This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/21 Survey takers out at Space Mt.

I was at DL with my family yesterday and got to experience Rockin' Space Mountain for the first time. Despite all the comments here, I went in with an open mind. Even worse than expected!

The only good thing was that Disney had marketing people out asking questions about the experience. My wife got pulled aside and she let them have it.

I was also down this weekend with my sisters and their families. We weren't able to get on SM and I am thankful for that. This was a first trip (or least a first trip in a long time) for my sisters and their families. Had this been their experience of SM, it would have left such a bad impression.

Did anyone else get to give some feedback this weekend?
    The Mur

Re: 1/21 Survey takers out at Space Mt.

Me and my wife were there this last weekend and we rode SM, we liked it, and we had a surveyor try to ask us, but then he saw a family behind us and went after them! (maybe it was your wife and family)

Comment

I stayed till closing on Friday and was interviewed in front of City Hall. It was just general questions but she did ask me what I rode and I told her Space Mountain. She asked if I liked it and I told her it was different. I am neutral on this issue so you know. But I was asked about it.

My opinion -- take the term "Space Mountain" out of "Rockin' Space Mountain" and you will enjoy the ride a lot more. I know this is only temporary and the old one will be coming back, so I just enjoyed the different ride experience. You can see the tracks quite well, but I think it is a bit naive for us to think that they were doing this accidentally. As far as the music is concerned, having it pump so loud in the background with all the lighting effects kind of took me back to the '70's to the days when carnival rides had that loud metal music going on with all the lights swirling around.

In general, my opinion is it's different. Not better, not worse, just different...

Comment

We got asked this morning and said that the best part was seeing the track, and the worst part was seeing the track.

I liked the novelty of seeing inside the building but find myself looking over the side the whole time and not really caring at all about the effects.

Hopefully it will become part of the extinct attractions list come april.

Comment

Yep I was approached by a survey taker and she asked when was the last time I'd been at DL and I said the day before (because I'd been working the day before) and she was like oh nevermind in such a rude way. I was like um ok my opinion doesn't matter?

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
            Yep I was approached by a survey taker and she asked when was the last time I'd been at DL and I said the day before (because I'd been working the day before) and she was like oh nevermind in such a rude way. I was like um ok my opinion doesn't matter?
            I wouldn't take it too personally. I'm sure the poll was designed to see if Rockin' was drawing in specific crowds, especially non-regulars. As you had only been there the day before, you were outside of the sample they were going for.

I'm sure I remember someone saying in another thread that these kind of promotions tend to be aimed at gathering new locals rather than a massive campaign like the 50th or YOAMD, for example.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
              I'm guessing that as an employee, your opinion wouldn't have been taken anyway. They are looking for someone with a seemingly objective opinion, not someone who goes every day or someone who has access to insider info.
              A signature should go here.

Comment

One thing is for sure, you dont ask servey questions too the fanbase. Most of us are so jaded that ANY changes at all are going to be viewed negitivly. Plus we tend to form our openion before going on the ride when reading all about it in the forums.

They want to interview someone who has never riden it before for or even known about it for a fresh take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                  I'm guessing that as an employee, your opinion wouldn't have been taken anyway. They are looking for someone with a seemingly objective opinion, not someone who goes every day or someone who has access to insider info.
                  Yeah but it was only my 2nd time on that ride lol, not like I hang out in the park every day like APers. I know many CMs who haven't been on it yet.

Comment

Well, I rode it for the 1st time yesterday (my 2nd ride on Space EVER!!) and I liked it a lot better because yu could see the track. The rockin' part was cool too. Im' bummed I missed the survey part.

It's just a temporary thing - no reason the get your pantie in a wad. It's good that Disney is at least trying something new. I'm sure it's all been said lsewhere in threads I didn't read
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

They had the survey people at Screamin' as well.

They were asking questions which determine how long it has been since you last rode the ride, how long since you were last at the park, and if you saw any of the marketing for the ride. They wanted to know if you knew about the "Rockin'" version of the ride prior to getting to the park.

They also asked this: "Did you notice anything new about California Screamin' today?"

The last question was: "What sort of admission ticket did you use to get into the park today?". I could feel the great flushing noise as I said "Annual pass".

But I must tell you that I gave Screamin' a "Good" rating and said that I would recommend it to others. I wouldn't have been as generous about Rockin' Space Mountain.
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

That is what my wife said as well. She thought the new music was pretty good (particularly the heavy base) on Screamin'.

I am all for Disney trying new things. I still like the idea of Rockit Mountain. I think all the lights were a bit disappointing since the speed of the ride is enhanced by the darkness. With all the extra light it didn't feel nearly as thrilling.

I think with the original concept of SM in the day and RM at night, it would be a great combo.
                        The Mur

Comment

Hmm, guess I just missed it, but I am curious as to how non-regulars are responding to this.

I like Rockin' Space Mountain personally. I enjoyed seeing the track and the pumpin' projections (though I would have gotten rid of the dancing people and just added more retro designs), along with the music. Also, if the term "space" is still in the title and the Imagineers meant the ride to be actually rockin' in space, then the space aspect needs to still be implemented somehow. A little more tweaking and I think everyone could be happy with this attraction.

I'm neutral on Rockin' California Screamin'...seeing as how it was supposed to have a soundtrack from the beginning and I've never heard it. The only difference is the music, so essentially it's not all that different...it's just actually working.

I'd imagine that non-locals visiting would be confused by the term "space" with no space aspect about it, and that they'd enjoy Rockin' California Screamin' just as much as they would (or a little bit more because of the Chili Peppers) as much as they would if the rode the regular attraction (if the speakers were working).

Comment

The reason I like the new music on Screamin' is because there actually is music now unlike before where you usually got no sound or very low sound. I would like someone to say that to one of these survey takers since I can't lol.

Comment

I really hate this mentality that Disney shouldn't care what the hardcore fan or the person who goes more often than average thinks. These survey people shouldn't ask our opinion? Why? We're there spending money just like everyone else.

This notion that they should only ask people who don't really care that much is absurd. They should be getting opinions from a wide range of people, both regulars and non-regulars.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X