Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

    I seem to remember that there was a rumor that Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann would be added to the PoTC attraction to coincide with the release of Pirates of Caribbean: At World's End in summer 2007. Is there any truth to this? I can't remember hearing anything about this recently...

  • #2
    Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

    Not a rumour. Read on...

    Will & Elizabeth to join POTC attraction?! - 6/25/06
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ight=dick+cook
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

      Thanks! Sorry, I didn't mean to double post. Is there an exact date when this will happen? (Being lazy today, didn't feel like reading that entire thread back from June.)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

        Should coincide with the film's World Premiere (no date or location confirmed at this writing) in May.
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

          Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
          Should coincide with the film's World Premiere (no date or location confirmed at this writing) in May.
          That is what I figured. I'm asking because the general refurbishment schedule through May for DL is now out and there is no mention of a ride closure for PoTC.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

            I am ok with the current additions, not too thrilled these 2 new AAs are bing added. Where will they fit in exactly?
            WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

              I don't like any of the POTC movie stuff in the ride at all. It was bad enough that they changed stuff to make it more PC. Plus, I wonder the same thing as jmuboy - where will they fit in?

              Also, are they doing the same thing to the POTC ride at WDW?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

                A shame. Using these characters is turning a successful first-person guest experience into a third-person passive viewing experience by empasizing their tacked-on "story." At best the three movie characters should be confined to one cameo in a prison cell or something that doesn't disrupt the flow of the traditional Pirates experience. Too late now, I guess.

                Sadly, it's the E-Ticket version of what was done to Swiss Family Treehouse.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

                  Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                  A shame. Using these characters is turning a successful first-person guest experience into a third-person passive viewing experience by empasizing their tacked-on "story." At best the three movie characters should be confined to one cameo in a prison cell or something that doesn't disrupt the flow of the traditional Pirates experience. Too late now, I guess.

                  Sadly, it's the E-Ticket version of what was done to Swiss Family Treehouse.
                  Yep, POTC is now a just a caricature of it's former self.
                  sigpic

                  This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

                    Originally posted by jmuboy View Post
                    I am ok with the current additions, not too thrilled these 2 new AAs are bing added. Where will they fit in exactly?
                    Maybe in the well-dunking scene? "Weeeeeel...don't beee cheeeekin..."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

                      Captain Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones (Even though he is projected onto mist) looks real. Where would Elizabeth Swan go?

                      With the pigs?

                      Kidding

                      We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

                        I personally think Sparrow & Jones & Barbossa characters need to be removed - and a BIG NO to putting in any other 'film characters'. I feel the attraction is being cheapened by this - simply because the attraction made the movie - 36 years later, and not the other way around - personal opinion of course.

                        When I see Sparrow and the rest of the folks now added to this attraction, I just see their celebrity - I don't see their 'movie character'. So, to me, it just seems like Johnny Depp is 'all over the place' now - not Sparrow or anyone else.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

                          Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                          A shame. Using these characters is turning a successful first-person guest experience into a third-person passive viewing experience by empasizing their tacked-on "story." At best the three movie characters should be confined to one cameo in a prison cell or something that doesn't disrupt the flow of the traditional Pirates experience. Too late now, I guess.

                          Sadly, it's the E-Ticket version of what was done to Swiss Family Treehouse.
                          So true.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

                            Put Elizabeth in place of the red headed wench, Turner in the well, and Gibbs with the pigs!

                            Seriously though are the new AA's supposed to be from the new movie? So far we've seen Elizabeth in her dress, her fighting clothes in the second, and the picture of her in the Asian garb in the third.
                            Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?







                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Adding Will and Elizabeth to PoTC...

                              Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                              I personally think Sparrow & Jones & Barbossa characters need to be removed - and a BIG NO to putting in any other 'film characters'. I feel the attraction is being cheapened by this - simply because the attraction made the movie - 36 years later, and not the other way around - personal opinion of course.

                              When I see Sparrow and the rest of the folks now added to this attraction, I just see their celebrity - I don't see their 'movie character'. So, to me, it just seems like Johnny Depp is 'all over the place' now - not Sparrow or anyone else.
                              I totally agree with your point of view on this whole makeover. I really don't like it one bit.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X