This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monorail/California Screamin Closed yesterday 1/22/07

Why were they closed yesterday. I thought the monorail reopened back in December?

Re: Monorail/California Screamin Closed yesterday 1/22/07

The monorail was scheduled to close Monday and Tuesday this week (Jan 22 & 23) due to construction in the Sub lagoon. Although it was not listed on the refurbs on Disneyland.com. Whatever they are doing required them to not run the Monorails at all, even though they do not go over the lagoon when they are running.

As for Screamin', it could have been a temporary closure or maybe it needed to close unscheduled, as it did last month, due to the construction underneath the track.

Comment

Thanks. I was also wearing my MiceChat shirt that day and got a few questions and comments from Guests and Cast members about the site.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
        Thanks. I was also wearing my MiceChat shirt that day and got a few questions and comments from Guests and Cast members about the site.
        :ot:

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
          What did they say?

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
            What did they say?
            These were the mojority of the replies i got:

I cant stand Al Lutz.
            Ive gone to that site before.
            What is MiceChat?

Comment

I thought the monorails were getting different cars or something?>
              "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
                I thought the monorails were getting different cars or something?>
                In Summer 2007 they are.

Comment

Can anyone ride or do you have to have hotel rooms on property?

Comment

Theoretically anyone can ride, though it can be restricted to hotel guests during peak times (especially around park closing) and hotel guests get priority access. With the one-way service, it takes a lot less for them to start restricting to hotel guests.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
                      Theoretically anyone can ride, though it can be restricted to hotel guests during peak times (especially around park closing) and hotel guests get priority access. With the one-way service, it takes a lot less for them to start restricting to hotel guests.
                      Do they really do that? I've never seen it. The only time I've seen it restricted to hotel guests was for early entry.

Comment

Do they really do that? I've never seen it. The only time I've seen it restricted to hotel guests was for early entry.
                        I rode it to Goofy's Kitchen because i had reservations there.

Comment

Do they really do that?
                          I've seen them do it several times on busy days. The lower capacity of only 1 train, and the still constant heat sensor failures in the back of the train (due to shuttle mode) really drop the amount of people it can transport.
                          -Monorail Man

Comment

So do they ask for a room key to board the monorail?

Comment

Strike 2 for Screamin' I was agreeable to sit on it again, and of course....it was closed! I didn't even see any work being done around the new attraction either!!!

1 more chance, then it's really out of my book!
                              Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X