Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew's 01-02 Update: Park is SLAMMED, Indy's moron problem, and a Mini-meet!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew's 01-02 Update: Park is SLAMMED, Indy's moron problem, and a Mini-meet!

And what a day it was! Disneyland was SLAMMED unexpectedly. Disney had posted hours of 8-11pm for DL and 10-8 for DCA, and internal reports were that the park was expecting a lighter crowd in the vein of a week before Christmas. As such, they gave days off, and kept hours low for many cast members, and for whole attractions such as Canoes and Columbia.
    And boy did they get it wrong.

I arrived today to find the Mickey and Friends line all the way out of the structure and around the bend.

Soon we too will look upon this sight and laugh.

The tram loading area indicates that something is not right with the balance of the universe.

Speaking of lines, the ticket booths were swamped.

Monorail Purple says hi to everyone. Also note the snazzy outfits of the Monorail Cast.
    Monorail Purple sez: Yo, I want a new costume too!

This sign informs people that we live in America, and, thus, we walk to the right. All at once, British accents mysteriously disappeared from my cousins.
    Also, the tiger wants to eat the sign.

A MICECHAT EXCLUSIVE FOLLOWS!!!!

Colombia is giving BERTH!!!

Berth.

Anywho, Colombia is docked, in a misjudged estimate of attendance from Disney.

(and photoshop contest)

I have cookies.

Speaking of capacity misjudging, the Canoes were also not operating today, leaving one very quiet river.
    What in the wide wide world of sports are these canoes doing?

After being a passenger on a most uncommon elevator, I noticed this interesting image.

Time for some fun with crowd control! At around 2:00, there were whispers of halting ticket sales, but it had not yet gone into place.

This, my friends, is Thunder Mountain.

18 \
    Hi-ya, Andrew!

Finally, a sign with some honesty.

The sign agreed.

Having never seen the flag retreat, I stopped by to see what it was all about. Here, the flag has been raised from half staff back up to full, then back down again, very nicely, by Disneyland security.
    Rest in Peace, President Ford.

And well sung, to boot.

INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DARKNESS
    My Fastpass was ripe for the using, so I went over to Indy. There was a HUGE line, with the entire outdoor queue being used, including the area by the boathouse, and much of Adventureland. While I was being ushered into the temple, I heard a CM comment to the merge point CM that the queue was stuck somewhere in the first part of the temple. After the flooded maze into load, the thing was empty.

At the stop point for the projection room, the CM I had mentioned at the beginning caught up with us and asked if we were the ones re-lighting the bulbs. I said the people behind me (gesturing) were responsible for letting me know it could be done.
    The CM, whom I thought might be a lead, but was missing the earpiece, thanked us profusely for our help, before ushering us into the projector room. That made my day. She simply said thank you in a very gracious manner and let us on our way. I felt like a good citizen.

A Micechat Mini-Meet!

So we sat and discovered something amazing.

The head is part of the show, of course.

THEY EXIST!!
    How inspirational.

AGH! THE CASTLE EXPLODED!!

Missed.

After a quick run (and being left in the dust by the others, headed to some super secret Fantasmic viewing location), a beautiful sight of snowfall on the Rivers of America.

Obligatory blurry monkeys.
    I

Sarah: ROCKIN??
    Winnie: Noo!!!!!

ON TOAST!!

Space Mountain, I salute you.

So there you have it! A SLAMMED, understaffed park gets hit with too many people, and I still manage to have fun! I love that place!

Oh-kay! That should do it for today!

Re: Andrew's 01-02 Update: Park is SLAMMED, Indy's moron problem, and a Mini-meet!

Awsom TR....I rather much enjoyed it...you little commentaries cracked me up ...I can't wait to go on Friday....I am gonna miss space
    Last edited by Hilsbro; 01-03-2007, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Re: Andrew's 01-02 Update: Park is SLAMMED, Indy's moron problem, and a Mini-meet!

neat update. thanks for posting

Comment

I really cracked up at "AGH! THE CASTLE EXPLODED!!"

Lex
        sigpic

Comment

That was my reaction to the new fireworks. "Oh, that's why they don't let people sit right in front of the castle anymore. They blow it up."

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

They they STILL tryin too shoot Tink down with fireworks? They seem to be getting close, but after more then a year, you would think there aim would get better.

Comment

!! Ahhhh... so that's what they're up to.

Comment

Andrew,
                Sorry we left you in the dust. It wasn't intentional, but all that was on my mind was needing to be the first group for the tower B seating. It was truly enjoyable to meet you, and the group was happy to have another disney spirit to talk to for the 3 hours we waited. Great pictures!

Comment

Nice work! Too bad about the castle though.
                  "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                  Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by wrs28220 View Post
                    Andrew,
                    Sorry we left you in the dust. It wasn't intentional, but all that was on my mind was needing to be the first group for the tower B seating. It was truly enjoyable to meet you, and the group was happy to have another disney spirit to talk to for the 3 hours we waited. Great pictures!
                    No worries there. I was headed to see the show from dead-front-and-center anyways. It worked!

Comment

I always enjoy your TRs - thanks for sharing! Love the running commentary
                      My Livejournal

Comment

Great update.

You know for the crowds...the wait times don't seem too bad to me. 60 mins for Indy doesn't seem bad on a gate closing day.

Comment

Thanks for all of the pics

Comment

Very funny and entertaining trip report.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              Great update.

You know for the crowds...the wait times don't seem too bad to me. 60 mins for Indy doesn't seem bad on a gate closing day.
                              In practice, though, they were all longer. Also, the sheer amount of people vs the little amount of CMs made it particularly difficult.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X