X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it OK for a CM to touch a Guest?

I'm just wondering...

Yesterday a couple of us were standing around talking when a CM came up to us. He was joking around and asked the usual "Where are you from?" and "Are you enjoying your day?" type of questions. But during the conversation, he winked at my friend once or twice and also gave her a half hug.

It kinda weirded her out and overall this guy gave off a creepy vibe.

I was just wondering if CMs were allowed to touch guests in this way, at all, or maybe if only certain CMs were?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Re: Is it OK for a CM to touch a Guest?

Yes. I've seen it quite a bit, but your situation sounds just more like flirting and that really is not encouraged among the cast.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Ick! I hope you had an opportunity to report him to City Hall. This kind of thing really bothers me, when someone uses their job to be inappropriate. Gah, this really touched a nerve with me.

Comment

Hmmm, I have no idea what the actual policy is on this but I would assume cast members can touch guests seeing as the characters give hugs all the time. When we took a picture with a TOT bellhop we put our arms behind his back and he put his behind ours, like how you usually take a picture with a group of people standing next to each other. However, it sounds like this particular CM may have overstepped his boundaries a bit.

Comment

If they're not Characters, then, yeah, it's really creepy. (But if the CM is hot, is it OK for a Guest to touch first?)
          An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
          www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Comment

Perhaps the person was normally a character, and forgot he wasn't wearing his Tigger outfit.

I suppose in a place full of hugs and cheers, it doesn't seem that out of place. The added winking and so forth pretty much made it flirting, but obviously his desired outcome was not freaking you out.

As a customer servicey sort of person myself, it is very inappropriate to touch and flirt, although I guess it depends on context.

Although Pugman has it right: if the person is hot, they may touch and touch again.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

FWIW, it was creepy old man vibes, not young, cute man vibes. If it was flirting, it wasn't because he wanted to ask her on a date (I hope not)
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Was he wearing a trenchcoat? It could have been me.

Comment

I had a friend that used to work at the rock who picked up chicks all the time by doing things like this. He said that he was not allowed to do that... that was before it was termed for it. (At least thats why I think he was.)

So no, CM's are not allowed to do anything that crates a since of discomfort in guests. I would of reported that CM if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyRob View Post
                    Was he wearing a trenchcoat? It could have been me.
                    mmmm...trenchcoats
                    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
                    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Comment

In a place like lawsuit happy Disneyland, I really doubt they encourage their CM's to go around giving hugs. I could kind of see that sort of thing happening for Jack Sparrow, the Mayor of Mainstreet, or one of the Dapper Dans. But for a guy at a churro cart, I'm thinking that might not be too appropriate.

Comment

I'm a very huggable , touchy person and I would say that the CM overstepped the boundaries unless the guest knew the CM.

CM's have to very careful on how they approach people. People can easily take things out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                          But for a guy at a churro cart, I'm thinking that might not be too appropriate.
                          Hey...when you really want a churro...you do what you got to do.

Comment

It all depends on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                              FWIW, it was creepy old man vibes, not young, cute man vibes. If it was flirting, it wasn't because he wanted to ask her on a date (I hope not)
                              :lmao: omg I have a mental pic of an old guy :lol: yikes!!! creepy

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X