This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland and forced perspective

I'm doing a report for my science class on how Disneyland uses forced perspective throughout the park. I know that almost all the tall attractions use forced perspective to make them look taller than they actually are but can anybody help me come up with some others. I still also need 1 more topic dealing with special effects in Disneyland. Can anyone please help me come up with some ideas. Thank you very much
    "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular pagaent of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Indiana Jones

Comment

I believe you'll find that the buildings along Main Street are taller near the front gate and shorter near the hub. The theory is: as you enter, the street looks very long. You sense that this is very big place and you are impressed. As you leave, the street looks shorter. It won't take long to get to the gate so you feel like you have some time to visit the shops.
      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Sleeping Beauty Castle is the most obvious. Also, one of the simplest forms of FP is at Snow White Grotto. The figure of SW is actually the same height as the dwarfs, but because of her placement, she is taller.

I hope that helps!

Comment

I don't know, but that's a cool topic to do a paper on!
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
            I don't know, but that's a cool topic to do a paper on!
            Sure beats the one I did on the Free market policies instituted by China and the reciprocal effects on the United states and China economies. :devil:
            How much longer will it take
            For the world to see.
            We should learn to live
            And simply let it be.
            Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Comment

Well, free market policies are always better -- makes for bigger economies, i.e., economic growth -- but some industries will be hurt more than helped....

Hey! Stop snoring!

Comment

Pepper's Ghost ala HM.

Even Bill Neigh(sp) the Science Guy got it wrong.

Comment

different areas with forced perspective:

Main Street/Main Street Buildings
                  Matterhorn
                  Small World
                  Storybook Land
                  Snow White's Wishing Well Fountain
                  Splash Mountain
                  Sleeping Beauty Castle

Another good idea could be using the infamous disneyland effect of pumping the smells of vanilla out on mainstreet and the smell of popcorn out of the popcorn ODV carts... it's a very effective tool in spuring sales.
                  "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
                  Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
                  "
                  -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

How about the use of flight simulators in Star Tours, how their motion combined with visual cues on the movie screen simulates flight, acceleration, changes on direction, etc.? To carry it to the next degree, if you don't mind moving across the plaza to DCA, you can do the same thing with Soarin'.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCM
                      different areas with forced perspective:

Main Street/Main Street Buildings
                      Matterhorn
                      Small World
                      Storybook Land
                      Snow White's Wishing Well Fountain
                      Splash Mountain
                      Sleeping Beauty Castle
                      Ooo. How is forced perspective utilized in Small World, SB Land, Splash and Snow White?
                      Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

In Pirates of the Caribbean, the room with the battle scene... the pirate ship uses forced perspective. The masts all tilt to the left. It's really interesting, makes it look bigger than it is.
                        Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                        Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                        May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I was going to suggest Pepper's Ghost as well. Its such an old effect, but still "wows!" 'em every time.

Comment

The ship mast that sticks up behind New Orleans Square. It makes it look like tha park streches out further than it actually does.

Comment

Originally posted by zach1
                              The ship mast that sticks up behind New Orleans Square. It makes it look like tha park streches out further than it actually does.
                              Is there ap icture of this? Whahahahhat?
                              Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X