This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Pirate Island Tidbit

I heard through the grapevine tonight that an addition to Pirate Island we hadn't heard of is that it will include a Fairy section based on the new Tinkerbell / Fairies line. The rumor is that during the face character auditions next weekend one of the major roles being cast are for the Fairies. Personally, I'm only familiar with them through the cast lanyard pin series I collected last year, but it does seem like a great chance to diversify the cast.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: Interesting Pirate Island Tidbit

Faries on a pirate island? I'm confused
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

I think either there is a fairy movie, or one is being made. The little fairies that are friends of Tinkerbelle are super cute. I bought my neice the little figurines for Christmas.

Here is a website with all of them:
      http://disney.go.com/fairies/meetfairies.html

I believe in fairies!!!
      "Can't sing but I've got soul." -U2

"I've got soul, but i'm not a soldier" -The Killers

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
        Faries on a pirate island? I'm confused
        Agreed. Sounds like another way for Disney to not make one ounce of sense anymore. To be honest the first thing that came to mind was, "Oh great, just when I thought the idea was starting to sound good they had to go and crappify it." I seriously hope this ends up being false.

...Joe...

Comment

TSI has always been quite "boyish". Not that some girls also enjoy it. But perhaps they're trying to add attractions that will appeal to "girly" girls? Or maybe this is just hearsay and scuttlebutt
          Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
          DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Faries and pirates. LORD NO!

Comment

Yes, let's have a POTC island with little faries walking around...Such a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
                Yes, let's have a POTC island with little faries walking around
                I'm so not touching that one. :lol:
                Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

There seems to be a disconnect there. Pirates... fairies...
                  Well, after all, Peter Pan has pirates and fairies.
                  But Mark Twain never wrote the two together, and in Frontierland it just would not make sense.

Comment

Pirates and Princesses are just what's in and they don't want to do one without the other I guess =P The whole pirate princess party at WDW just boggles me but at least there it's going to actually make extra money for them through a special event. Forcing a fairy section on a pirate island is so utterly wrong it makes me think that, if it's true, maybe they just realized they can't finish anything ambitious so it's just going to involve throwing up some decorations on parts of the island and since they can't fill up a whole island with pirate stuff they'll do fairies on the rest.

They can call it Disney's Enchanted Adventure Island to match the Enchanted Adventure Parade cuz that's the only way they can think to mix them :P Goody :P

Enchanted worlds of grand adventure can come true, when adventure's just for you! Drink up me 'arties yo ho!
                    Last edited by almandot; 01-17-2007, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Interesting ... is this connected to the Fantasy Fair that's in the theater? Just another place for girls to ruin the 50 dollar dress their parents just bought, I surmise..

Comment

Umm... how about "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

I think this "rumor" is completely false. It's too hard to believe.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                        -Jurassic Park

Comment

Wrong :bang: land :bang: !

I wouldn't mind so much if they were in Fantasyland, but Frontierland? oye!

I don't know how much I believe this rumor. The movie for the faries isn't even out yet...I'll believe it when Al says something.

Comment

Maybe there are just lost on space and shoving the fairies in with the pirates...lol. I agree Fairies and Pirates definitely do not go together like peas and carrots do...
                            Janet
                            John 3:16

Comment

What I just don't understand is how they can take a part of Frontierland and totally take the 'Frontier' out of it. Like history didn't give us enough fodder for a new idea. Harumph.

And I say...put the fairies in the Innoventions building.
                              Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                              Words hurt.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X