This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Story Mania

Does anyone have a reaction to the conceptual artwork for this attraction that was published in this year's annual report?

Re: Toy Story Mania

You mean this:

Personally, I think it looks kind of cheap. Just a bunch of cardboard flats with games and targets on them. I'm sure these are really projected screens with animation but still seems really chezzy. It kind of looks like you can spin the cars but who has controls over that?
    When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Comment

Nope but I bet you do... Personally I think the Midway Mania (Now Toy Story Mania) looks freakin' sweet! It's great to ACTUALLY SEE a picture of what it might look like after reading about a million posts about it.
      Oh what the future will hold...

Comment

I prefer the title Midway Mania, it actually tied it into the lands theme for a second.
        Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

According to this shot there's 4 people per car though, so your ability to have control would ruin the otehr sets of people's gameplay. Either that or end up in a control war. Chances are like the initial concept says. You move from section to section/game to game on a set time scale. As in the cars would rotate after a specific time to play the games on both sides.

I still don't quite understand the x-ray vision thing they were planning though based on this peice of art.

Comment

1. This could be an early concept name, or a working title. Midway mania could be a more modern name, and it could even go through several names during development.

2. I kind of hope that the rotation is random. If the idea is to play these midway games, have a game on either side of the room and have it be random which game your side of the car plays.

3. don't read too much into concept drawings. Imagine trying to figure out what the Haunted Mansion would be like by its concept drawings
            St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by Pipeek View Post
              I still don't quite understand the x-ray vision thing they were planning though based on this peice of art.
              The attraction has nothing to do with X-ray vision. That was just a way to explain potential uses of the technology in the patent application.

Think of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, but replace the sets with projections on the walls that change based on your shooting of the targets.

Comment

The "x-ray" thing will probably be used more in tokyo's monsters inc

Comment

I'm pretty sure the spinning is designed into the ride. There are shooters on both sides so I don't think you'd actually spin or rotate during a game. but it's kinda cool to think that you'd spin 360 degrees to your next game, etc.

The concept illustration looks cheap, and since it's the use of projection screens and located in "paradise pier", cheap is part of the theme! (not that I support it)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by phruby View Post
                    You mean this:

Personally, I think it looks kind of cheap. Just a bunch of cardboard flats with games and targets on them.
                    Or flat screens with digital sets on them that change as you hit them...yeah technology is rides is cheap...

Comment

The problem is that theme seems forced. Toy Story was about toys, not WWII! Toy Story would not be my first theme choice. Clearly it was dictated by management to come up with a ride featuring Toy Story. The Incredibles would be a much more natural fit with the fight scenes in that movie. Blasting toys seems too much like Sid.
                      Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
                        The problem is that theme seems forced.
                        Apparently, you haven't seen the thread today about Fairy's Glen in Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer's Island.

Disney doesn't do theme parks, anymore.

Disney does advertisement parks.

Comment

Remember... the section this photo came from was titled "dreaming..."
                          U S E Y O U R I M A G I N A T I O N

Member/Founder of the SSC (Small Signature Club).

Comment

I love buzz, but I always have to ride alone because I get very serious when I play lol. When you have two people and one is controling, the other can't shoot targets very well. I think they shoudl be single rided WITH guns and two person without.
                            "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

I think it's concept art. Until we see more complete renderings, it's going to be hard to actually figure out what this is all about.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X