X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twingirlsmom
    • Jun 2006

Camping near the park

Has anyone camped at the Orangeland Camping ground recently? We would save $350 over the HoJos for 6 days but I'm not sure if it's worth it! Any advice from you experts?
  • DisneyIPresume
    Beach Expert
    • Sep 2006

Re: Camping near the park

I have absolutely no idea. Sorry. In your other post you mentioned you will be having a car? I suggest looking at hotel rooms in Costa Mesa or maybe Santa Ana. They are a lot cheaper in general than the rooms directly around the DLR and are not that inconvenient to get to and from...

Comment

• akfandisney
      • Oct 2005

I have not been there but is what found on the web site search

Informed RVers have rated 34 campgrounds near Orange, California. Access 1217 trusted reviews, 617 photos & 343 tips from fellow RVers. Find the best campgrounds & rv parks near Orange, California.

hope it help

Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

• twingirlsmom
        • Jun 2006

Thank you all for all your help!

Comment

• DisneyDude2006
          Comin' at ya!
          • Oct 2006

I camped INSIDE disneyland. You know the tarzan tree house tent? That's mine.
          "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

• Druggas
            Hooterville, USA
            • Feb 2005

When you say camping, do you mean a tent?

It's been cold here at night!
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• twingirlsmom
              • Jun 2006

A travel trailer is as close as I get to a tent! I want a heater.

Comment

• sleepyjeff
                Spree Candy
                • Jan 2005

Camping at Disneyland use to be quite popular with two awesome Campgrounds right on old West Street directly across the st. from Disneyland. The Anaheim KOA and The Disneyland Hotels Vacationland both were rated 5 stars by Woodals camping directory(highest rating they give btw). My family stayed at these two resorts on many occasions. Our favorite was Vacationland because it was actually owned by the Disneyland Hotel and their facilities were open to us when we stayed there.

...good times(sigh)...

Sadly, both campgrounds are gone due to Resort Expansion(Parking Structure)

There still is a pretty nice campground(or at least there was a couple of years ago) near Knotts that provides free shuttles to Disneyland. Name escapes me but I am sure it has a big ad in the Woodals directory.
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• TheDonald
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by twingirlsmom View Post
                  A travel trailer is as close as I get to a tent! I want a heater.
                  I've considered this route as well BUT the exta fuel costs to drag the trailer down from Sacramento would go a long way to offset the savings on lodging. The Hotels on South Harbor near the Crosswalk are not expensive and are oh so convenient. No parking or shuttle bus to worry about either. Just my $.02
                  THEDonald
                  403 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Comment

• ~xxBooxx~
                    "714"
                    • Aug 2006

cool! I never knew about this camping place!!?!?! If I went I would have to go RV style cause I would not want to sleep in a tent after a long day at disneyland. I would want a bed to sleep on not no air mattress.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

• PirateMickey
                      A Pirate's life for me!
                      • Sep 2005

Yeah, we have stayed in Orangeland a few times in our motorhome. Great place! VERY clean restrooms and facilities. Heated pool. Nice store and they even sell DL merchandise (at cheap prices too). Plus, you can pick all of the oranges that you want! And with the supposed upcoming shortage of oranges (and higher prices), you might be able to pick enough to "pay" for your stay. They even supply you with the pickers.

The only negative is that the shuttle is not very convenient. Very few trips back and forth and not at convenient times. It worked for us during our trips, but most of the time it would be a PITA. If you tow a dinghy, then it is perfect.

Avoid the other RV Park which is around the corner. It is more like a trailer park and there is no security or even fences. You are in a neighborhood and the "neighbors" have 24 hour access to your RV site. It's one notch above a vacant parking lot, but not by much...

Enjoy!

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                        Beach Expert
                        • Sep 2006

There are other RV parks right on the beach in Huntington Beach which this time of year may not be that expensive. It is only 20 minutes away and nice that it is on the beach. It would be cold but there are fire pits nearby.

Another is the Newport Dunes in Newport Beach which I think are expensive but maybe this time of year it probably is a lot less. I have been there before and the grounds are really nice with a nice clubhouse and pool.

Comment

• fo'c's'le swab
                          Blind to His Own Faults
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
                          I camped INSIDE disneyland. You know the tarzan tree house tent? That's mine.
                          heh..you just have to watch out for the homeless bears that roam the Park after nightfall...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X