This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My camera came

okay so the only picture that I uploaded was the one of my avatar... that was taken with my new camera by my BF and with 400 speed film...

do you guys think it will work for DL??
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Good pic! I have lots of thimballs for lots of kisses. Wohoo!
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy_Bird
      okay so the only picture that I uploaded was the one of my avatar... that was taken with my new camera by my BF and with 400 speed film...

do you guys think it will work for DL??
      Do you want me to be blunt of political?
      >>Alan<<
      Member 216

Comment

sure go ahead
        -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

Well, first off, cute model. Secondly, the photo was only 150X150 so you can't really judge the sharpness. Third, you used 400 asa film wich makes your photos grainy. Fourth, items 2 and 3 make it impossible to judge lens quality. and Fifthly, who really cares what other people think. It is you that has to be happy.
          >>Alan<<
          Member 216

Comment

thank you for the compliment... I really liked it... I just dont know if 800 speed film would be better or worse... i really know nothing
            -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy_Bird
              thank you for the compliment... I really liked it... I just dont know if 800 speed film would be better or worse... i really know nothing
              Here is the scoop on film... the brighter the subject the slower the speed needs to be. The slower the speed, the better the quality of your photo will be. 100 asa folm is fine grain, has excellent saturation and the best contrast. The highr you go, the worse it gets. For general photography, 800 is not recommended.
              >>Alan<<
              Member 216

Comment

Yep, 800 speed film is more grainy.

Just stick to 100.
                Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I also know nothing when it comes to film.
                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

your camera came?...wow... I didnt even hear it breathing hard!

(Sorry, was just reading posts of DL Deaths and Murders, and needed to make a smart-azz joke)
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

well right now I am using 400 speed film... I dont want to buy any slower than than in case I want some night shots
                      -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

If you look around, there are three kinds of Kodak ASA 400 film, the standard sort of "gold/max" stuff, a brand labelled as "High Definition", and the "Professional Ultra Color". One would think the other two are slightly better than the standard "gold/max" stuff you normally find.

I'll know for sure when I get the prints back, I shot about four rolls of the Professional Ultra last week. Of course, it's more expensive than the other stuff.

Of course, anything you reduce down to avatar size is not going to work real well (my avatar was shot with 100). A good 400 should be decent for most shots, and give you some good flexibility for a mix of light and dark shots. In anything under 8x10, you might not notice graininess until you move to 1000 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan
                          In anything under 8x10, you might not notice graininess until you move to 1000 speed.
                          Exactly - which is why I recommended 400 asa film. It's my favorite all purpose film.

Nice Picture! I hope you have a lot of fun shooting - it's addictive once you start!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Whatever you do, be careful who you send your film to for developing.

I just learned an hour ago that Kodak lost all 10 rolls. They got them, but have no record of them having been developed, processed, or anything at all.

They might have some weak excuse for me on Thursday of next week. No matter what they tell me, however, there's a bundle of cash tied up in what I paid for the film, and irreplaceable shots and memories gone forever.

Comment

wow that isnt a good thing... I hope that they find the film for you... i REALLY hate when they cut the negatives and one shot that you were really looking forward to they dont process
                              -Miss Wendy Lynn

Really can come true

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X