing I always keep in mind is the walking, and I try to backtrack as little as possible, even if I have to stand in line more. Here is what "I" would do.

We usually:
                          a) Definitely arrive early, I would plan to be pulling into the parking structure by about 7, that way by the time you park, catch a tram, go through bag check, etc. it will be close to 7:30-7:45, getting you into the park by 8:15-8:30.
                          1) head to Buzz and get fastpasses, unless the line is 10 minutes or so, then we just ride it!
                          2) Over to Star tours--and ride that.
                          3) The first Jedi show is at 10:30 that day, so I would head over as soon as I finished buzz and star tours, it will probably be close to 10, and in my experience, the masses come early and quick. You could get there at 9:30 or 9:45 and there would still be people waiting. Front of the crowd right next to the rope is most important, the closer to the center the better. Make sure you sit with him, as many kids will crowd in at the last minute and he may lose his spot to a bigger kid. I have found that if you make cute begging faces/motions behind your son there is a better chance of him getting picked. (you kind of have to balance your pride against how bad you want him to participate! ) There is a good chance that he won't get picked the first time, so I would plan on staying for the next show--11:30-- since this was one of your MUST do activities.
                          4) Meet family for lunch?
                          5) Fantasyland. Lines will be long by now, but remember, Jedi was top on your list, and that is done! If DS got picked for the very first show, you will have had a chance to do some of fantasyland already!
                          6) Head over to pirates, stopping to get Big Thunder Mtn. fastpasses on the way.
                          7) After Pirates, try to get into the wheelhouse and take a ride on the Mark Twain (this has become a favorite for all my little ones)
                          8) Back to use your fastpasses at Big Thunder Mtn.
                          9) If you aren't exhausted by this time, I would head over to CA, and follow the list that Dustysage suggested!

Good luck! Have a great time!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X