This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Breakfast

OK so I'm still planing our March trip and was wondering about the character breakfasts. On friday I think we're going to do Goofy's Kitchen for dinner(my husband wants prim rib). The next day we're doing Ariel's Grotto for lunch. So what do you think the best place for breakfast would be? It will be our last day. Thanks I have to come to the experts to make our first family vacation magical!!:bow:

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.h...olor=%23000000

Caribbean Cruise Reviews

Re: Character Breakfast

Honestly I would just do 2 characters meals. We did an 8 day trip and had 2 character meals and I would not have added another one. They are cute and your children will enjoy it but they do take a lot of time.
    Particularly the Ariels Grotto. When you book the priority seating they tell you that you have 80 minutes. However, we have been twice and both times it was 2-3 hours from the time we checked in to when we left.

Personally I would rather spend more time in the park.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Comment

Goofy's Kitchen is great for filling you up! I found that the character aspect of the meal was great, but the food was a little much for breakfast.
      The daydream princess

Comment

We have a free breakfest so should I cut out the dinner?

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.h...olor=%23000000

Caribbean Cruise Reviews

Comment

First off your not getting Prime Rib at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, at least not the last few times I've gone. The Prime Rib Buffet is at Storyteller's Cafe and no characters for dinner.

Goofy's actually is better for breakfast than dinner in my opinion.

But really one character meal would do, but that all depends on you of course. There are plenty of other decent places to eat (and eat quickly), so you can spend more time in the Resort.

Whatever you choose though I'm sure you'll enjoy!
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Do Goofy's Kitchen for the character breakfast and enjoy a better prime rib dinner at Steakhouse 55 (formerly Granville's) in DL Hotel.
            An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
            www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Comment

i've enjoyed the interaction and food at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at the PCH Grill. I've also heard good things about the character breakfast at the Storyteller's Cafe. Both offer the option to order off of a menu, or to choose the buffet.

Regarding the Goofy's Kitchen buffet, it pretty much offers the same food for breakfast and dinner, with the exception of the freshly made omelets and some more specifically breakfast foods. But if you were to be seated around lunchtime, perhaps you could use your voucher on that. Prime rib should already be available by then.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                First off your not getting Prime Rib at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, at least not the last few times I've gone. The Prime Rib Buffet is at Storyteller's Cafe and no characters for dinner.
                Really? I've had prime rib the last couple of times I'd gone to Goofy's. Of course, it's been a while... maybe I should go again to re-introduce myself to the menus. Anyone wanna pay for me?

Comment

Originally posted by poohnpiglet View Post
                  Honestly I would just do 2 characters meals. We did an 8 day trip and had 2 character meals and I would not have added another one. They are cute and your children will enjoy it but they do take a lot of time.
                  Particularly the Ariels Grotto. When you book the priority seating they tell you that you have 80 minutes. However, we have been twice and both times it was 2-3 hours from the time we checked in to when we left.

Personally I would rather spend more time in the park.

Really? I go there regularly and it never takes more than an hour and half. But it is just me and my son, that might make the difference, party size.

Comment

I love the Minnie and friends breakfast at the Plaza Inn. The food is great, buffet style with omletes to die for and when you are done you are right in the park. This is our favorite character meal!
                    Foolish Mortal
                    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't agree cutting the number of character meals. I've done Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, and by far it's the best dinner. Great selection of characters, but more importantly to me, really surprisingly high quality food. I had salmon in Miso, prime rib and turkey is usually offered, and many other selections were a great choice.

For breakfast, I'd say skip Storytellers - I've done it twice, and for the price, the crowds, the selection, and especially the characters are second rate. I'd vote Goofy's Kitchen and Plaza Inn a tie for characters -- and Goofy's kitchen again has a wider selection in food. The advantage of Plaza Inn is that you're already in the park, but it just has very basic food items.

And have a great time!

Comment

plaza inn for breakfast. i really liked it the last time i was there because the characters interact really well with each other and the diners. they don't miss a table and they play with the kids without hyping them up so much that they are annoying the people around them. the food is kind of basic, but i don't demand a huge, heaping, complicated breakfast.
                        A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                        :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at Paradise Pier. Not only do you have characters visiting the tables, but there are frequent breaks where the kids play games and do songs with the characters.

Comment

I like the Plaza Inn character breakfast because I like to work it. Seating people is fun.

Not the response you're looking for...

Comment

The only character meal I've done is the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast at the PCH Grill. I enjoyed it, thougth the food was good. I arrived first in our party and was waiting for my daughter and her fiance to arrive and while I was waiting Stitch came to the table and sat with me. That was pretty fun!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X