This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland President Ed Grier gives hotel front desk job to son

Ed Grier's son is in training to work the desk at the Grand Californian Hotel.

We wish the young Mr. Grier congratulations and much luck in his new job. Quite a few at the hotels are feeling very sorry for Mr. Grier's new managers, who are sure to be under a certain bit of extra scrutiny from now on.

Thank you to MiceChatter, DisneyBallerina, for the information above - and best of luck to the Management team at the Grand Cal. You guys run a great hotel and we are sure you can live up to the heat.

UPDATE:
    We had the wrong hotel. Ed's son, Josh (22 years old), will actually be working at the Disneyland Hotel. He started training yesterday.

-Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-08-2007, 09:56 AM.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Disneyland President Ed Grier gives hotel front desk job to son

I wonder what will happen if he's late to work too much, will he get fired? Or will he just be grounded?
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

This is a good sign to me. Mr. Grier could have easily given his son an office job at TDA. But he opted for a customer service position.

Comment

It's good to know that he is working and not just living off of his father's income!
        Foolish Mortal
        sigpic

Comment

That is indeed very interesting. The kid will have an hourly job rather than dad paying his way through a MBA degree. What is the world coming to?

Comment

This should be interesting.

Comment

I think it is great that he is working an entry level position, just like anyone else of his age and experience. I hope that management treats him like anyone else working there...
              Janet
              John 3:16

Comment

how old is he?
                OLM!!!
                There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Steamboat Dusty's gyrating hips scare me but i'm hypnotized at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    This is a good sign to me. Mr. Grier could have easily given his son an office job at TDA. But he opted for a customer service position.
                    Agreed.

Comment

That's an odd choice of places to have his son work, but a good. Your average higher management castmember would just give him an easy going desk job at TDA. And on the other extreme, he could've given him a "fun" job and had him trained on whatever attraction he wanted to work, even on a cross train only attraction such as Space (that would be a BAD idea, it's the most stressful attraction in the park). This way he is not getting a free ride while also getting a pretty serious on stage position that teach him how business works and interacting with guests.
                      "They have the Swiss...."

Comment

Senator Ed knows that great people go on to become hotel executives.

Is this the one that goes to Chapman? I thought he has a son that goes to a local college here.
                        I'm also guessing that this son will not live on those meager wages alone.

Comment

Somebody ask him to tell his dad to keep improving tomorrowland and bring back the peoplemover and update Star Tours! Woot Woot!

Comment

I wonder what will happen if his son is a total screw-up? Will he be promoted to a manager like Jack Falfas' son at Knotts?

Comment

To those of us who feel the best-qualified person should get a job, this is not pleasant but all together unsurprising. This kind of thing happens in just about every business.

I AM, however, surprised that Ed put his son in at the GCH, instead of moving someone up from another hotel and putting his son in at the front desk of one of the other hotels. GCH is the Disneyland flagship hotel so you'd expect the people who have experience as Disney hosts to be directly dealing with Guests there, and never EVER hear someone say "oops, I'm sorry, I'm new at this..."

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                              Somebody ask him to tell his dad to keep improving tomorrowland and bring back the peoplemover and update Star Tours! Woot Woot!
                              I think you'll want to find John Lasseter's offspring (or one of from another WDI higher-up) for that. WDI pitches ideas to the parks, not the other way around.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X