Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

3 Year Olds Birthday at Disneyland ???'s

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Year Olds Birthday at Disneyland ???'s

My daughters 3rd birthday is coming up in May and we were thinking of having it at Goofy's Kitchen. I've read about several of you having your kids parties at different places but I still don't know what's best.
    Here are a few things I need to keep in mind:
    1. Family will be there. Nobody except my wife and I have AP's and I don't know if they'd all be willing to buy a ticket for the day.
    2. If they are willing to buy a ticket, what is best for a big family and a 3 year old to go to for her birthday?
    3. If any of you can give me prices, that would help a lot!!!
    4. Any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ahead of time!

Re: 3 Year Olds Birthday at Disneyland ???'s

If you are inviting people to Disneyland for a birthday party, then you should pay for entry tickets.

Pick someplace else.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
      If you are inviting people to Disneyland for a birthday party, then you should pay for entry tickets.

Pick someplace else.
      Agreed.

Really, the birthday offerings for a 3 year old at Disneyland are pretty overrated. The Plaza Inn party is probably the best suited for a little one that age, but I hear the cake tastes like satan.

My opinion as a parent is that most of the birthday doings at the park or hotels are more appropriate for a child who is 5 or older.

There are LOTS of other options where your whole family can enjoy without feeling pressured to buy a Disneyland ticket, and your little one will have a great time.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Buying the tickets is the main reason why we have never had my daughters birthday there with family. We felt that we should pay for them if we invited them.

But just our immediate family celebrates birthdays there. A special lunch or dinner that we would not usually do. And those tubs with the cake and trinkets inside. We let my daughter wear her princess dress on her birthday!
        "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together." - Walt Disney
        sigpic

Comment

If you do Goofy's, you don't have to go into Disneyland, but you get a nice Disneyland experience, anyway.

We did my three daughter's fifth birthdays at Goofy's. It's a good time, good buffet, lots of characters and attention.

You can bring your own cake and balloons if you want. What they supply is a little lame for the money. For our oldest, we actually bought the birthday party package with a cake...it cost us an extra $100 at the time (7 years ago). :lol:

For our youngest, we bought the $5 party bag add-on for her. Another waste of money, but it came with a Goofy's pen and she still has it a year later, so maybe it wasn't such a waste.

Edited to add: Also, a 3 year old's birthday is still kind of about the adults who will be there...so think about the adults you're inviting. Will they enjoy it? At three, the kids do have fun, but get overwhelmed by the attention and the environment.

Comment

Isn't Goofy's Kitchen at the hotel and wouldn't require a ticket purchase?
            Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Pick someplace else.
              Believe me, I would if I could but I just can't.
              Not to mention there's no way my family would allow my wife or I to do that. They wouldn't accept the tickets.
              And when I say family, I'm talking 30 people.

We've thrown some huge parties not only for my daughter but for my nieces and nephews and for holidays. I always go all out on them. (Harry Potter, 80s, Carnival, etc, etc.) This year we wanted to take her out instead of having it at home like every other party.

I know there's other stuff to do and in the long run that's probably what we'll end up doing anyway. I just wanted to hear some of your opinions.
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                Isn't Goofy's Kitchen at the hotel and wouldn't require a ticket purchase?
                Yes, that's why we wanted to take her there in the first place.

Comment

You get a discount with your AP....that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                    Then go for it.
                    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                      If you do Goofy's, you don't have to go into Disneyland, but you get a nice Disneyland experience, anyway.

We did my three daughter's fifth birthdays at Goofy's. It's a good time, good buffet, lots of characters and attention.

You can bring your own cake and balloons if you want. What they supply is a little lame for the money. For our oldest, we actually bought the birthday party package with a cake...it cost us an extra $100 at the time (7 years ago). :lol:

For our youngest, we bought the $5 party bag add-on for her. Another waste of money, but it came with a Goofy's pen and she still has it a year later, so maybe it wasn't such a waste.

Edited to add: Also, a 3 year old's birthday is still kind of about the adults who will be there...so think about the adults you're inviting. Will they enjoy it? At three, the kids do have fun, but get overwhelmed by the attention and the environment.

You're right about a 3 year olds birthday. It is about the adults and the older kids still. There's a total of 12 kids in the family and they range from 1 (my youngest daughter) to 12. They would all enjoy Goofy's Kitchen I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                        Take her there and to D'land.

AND have a big family party someplace else and some other time.

My wife's family (huge as well) will do small birthday get-togethers during the week (more immediate family, G-parents at most) and incorporate birthday festivities at weekly Sunday dinner (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.)

You could try group sales. Some kind of discount might be available.

One problem I see is that when the meal is over, and you say, "Well, we're taking <little princess> to Disneyland," and then there's some awkward silence or uncomfortable good-bye's.

Comment

Take her there and to D'land.

AND have a big family party someplace else and some other time.

My wife's family (huge as well) will do small birthday get-togethers during the week (more immediate family, G-parents at most) and incorporate birthday festivities at weekly Sunday dinner (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.)

You could try group sales. Some kind of discount might be available.

One problem I see is that when the meal is over, and you say, "Well, we're taking <little princess> to Disneyland," and then there's some awkward silence or uncomfortable good-bye's.

Those good-bye's don't sound fun and I definitely don't want that.

Comment

I'd love to see the bill for a party of 30 at Goofy's Kitchen!

I wouldn't want to PAY it, just see it...

Good luck!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X