This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA's Carsland

What do you guys think of the concept art for the new Cars ride at DCA. It looks alot like Epcot's Test Track. Any idea where this would be placed?

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Re: DCA's Carsland

To me, in my opinion, it looks like a ride for paradise pier where mulholland madness is... that would be a great location for some great attractions because as of right now, that area really stinks, I hardly even walk through it. Infact, on my last visit, I didn't even walk through that area once! AND I WAS THERE FOR 8 DAYS! Personally I think DCA needs a little something more than just kiddy rides and carnival games... this isn't the state fair, it's a disney park!
    Oh what the future will hold...

Comment

It would look better in DL.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
        It would look better in DL.
        Where in Disneyland would that be. What land would it fit in the best?
        Always follow your dreams...sigpic

Comment

You could always remove the Autopia and put it there. Besides, a Cars-themed land fits in prefectly with the "California theme".
          When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Comment

I have a few serious reservations about this concept. D.C.A. is turning into an even bigger mess than the park was when it first opened.

Imagineering still doesn't know what it wants to say with the California park, and that lack of focus is quite evident in the scope of this project.

Ultimately, if Disney doesn't have a legitimate justification for creating the park, then why should anyone have a reason to visit it?

Comment

Hopefully 'Carland' would include such cars as Herbie, Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang, and Bennie from Roger Rabbit. Not just Pixar cars.

Comment

I don't think Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang was a Disney movie.

Comment

Hopefully they will retheme the current condor flats area to the forest theme as mentioned before and this new desert area will be in the Timon lot. Woud love to see an Alien Encounter type attraction in a deralict army base in the desert.
                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                    Oh man...I've been wrong all this time.

//Runs into the corner to ponder what else he's been wrong about.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                      I have a few serious reservations about this concept. D.C.A. is turning into an even bigger mess than the park was when it first opened.

Imagineering still doesn't know what it wants to say with the California park, and that lack of focus is quite evident in the scope of this project.

Ultimately, if Disney doesn't have a legitimate justification for creating the park, then why should anyone have a reason to visit it?

It's "lipstick on a pig"...and we all know "you can't top Pigs with Pigs".
                      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

No, but it has Dick Van Dyke, small kids with British accents, and music by the Sherman Brothers, so...

it's really Mary Poppins on wheels.

:mob:

Comment

Just to clarify, I am not trying to stir up anything here. I am just stating a fact. Although it definitely shares a lot of elements mentioned previously. Ok? :-)

Comment

Just to clarify, I am not trying to stir up anything here. I am just stating a fact. Although it definitely shares a lot of elements mentioned previously. Ok? :-)
                            No worries. I really was always under the impression that it was a Disney movie.

Back to the subject. I think it is dangerous to base a whole land on a single franchise. Hopefully the imagineers will diversify the proposed 'Carland'.

Comment

hmm i think they need to rename DCA to pixarland since all the new attractions seem to be based on pixar movies and really don't fit into california at all. THe only movie not having a proposed attraction yet is the icredibles yet. frankly you could turn one of the builidings not being used into a french restaurant for rattatoui(SP).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X