This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cirque du Soleil

Has there ever been any discussion inside the company about having a permanent installation of the circus at Downtown Disney in California? I'm usually not interested in seeing duplications of experiences that can be found outside the resort, and I usually prefer that Disney develop its own experiences, instead of relying on operating participants. But, Downtown Disney already features a fair amount of Art Nouveau imagery and styling that Cirque du Soleil seems like a relatively good fit for the complex.

Re: Cirque du Soleil

I would love this in DTD i love CDS!!!

Loving Disney Since 2006!
    Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

Comment

I'm sure they may have considered it. I think in a art concept before DCA was built, there was going to be a theater revenue accessible from both outside the 2nd gate (DTD?) and from the 2nd gate. But of course that didn't happen...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
      -Jurassic Park

Comment

I was thinking at first, why not put this in on Beach Blvd, where the old Wax Museum was? But thinking about it a bit, I though this would be a good addition to DTD. It would would give people something extra to do.

Comment

I know there is a CDS in the DTD at WDW and I dont think it would be a good addition. I didn't bother to see it because I have seen it on Bravo and was quite underwhelmed. Plus there isnt a live band to play the music like all of the other shows which is a BIG negative point on my list

Comment

Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post
            I would love this in DTD i love CDS!!!
            IMHO, having CDS in DTD would be AOK with me. DL (aka DLR) and WDW should look into this ASAP. hehe LOL.JK!!!

Comment

and there goes all my money if they ever do.

And hey! Tokyo is getting one too!
              "Tonight I wash my hands of you
              You set the bar I could not live up to
              Tonight the light is breaking through
              So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
              Zebrahead

Comment

BARF - totally different experiences! I'm no fan - I appreciate what they do but keep that stuff off the property. Stay in Vegas CDS!

Comment

Oh! God no, please! I can't stand that pretentious jiggery.
                  Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                  DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

I remember my Cirque Du Soliel days very well.

Something like that could really be a good thing for DCA

Comment

I like Cirque, but where would it go? DTD in Orlando has a lot more space to work with.
                      She did it!

Comment

i like the IDEA, but it better be more than the crappy knock-off at sea world san diego
                        OLM!!!
                        There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Much as I like Cirque, and much as I'd love a permanent Cirque show for California, a few issues...

1. Where do you put it?
                          2. Cirque probably has some sort of deal that says they can't have a permanent show within some distance of Las Vegas (which already has Mystere, O, Ka, Zumanity and Love). I know this is the case for Phantom, for example, which is no longer allowed to tour in LA because of the show at Venetian.
                          3. Disneyland does not have as large a tourist population as WDW. The average California resident who visits Disneyland annually (or more often) would pay to see it once, maybe twice, if at all. An out of town visitor would probably want to spend the time in the parks, and DCA is still struggling without another competitor.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X