PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterGracey
    Dateline Disneylander
    • Jan 2005

PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND
    Disneyland was packed! Ticket booth queues and extended queues were completely full at 11:30am. So full, in fact, that queues began wrapping around the backs of the ticket booths.

Media check-in for the Rose Bowl event was outside of Disneyland, between Guest Services and the Main Gate. Official Rose Bowl merch was available across the esplanade between the DCA Main Gate and the Downtown Disney secutiry checkpoint.

Lights and a ladder was out in front of the Matterhorn. Not sure exactly what was for, but we reckoned it was to get a nice press shot of some Rose Bowl players going through splash-down on the Matterhorn.

NEMO'S WONDERFUL WORLD OF COLOR - PART 2
    Another sneak peek inside the Sub Lagoon...

Is this colored sand for the bottom of the lagoon? Or is it bags of colored glass paint mix?

Some construction equipments hidden in Autopia greenery:

..... And a sneak peek at the Sub Lagoon's new lighting! It's looking really amazing at night...

ROSE BOWL EVENT SET-UP
    We didn't watch the Rose Bowl ceremony in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, but here's a look at the set-up...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!
  • MasterGracey
    Dateline Disneylander
    • Jan 2005

DIRT MANIA
    Not much to look at still at Midway Mania. Just a lot of dirt and rubble...

...And on the backside of the coaster....

DISNEYLAND HAS NOW ENDED
    ITS NORMAL OPERATING DAY

Hope you enjoyed the update

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• C-HOX
      MiceChatter
      • Sep 2005

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

Thanks for taking these great pictures. Its sure nice to finally see the lagoon shaping up.

Comment

• Alchimedes
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2005

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/26: Sub Lagoon paint and night lighting, Midway Mania, Rose Bowl

The lagoon is looking excellent! Great job on the night shot.
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• kidatheart
          • Dec 2005

thanks for the pics!

Comment

• Melonballer
            Shablagoo!
            • May 2005

Thats for the update. The lagoon is starting to get really interesting.

Comment

• DisneyFunGuy
              • Jan 2005

Great pictures!! I especially enjoyed seeing the updated pics of the SUBS, those colors look fabulous! I can't wait for this attraction to open!

Yaaaaaaaaa SUBS!! :yea:
              DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

• audibleatom
                official corn dog taster
                • Nov 2005

yeah...colour in the lagoon looks GREAT!! thanks for posting
                OLM!!!
                There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

• frecky
                  itty bitty
                  • Sep 2006

The 2 night shots are great! Thanks for sharing.
                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                    Beach Expert
                    • Sep 2006

Is it me or are the colors of the reef in the lagoon too much to be realistic? Are they going for a natural look or a cartoony look? I don't really have an opinion on which one I prefer, maybe I can judge more based on some comments...

Comment

• mikeland
                      World Traveler
                      • May 2005

Those were great pics. I swear I imagined a white fish in one of the lagoon shots.

Comment

• PEZZ Lightyear
                        PEZZ in the Fez
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                        Is it me or are the colors of the reef in the lagoon too much to be realistic? Are they going for a natural look or a cartoony look? I don't really have an opinion on which one I prefer, maybe I can judge more based on some comments...
                        Cartoony look for sure. It looks just like the Nemo movie!

I also think they are trying to keep the colors brilliant when seen through water. And over several years of direct sunlight. Right now it looks like Fluorescent Rave Reef. I am curious to see it from the Sub-Eye POV.
                        How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                        :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

• GoofBall
                          White and Nerdy
                          • Jan 2005

Very cool. Thanks.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                            Beach Expert
                            • Sep 2006

Hmm. Yes, I suppose those colors are meant to hold up through many months on being hit by direct sunlight, and hopefully this will wind up softening things a little bit.

Hopefully the end result will be colorful rather than gaudy. I am still on the fence on this.

Comment

• nojarama
                              hatbox ghost believer
                              • Jul 2005

Great piccies. Thanx for sharing!

Regardsarama,

Jon
                              Jon A. Leslie
                              nojarama
                              http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

• Abominable Snowman
                                Premium Youngling and
                                • Aug 2006

Interesting. Thanks 4 the update. And those bags of colored stuff you saw were bags of shattered colored glass

Comment

• Alice's Wonderland
                                  Directly directed
                                  • Feb 2005

Great pictures!! It looks so pretty! And I love your fireworks shot by the matterhorn!

Comment

• fo'c's'le swab
                                    Blind to His Own Faults
                                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                    Water (fresh or salt) filters out the red spectrum of light. At greater depths red does not exist. The colors will not look quite as vibrant when viewed under water.

Comment

• fo'c's'le swab
                                      Blind to His Own Faults
                                      • Dec 2006

Terrific pics--thanks so much for the post--I loved the Tiki head!!

Comment

• Disney Analyst
                                        Behind the refurb walls..
                                        • Apr 2005

they used the new glass paint to make sure this paint won't fade anytime soon, so don't expect it to become less colourful anytime soon.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                        ~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X