Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew's 01-05 Update: Double Cancellation, Windsday, and ROCKIN' REVIEWED!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew's 01-05 Update: Double Cancellation, Windsday, and ROCKIN' REVIEWED!!

Pirates of the Caribbean has its sword back, by the way. You may recall that it was gone for a bit.
    Avast there! If ye be brave or fool enough to pull this sword from this here brick, ye shall become king of all the pirates! Oh wait, wrong story.

Zip-a-dee-do-dah, zip-a-dee-ay! I show really long waits on a hot summer day!

And now that thrill of thrills: the goal of every ambitious MiceChatters: SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOHOOOHOOOHWEEEEE!

Very entertaining! Thanks for the smile!

Though briefly mitigated on Tuesday, the Curse of the Andrew struck again, and those winds at high elevations followed me over to Disneyland.

Originally posted by Voice of God
    A final decision has not been made in the hope of better weather conditions at showtime. We will continue to try to present the show as scheduled, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.
    This message does not have a Spanish counterpart.
    At the same time, Fantasmic completes its first show.

Ya know? I think Remember was actually more reliable than Believe!

Then, after a jaunt over to the Rivers of America, we noticed the wind was whipping through the area. The light towers were rocking back and forth, and the show leads radioed the light operators off of their towers.
    Soon, crowd control took their ropes down, and I was greeted with an announcement I had never heard before:

Wow.

The jungle cruise responded in kind. In their queue, the following announcement was heard over their speakers:
    WILL

It was panned. The ride became known as HoobaSTINK Mountain and was generally lambasted with a small group of (some perhaps more lubricated?) visitors providing defense.

The premise: The coolest rock concert in the universe! Featuring the Red Hot Chili Peppers!
    terribly offensive yet.
    And then you enter the dome.

Oh.
    My.
    God.
    It.
    Is.
    TERRIBLE!

In the interest of full disclosure, I should admit that I wasn't expecting much on Rockin Space... but I wasn't expecting it to be this terrible!
    The roof looked like a James Bond movie opening, with the difference being these women were clothed, I think.

What happened?

For me it was more of a "What the hell just happened?" For Shan it was more of a "What have they done to my favorite ride. I really am sad now. How long does this go?"

Like this?
    Space Mountain is gone.

Fortunately, the wind cleared the marine layer and I was able to get this dazzling, if crooked, shot of the castle.

And there you have it!

Have a good one!

Re: Andrew's 01-05 Update: Double Cancellation, Windsday, and ROCKIN' REVIEWED!!

Entertaining as always! I was there last night and have immense respect for you going on Splash Mountain under such cold and windy conditions! Later in the evening, the mercury drop and the wind chill gave me flashbacks of the arctic expedition I went on this summer.

Brrrr.

But fun!
    My Livejournal

Comment

Re: Andrew's 01-05 Update: Double Cancellation, Windsday, and ROCKIN' REVIEWED!!

Brr, indeed, but the plus side was that I got the front.

Comment

Well, the thing with Rockin' Space Mountain is...it's only good when you are in the front. I went on it twice yesterday, and I didn't enjoy it as much in the midde of the train.

Comment

Originally posted by xss2077x View Post
          Well, the thing with Rockin' Space Mountain is...it's only good when you are in the front. I went on it twice yesterday, and I didn't enjoy it as much in the midde of the train.
          I dunno. From my experience I don't think that would make much of a difference.

Comment

It looks like your the only one in the rock it mountain picture that didnt like it.

Comment

Totally agree with you about Rockin'. It's craptacular.
              :lol:

Nice TR!

Comment

When you do the Goofy Yell, you have to save a bit for the hoooieeee! at the end, Andrew... That one sort of died.

Anyone else notice that the rocks on the roof of the Splash Mountain big drop kinda look like a Hidden Mickey at an angle?...

I had to make a Service Call in Inglewood on Friday afternoon, well past my "Halfway there, might as well head down to the Park" point - and yet I headed home. If they forecast winds and the Fireworks and/or Fantasmic is the reason you're heading there, it's not worth the effort just to hear The Voice Of God cancel the show...

--<< Bruce >>--
                There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by symbolic View Post
                  It looks like your the only one in the rock it mountain picture that didnt like it.
                  :lmao:

I was thinking the same thing!
                  Foolish Mortal
                  sigpic

Comment

It's always a half-hearted Goofy Yell on my videos of the drop on Splash... I feel obligated, but want to keep the recording kinda clean!

Comment

Originally posted by symbolic View Post
                      Clearly you're missing Shan.
                      And she's got the same shrug going on.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                        I dunno. From my experience I don't think that would make much of a difference.
                        Yes, well, if you didn't like Rockin' Space Mountain at all I wouldn't expect you to like it much more any where on the train.

Comment

Precisely.

Comment

I don't understand? Everytime somebody and myself takes a perfect streight castle photo. It comes out crooked. Is the castle crooked?

Comment

Yes. Walt built it that way to add to the dimension of fantasy.

Well, no, he didn't.
                              Sometimes I get that in castle pictures because I use trash cans for tripods. It can sometimes mess up my aiming. I don't have a tripod, as you can probably tell!

EDIT: OH! Barfownz! I didn't recognize you with your new avatar! Who is that?
                              EDIT2: Oh. I see your title now. Nevermind. I have sigs turned off.
                              Last edited by mrfantasmic; 01-06-2007, 06:16 PM. Reason: oh, nm

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X