This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last issue of Disney Magazine is all about Disneyland

Just received my Disney Magazine. Did not read it in it's entirety, will do that later tonight. It is all about Disneyland. Has a 50th Anniversary logo on the front. Has a lot of articles about Disneyland both "now and then". Will enjoy reading it this evening.
    BarbaraAnn

Got mine today i've read it already, very good for being the last one. didn't like that cover that came with it. was trying to take cover off and kinda ruined the magazine so now i have to buy a other one. I did like the the Main Street Memories thoughout the magazine.

Comment

Got mine also, have read it completely.....too bad this publication is done with, loved the trivia questions from Dave. Never won, but sure had fun trying! They could have done without the Herbie article, but other than that is was great reading!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I got it

I got it last night, of course I do not pay attention a lot sometimes, and I completely forgot it was a last issue. It was a great edition, and read every word of it so I didn't get through it completely. Very disappointed that this will not be coming in the mail anymore.
        :blush:

Comment

I'm just waiting for someone to start a thread about this. Does anyone know why they discontinue the magazine? I'm always excited whenever I receive my latest copy and I was surprise to learn that they are going to stop printing. I always read the "Hidden Mickeys" section first. I am really going to miss this magazine. :o

Comment

Okay, a really dumb question, what is this magazine and why is it folding?

Not that it matters since I've missed it all, just curious.

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
            Trips to DL= 001
            Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Comment

it's basically a periodical about disney themeparks and the like. It's folding because the vast majority of subscribers are APs that don't pay for the mag. WDP&R (Walt Disney Parks and Resorts) feels that it can diseminate the same info w/o maintaining an office and printing hardware just for that one magazine. The AP newsletters, for instance, will likely be expanded to include more information useful to APs.
              -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
              -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
              --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Got mine as well Ihave three copies. One I've read, the others are for collecting, since the magazine is discontinued.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Got mine, got teary eyed too. I've done my "skim through" and I'll read it more thoroughly tonight when my head's not pounding so hard.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

i just got mine too, im gonna keep it in a special place, it'll bring me a few bones later...since it is a "collectors issue"
                    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

Comment

Got mine. I'm going to miss the mag. But I did think they were biased towards WDW. Not enough DL, imho...

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                        Got mine. I'm going to miss the mag. But I did think they were biased towards WDW. Not enough DL, imho...
                        Very true always WDW stuff just like the Tv show "Walt Disney inside & out" If I got the name correct.

I got mine today it was torn and bent from the mail man I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I've had a subscription I think since Elementry school.

Comment

I think it would've been nice if the readers would've had a say in this "decision" to cease publication.

Comment

Very Sadden

I cant believe they just up and pulled the plug. You can only tell this was a rushed decision since daves questions are still there. I mean how will we find out the right answers. When I called about the subscription I asked the very nice lady and she said they didnt give them that info but stated there are alot of very disappointed readers out there. I just wish they would have sent out a survey or something asking what people think or maybe they should have tried selling on news stand with other mags. Oh I dont know just very sad. Going to miss it.

Comment

Found it in Borders Bookstore a couple of weeks ago, so they were selling it on some stands......I actually was surprised it took so long to get in the mail, thought maybe we wouldn't even get the last issue.
                              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X