Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the fireworks been cancelled at all this week?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the fireworks been cancelled at all this week?

Have the fireworks been cancelled at all this week? It has been pretty windy up at my house. I am headed down to Disneyland tomorrow and the weather forecast for tomorrow night states winds at 10 mph. That seems like it's a tad bit fast for the fireworks to be sent off. What has been the pattern this week?

Re: Have the fireworks been cancelled at all this week?

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Have the fireworks been cancelled at all this week? It has been pretty windy up at my house. I am headed down to Disneyland tomorrow and the weather forecast for tomorrow night states winds at 10 mph. That seems like it's a tad bit fast for the fireworks to be sent off. What has been the pattern this week?
    They went off tonight and last night (yesterday was VERY windy. I was surprised that they went off). They evaluate the wind on a night-by-night basis.

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

Comment

Here's hoping for tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Well, I'm not there, so they'll go off as planned :/

Comment

Yes it has been very windy at my house too, and I'm about 45 minutes away from the park. I hope you get to see them though

Comment

Originally posted by SkipperStandUp View Post
            They went off tonight and last night (yesterday was VERY windy. I was surprised that they went off). They evaluate the wind on a night-by-night basis.
            Last night was VERY windy. They should not have let them off. I live about 20 minutes away and it was windy. I work a night job near John Wayne Airport. On normal nights the planes land over my building, but during sever Santa Ana's they take off over my building.

Last night at about 9:15 the flight pattern was switched to where the flights were taking off over my building. Therefore there was some strong Santa Ana's, and it was WINDY.

If I was in charge of the fireworks, I would have cancelled it.

Comment

It can be windy and the fireworks are still able to go off. Its the direction of the wind that is critical. If the wind is blowing strong enough towards the park where guests are then they may wait a few minutes or cance it completely and jsut let the snow machines go. If you ever notice they let small weather ballons to test the wind right before the shows. Its crazy what you learn hangin out behind toon town and the "million dollar" wall. ahhahaa
              We rock the party that rocks the party!
              We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

The fireworks haven't been cancelled this week. On Wed, we heard the "May be cancelled" announcements, but they still went off. Last night wasn't as windy at the park, never even had a "May be" announcement. Winds other places don't necessarily affect the Disneyland area, and the winds at Disneyland are sometimes worse than other areas. Balloons went pretty much straight last night.
                If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

When I saw the Holiday fireworks on a windy day, they shot off the Toontown fireworks but NOT the fireworks from the castle, which made for a pretty lousy show in comparison.

But that's better than no fireworks at all, which is what they did for "Remember" on days when there was the SLIGHTEST bit of wind.
                  I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                  sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
                    When I saw the Holiday fireworks on a windy day, they shot off the Toontown fireworks but NOT the fireworks from the castle, which made for a pretty lousy show in comparison.

But that's better than no fireworks at all, which is what they did for "Remember" on days when there was the SLIGHTEST bit of wind.

Are you talking about the WDW Holiday Wishes?
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                      Are you talking about the WDW Holiday Wishes?
                      Huh? LOL this is the Disneyland forum. I'm talking about Believe in the Holiday Magic....
                      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                      sigpic

Comment

For some reason, I thought that you meant Wishes. Sorry.
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

I was at Disneyland on Christmas Day and they when off. But on Dec. 3rd when I went they didn't and had just the Snow.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                            For some reason, I thought that you meant Wishes. Sorry.
                            LOL it's all good. DL's "Remember: Dreams Come True" music is a recycled WDW's "Wishes" so it's confusing to us west coasters too. Especially since they took Julie Andrews off the gig.
                            sigpic

Comment

She's still on the "Remember" gig. It's the Parade gig she's not on.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X