This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totoro Land

We know Disney and Studio Ghibli have worked together to bring Miyazaki's movies to the US how would you feel if it was added to either Disneyland or DCA in the form of attractions and stuff??

(I know this would never happen but wouldn't it be nice?)
    I've stuck my foot in my mouth so many times I don't think I'll ever get rid of the taste.

Re: Totoro Land

Well, it could be interesting in DCA since the Pixar creatures are all there... I would certainly love a Spirited Away dark ride!

Comment

Hehe, a novel concept but don't know how popular it would be here in the states. The films don't even get that much help in merchandise here either. I think if Disney were to start selling Ghibli products in the stores and gage interest, anything can happen.

I would love to see a totoro character posing for pictures!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mineux View Post
        Well, it could be interesting in DCA since the Pixar creatures are all there... I would certainly love a Spirited Away dark ride!
        Or a ride on catbus!!
        I've stuck my foot in my mouth so many times I don't think I'll ever get rid of the taste.

Comment

They should put in an Oswald ride before they did this.

Comment

Alright I propose Toon Town be moved to DCA and that back area along with Fantasyland Theater be converted to GhibliLand.

hehe... though I think there's a Ghibli Museum in japan that I should definitely check out.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

i loved spirited away but i haven't seen the other films yet. but i think a attraction based off of spirited away could be real neat.

Comment

Wow that's smart. I would love that, Totoro is probably my favorite movie of all time. Not sure how successful it would be in the U.S. but it would be wildly popular for Tokyo.

Comment

The Ghibli Museum just outside of Tokyo is a MAGICAL place. I like the fact that it is smallish and not a theme park. I think it would somehow lose it's charm if it was a land in DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    Alright I propose Toon Town be moved to DCA and that back area along with Fantasyland Theater be converted to GhibliLand.

hehe... though I think there's a Ghibli Museum in japan that I should definitely check out.
                    Yes, the museum is there. I had a friend that went to visit. There is a Catbus the kids can climb on and some other neat stuff. I'll try to find some pictures when I get home
                    :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

This is a great site about a visit to the Ghibli Museum.

They don't allow photography on the inside of the building without prior permit. My photos are all outside.

Here's a link to a few photos.
                      Last edited by Not Afraid; 01-12-2007, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X